Friends of Friesen

devils alley pub

16 posts in this topic

did anyone at last nights game (11/26) see the devils alley pub on the second concourse? whats the deal, is it just a concessions stand for beer or like an actual pub?

It's just concessions, with a little different choices of beer. I saw Newcastle, Heineken, among others. They have chairs set up, etc.

Just a small window serving beer. It's like an alleyway as it's quite long and narrow with a granite counter top running the length against the east side window. You can see it from Mulberry Street and the adjacent parking lots as it's behind the large front video screen.

With some enhancements it can be an exciting place to congregate before the game, between periods, postgame, etc. Also, when the city completes the Triangle Park area off Mulberry, facing east between The Rock and Penn Station, it'll have a fantastic view as well.

It's a start and it's nice to see the organization do something with what was once wasted space. Support it and head over during your next game and purchase a beer or two.

Yeah the beer selection was quite nice although I didn't see prices and I bet it'll cost ya.. It's nice because it brings people back there, and it's really a nice place to hang out during intermission breaks

It's just concessions, with a little different choices of beer. I saw Newcastle, Heineken, among others. They have chairs set up, etc.

Also saw molson on tap :cheers:

I heard it will be a full bar as well...

When we gonna get some Yuengling in the Rock?

I'm with this guy!

Thought it looked pretty cool and there will be more furniture to come for the Devils Alley bar also will be hard liquor along with food real soon.

I'm with this guy!

They have it already, I'm pretty sure I had one last night.

They have it already, I'm pretty sure I had one last night.

Yup. Lower concourse, Beers of Newark. It's bottle, not tap, but it does the trick.

They had a box of zeoples that they were going to throw away, so me and my friends walked away with a whole bunch.

Yup. Lower concourse, Beers of Newark. It's bottle, not tap, but it does the trick.

Fantastic! Do they overcharge for it?

I remember when the only club in NJ I could find the stuff in was Maxwells, now its everywhere and that just makes me happy. Before you could get it outside PA I used to make a bi-monthly run to Pottsville for a case or two.

Edited by Deke

Is the blue line blue?

Seriously though, I don't know, but it's a sporting venue so I imagine they would, lol.

I remember when the only club in NJ I could find the stuff in was Maxwells, now its everywhere and that just makes me happy. Before you could get it outside PA I used to make a bi-monthly run to Pottsville for a case or two.

I think 7.50 or 8 bucks. Not any more expensive than every other beer in the house.

Also saw molson on tap :cheers:

I heard it will be a full bar as well...

That Molson was gooooood!!! $8 Fiddy. Went during the 1st intermission, no line at all when we got there.