GDT NJD (19-7-1) at BUF (16-8-2) 7:00 PM ET on Versus

funetiklee

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Marty and the Devils! :cheers:

He probably had more deserving games ruined by bad breaks (ala Colin White), but this was a quality win / shut-out.Probably not his best work, but he kept himself out of trouble for the most part - and that's the sign of a truly great goalie. He was rarely out of position, and put pucks in places that wouldn't lead to 2 and 3 tries. D played great as well protecting the front of the net.

Shut outs are a team stat, maybe I'm in the minority, but it's true. Most shut outs are not 60 save nights, they are a team commitment to winning hockey - like tonight. Goalie makes a few unbelievable saves and that's the difference between a 3 or 4 to 1 win and a shut-out. Not taking anything from Marty, either. He's one of the greatest to ever play. This is a great moment for the team, I'm really proud as a fan for nights like tonight.

Btw - anyone else embarrassed by the blubbering love-affair over the Devils on Versus tonight? It was cool for a bit, but they missed a great opportunity to talk about Miller (a rising star) and his career vs Marty's at this point. Buffalo is building a franchise around him, and they barely talked about it.

Edited by Motor City Devil

That's a silly superstition that has nothing to do with the outcome.

So is who starts the game thread but that doesn't stop people around here from going nuts on that :P

Btw - anyone else embarrassed by the blubbering love-affair over the Devils on Versus tonight? It was cool for a bit, but they missed a great opportunity to talk about Miller (a rising star) and his career vs Marty's at this point. Buffalo is building a franchise around him, and they barely talked about it.

A) How many times have we been shafted before on TV/media, etc...why should I be embarassed over any praise the Devils get.

B) Miller had possibly his worst game of the season.

This is the first Devils team with this many wins in 28 games.

Now that's a good stat...Jacques is having the same impact he did in '94, I didn't think that was possible.

Edited by Hasan4978

The whole 3rd period I was waiting for Doc to mention the shutout record and it seemed like both of them were avoiding it, but then he let it all hang out with a minute to go. haha.

Congrats, Marty.

LOL I was thinking the same thing. Got to love Doc. Miss Chico tonight.

Well-played tonight by everyone, but IMO, I think it was Buffalo playing poorly more than the Devils playing as amazing as it seemed like they played.

And of course congrats to Marty for his latest achievement.

Not taking anything from Marty, either. He's one of the greatest to ever play. This is a great moment for the team, I'm really proud as a fan for nights like tonight.

FIXED

And yer right, the goalie needs the team to make the shutout, BUT the goalie is where the puck stops and it is a GOALIE stat.

It was more of an attack on Buffalo than a praise for NJ. Blah blah these boo's are well deserved blah blah. and how bout the balding guy on the touch screen calling out every sabre on the ice.

Game over...

Versus jinx over...

All-Time Shutout record over...

Congratulations to Martin Brodeur on his 103rd shutout of his career and now 1st All-Time in shutouts tied with Sawchuk! :dance:

The Devils were solid tonight all around especially on the defense! NO MIKE MOTTAU and the Devils play their best defensive game of the season. They did everything well disciplined and they way Lemaire expects them to play. They need to keep Mottau out of the line up for a while and this teams defense will be sound and solid like we saw tonight. With martin coming back soon it will even be better. Good game all around by the Devils.