Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
funetiklee

GDT NJD (19-7-1) at BUF (16-8-2) 7:00 PM ET on Versus

123 posts in this topic

Miller (a rising star)

A rising star? Yes, Miller has been playing very well, but hasn't he proved himself already?

Btw - anyone else embarrassed by the blubbering love-affair over the Devils on Versus tonight? It was cool for a bit, but they missed a great opportunity to talk about Miller (a rising star) and his career vs Marty's at this point. Buffalo is building a franchise around him, and they barely talked about it.

It was more of an attack on Buffalo than a praise for NJ. Blah blah these boo's are well deserved blah blah. and how bout the balding guy on the touch screen calling out every sabre on the ice.

Game over...

Versus jinx over...

All-Time Shutout record over...

Congratulations to Martin Brodeur on his 103rd shutout of his career and now 1st All-Time in shutouts tied with Sawchuk! :dance:

The Devils were solid tonight all around especially on the defense! NO MIKE MOTTAU and the Devils play their best defensive game of the season. They did everything well disciplined and they way Lemaire expects them to play. They need to keep Mottau out of the line up for a while and this teams defense will be sound and solid like we saw tonight. With martin coming back soon it will even be better. Good game all around by the Devils.

2-0 with Mottau being out. This is the second game this season that I've noticed every player playing above 10 minutes (Red Wings was the other game). I like that!

A rising star? Yes, Miller has been playing very well, but hasn't he proved himself already?

How has he proved himself anything other than a franchise goalie? I would suggest he has yet to prove he can win on the biggest stage. Games like tonight, later this year in the olympics, etc. Here's a good example - Cam Ward. He had to endure all of the comments about playing on the big stage, playing in front of his hero (Marty), etc, etc. He kept winning and now he has a (well had before this year) a good legacy. I would not put Miller in the same category as Ward (yet).

FIXED

And yer right, the goalie needs the team to make the shutout, BUT the goalie is where the puck stops and it is a GOALIE stat.

Of course a shut-out is a goalie stat. I wasn't implying it wasn't. The Jennings Trophy is the team award, but still it takes 23 players most nights.

They need to keep Mottau out of the line up.

This.....

So do the Devils tell Marty to not get 104 for a while so that they can keep selling tickets to people hoping to see it? :whistling:

How has he proved himself anything other than a franchise goalie? I would suggest he has yet to prove he can win on the biggest stage. Games like tonight, later this year in the olympics, etc. Here's a good example - Cam Ward. He had to endure all of the comments about playing on the big stage, playing in front of his hero (Marty), etc, etc. He kept winning and now he has a (well had before this year) a good legacy. I would not put Miller in the same category as Ward (yet).

In the big picture, yes, you're right. But it's not like he's coming out of nowhere either.

I don't know about that one. People could go to a few consecutive games knowing 552 would happen pretty quickly. It was a month between shutout 102 and 103. And it's a Wed game. You should be fine with the $10 line. 552 was also on St. Patrick's Day remember, and they had a rather popular promotion going that night for tickets.

So do the Devils tell Marty to not get 104 for a while so that they can keep selling tickets to people hoping to see it? :whistling:

I'll be at the game Wednesday and it'll be amazing if he does it... but it'll be embarrassing at the same time because I can imagine a crowd of 13k witnessing it.

Congrats to Marty on shutout 103 :cheers::dance::yay::yea:

I hope that Danis actually plays Wednesday...

I think while Marty is playing well, he gets the start Wednesday and Danis gets the start against the Panthers on the front end of a back to back weekend.

MArty! Marty!

I hope that Danis actually plays Wednesday...

Amen. This is getting ridiculous how much a 37-year-old goalie is playing during an Olympic year. There used to be a fear of playing a backup, but this team showed for more than half a season last year that they could still be a top team if not better.

I'm going to guess and say Danis gets the Friday start against Florida, Saturday the 18th in Atlanta, and then Sat Jan 2 in Minny.