GDT: Devils @ Penguins 12/21 7:30PM EST (MSG+)

DevilNurn

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

great win. forwards played excellently except for (of course) rob niedermayer, who continues to play like a guy from NHL94 - he glides around the ice uselessly until he gets the puck somehow

dunno what happened to pittsburgh, they played a terrible game. that power play is amazing.

Man, the Pitt PP is brutal looking. They all put on cement skates so they don't move from their assigned spots and they put Chris Kunitz with his back to the side boards so that he can't shoot or pass it if he is given the puck. Brutal.

Call it poetic justice, 75% of the powerplays the Pens get are dives.

So glad I made the GDT, so glad I was there, so glad I made the trip, so glad Marty got the shutout. Great day!

The Pens fans HATED me, but I was relentless with the celebration. Got heckled by drunkards all the way out while I high fived Devils fans. Crappy arena. Great game.

Great game. Its early in the season but this far i think we are the team in the east. just for the hell of it i went on a pens forum to see their take on the game and some of the comments were laughable. such as:

.the devils were ruining hockey

.the devils arent a threat because they are the same team as last year with a different coach

and

.hasek is a better goalie than broduer and it isnt even arguable.

overall it was a great night.

Great night for Marty!! 104!!! I was at the Rock when he got 552 so this was great to enjoy on TV and hats off to the classy Pens fans; the ones that were there. The ones on the forums are pussies. Also classy act and great deal of thx to the Pens by putting it on the Jumbo Tron over center ice.

The announcers for the Pens on the other hand were being asses. When it got to 4-0 they were saying that atleast It's more fun for the players to play in Pittsburgh than it is in New Jersey because Lou runs too tight of a ship!! Right I'm sure it isn't fun playing in front of a loyal die hard fanbase; establishing a great tradition while being a young organization; making the playoffs 12 straight seasons and 19 out of the last 21 seasons; winning 8 Atlantic Division titles; 4 Eastern Conference titles; 3 Stanley Cups and having earned one of the nicest and best homes in the NHL all within 27 years and having a loyal group of alumni!! No that's not fun at all!!!

The Devils have done some things in 27 years that other franchises only dream of doing in a longer time span!

I digress.......The Devils are a class organization and a model NHL franchise and Brodeur has set the bar to new heights. Congrats to him, the Devils, and us fans!!! :evil:

Edited by ChilltownDevs2673

Seriously who is missing Zubrus?

Oh yeah and CONGRATS MARTY WOOOOOOOOO! What a great day! Got an early Christmas gift of a home Zajac jersey today too! And first in the league heading into the Christmas break! And against Crybabay and the Pens! I couldn't ask for anything more.

Malkin's spinning dive was a highlight.

great win. forwards played excellently except for (of course) rob niedermayer, who continues to play like a guy from NHL94 - he glides around the ice uselessly until he gets the puck somehow

dunno what happened to pittsburgh, they played a terrible game. that power play is amazing.

He must be doing something right to keep coming up with the puck but I agree, when Zubrus returns I'd like to see Nieds busted to the bench.

Seriously who is missing Zubrus?

I miss Zubrus.

Believe it or not this team can actually get better. We are still missing our #1 defenseman and two of our best power forwards..

Hate on Zubrus, everyone does, but he's a beast along the boards and he was playing pretty well before he got hurt.

He still doesn't know how to get the puck in the net at all. Ever. And if you pay attention, a lot of good offensive possessions and plays get killed off of Zubrus's stick. More than almost any other player on the team imo.

Edited by Cowutopia