Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
msweet

Scf Game 7 Thread

384 posts in this topic

It is because there was NO WAY the Ducks would have advanced thru ANY round w/o Giguere. Plan and simple. Close call, but that is a true statement.

i was looking all over for this thread!!!

i STILL dont understnad how marty got 7 shutouts, 3 in the finals, and no conn smyth

regardless, this thread (Along with game 7 ottawa) was an awesome read...i wish i was here back then, i remember the game like it was yesterday. too bad the boards werent around in 2000 (OMG ARNOTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Well, the arguement has been made over and over again, but the general idea is that Giguere was the MOST valuable player TO his team in the playoffs, which probably weighed VERY heavily upon the judges. Marty was great, but so was Langenbrunner, Friesen, Pandolfo, Niedermayer, etc etc etc. We had easily five or six guys who could have contended for the Smythe, while the Ducks clearly had only one -- JS Giguere. Without Giguere, the Ducks don't make the Finals. Sure, they had Sykora with a wonderful run, but he wasn't the key cog, Giggy was. And I was perfectly fine with him getting MVP, although it would have been nice to see Marty or another Devil get it, I understood why none did.

Ahh what can ya do, the Devils just had too many good players. Besides, we got the better trophy. ;)

were there any devils forums around in 2000 that would have a game thread for game 6 of the 00 finals?

There was Hockeyboards and even a version of this board somewhere I think. Hockeyboards archives are most likely history. Dunno about this boards though, maybe DM keeps them somewhere in a safe. :D

EDIT: Am I not safe ANYWHERE? :rant:

Edited by sammyk

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0