Devils Goal of the Decade

OfficialDL

I went with Marshall's -- I was most aware and in the moment for that one. It was such a defining goal too -- in my dotage I just really like those moments best. It was such a HOLY MOLELY they're winning it all aren't they? It was better than a Cup winner because there was so much emotional space - nothing to panic or freak about.

Arnott's was great and all -- there just wasn't the joy to it - it was too nerve racking - the Philly thing set the tone - just this icky blind panic so it was just freaking WORK to watch - constantly thinking they weren't good enough even though you knew they were. I just remember everyone saying they'd pull it out, not to worry - and just feeling grumpy about it all... it wasn't fun until it was done and -- I just felt like I missed out on the joy of fandom...and I wasn't even a Stevens fan even. I don't enjoy feeling all tense especially about nonsense I'm not even involved in.

These are such tough ones for me, but call me crazy I think the Elias one vs Philly in the Conference semiFinals was the most memorable for me. Down in the series, I felt so dejected. It was such a magical feeling when Elias scored. Still gives me a rush.

Edited by Scoopscj

I went with Marshall's -- I was most aware and in the moment for that one. It was such a defining goal too -- in my dotage I just really like those moments best. It was such a HOLY MOLELY they're winning it all aren't they? It was better than a Cup winner because there was so much emotional space - nothing to panic or freak about.

Arnott's was great and all -- there just wasn't the joy to it - it was too nerve racking - the Philly thing set the tone - just this icky blind panic so it was just freaking WORK to watch - constantly thinking they weren't good enough even though you knew they were. I just remember everyone saying they'd pull it out, not to worry - and just feeling grumpy about it all... it wasn't fun until it was done and -- I just felt like I missed out on the joy of fandom...and I wasn't even a Stevens fan even. I don't enjoy feeling all tense especially about nonsense I'm not even involved in.

Are you kidding me? "Arnott's was great and all -- there just wasn't the joy to it - it was too nerve racking" Not to be harsh, but this has to be one of the dumbest things I have ever read. No joy to WINNING THE STANLEY CUP IN DOUBLE OVERTIME?!?!?!? At that point what nerves are there to be racked? I can see the tension throughout the overtimes, but once that Arnott shot hit the back of the net past Belfour it was PURE JOY! All tension relieved. The Devils were the 2000 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS! I am just at a loss to understand that post...

Are you kidding me? "Arnott's was great and all -- there just wasn't the joy to it - it was too nerve racking" Not to be harsh, but this has to be one of the dumbest things I have ever read. No joy to WINNING THE STANLEY CUP IN DOUBLE OVERTIME?!?!?!? At that point what nerves are there to be racked? I can see the tension throughout the overtimes, but once that Arnott shot hit the back of the net past Belfour it was PURE JOY! All tension relieved. The Devils were the 2000 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS! I am just at a loss to understand that post...

Well... while I'm not proud of it, I obviously have much more emotional intensity when it comes to watching hockey than you do. I admire you're lighthearted take on the game though.

No need to ignore you. I will just never understand how a Stanley Cup Winning Goal in 2OT could be viewed as "there just wasn't the joy to it".

Either can I. I remember just jumping up and down. That was the greatest goal! I was also pretty drunk by the time that goal was scored. Double OT means doube drinking time.

<_< OK -- I'll elaborate for you all....

I get a little intense watching.

I really felt stressed out during the whole 2000 playoffs - I just felt like they'd screw things up. When the goal was scored I felt relief - maybe because I was at the work picnic - I just wanted it to be done, won finished. When the goal was scored I was actually in disbelief. I was mentally pumping up for a game 7 and just - bang - game over - job done. No one in my office was interested in the game particularly - I spent much of the evening bickering with a rogue Leaf fan... - and I certainly felt joyous about them winning the Cup.

If you can't empathize, really I don't give a fuck hoot :evil: I wouldn't expect you to.