Formal Ticket Policy Re: 1/8 vs. Lightning

bdubdevs

It does not matter what they SAY. You are allowed to purchase tickets by secondary means and many people do. It is LEGAL and a very common practice. I have only heard them try to discourage people from buying tickets outside of the arena which is understandable. I have never heard them say "Do not buy tickets from Stubhub or an auction." etc. It is very simple to prevent something like "anyone could have been there and picked up a bunch of tix stubs on the ground / garbage and are now saying they deserve the free tix." You only allow 1 request (not 1 ticket but 1 request for X amount of tickets) per person through the mail. If someone tries to get 15 tickets and they are singles from all over the building it is pretty obvious that those were not there tickets. As I said, there are ways to compensate everyone fairly but the Devils were either to stupid to think of it, or did not want to be bothered with a little extra work.

Why should they be bothered?

Someone going to a secondary vendor to save $$$, is clearly not someone who is looking to become a STH or even a partial plan holder?

The organization is interested in chasing the big dollar, those with a lot of disposable income.

You weren't engaged in a transaction with the Devils, you were engaged in a transaction with Stubhub - via the seller.

They reaped zero ticket-based income beyond what was already given to them by the original STH or seat holder.

IT doesn't behoove them to try to put the man-hours and $$$ into appeasing every common joe buying "one -offs" on Stubhub. They're not going to to turn that person into a STH next season (odds are against it)

I'll agree it maybe short-sided in the longrun, but in this economy you go an fish where's there are big fish.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone going to a secondary vendor to save $$$, is clearly not someone who is looking to become a STH or even a partial plan holder?

The organization is interested in chasing the big dollar, those with a lot of disposable income.

You weren't engaged in a transaction with the Devils, you were engaged in a transaction with Stubhub - via the seller.

They reaped zero ticket-based income beyond what was already given to them by the original STH or seat holder.

IT doesn't behoove them to try to put the man-hours and $$$ into appeasing every common joe buying "one -offs" on Stubhub. They're not going to to turn that person into a STH next season (odds are against it)

I'll agree it maybe short-sided in the longrun, but in this economy you go an fish where's there are big fish.

You really have an elitist view and attitude about everything. Everything is not about money and whether someone is going to become a season ticket holder or not. Your views about this are very twisted. In your eyes if you are not a season ticket holder or thinking about becoming one, you mean NOTHING to the team. Guess what pal? They have more "customers" who are NON season ticket holders than customers that are. There are tons of people who go to a few games per year, and some that may go to 10-12 a year. The team should not just slap these people in the face. They should want to compensate ALL of those people who were in attendance because it is the right thing to do. The fact that the Devils did not "reap" any extra money in the transaction should have nothing to do with it. "IT doesn't behoove them to try to put the man-hours and $$$ into appeasing every common joe buying "one -offs" on Stubhub. They're not going to to turn that person into a STH next season (odds are against it)" You couldn't sound like more of a d-bag if you tried.

Edited by ThreeCups

You really have an elitist view and attitude about everything. Everything is not about money and whether someone is going to become a season ticket holder or not. Your views about this are very twisted. In your eyes if you are not a season ticket holder or thinking about becoming one, you mean NOTHING to the team. Guess what pal? They have more "customers" who are NON season ticket holders than customers that are. There are tons of people who go to a few games per year, and some that may go to 10-12 a year. The team should not just slap these people in the face. They should want to compensate ALL of those people who were in attendance because it is the right thing to do. The fact that the Devils did not "reap" any extra money in the transaction should have nothing to do with it. "IT doesn't behoove them to try to put the man-hours and $$$ into appeasing every common joe buying "one -offs" on Stubhub. They're not going to to turn that person into a STH next season (odds are against it)" You couldn't sound like more of a d-bag if you tried.

First, I'm just trying to explain what I believe to be THEIR APPROACH to everything revolving sales, marketing, and the consumer.... I'm not saying I agree with it.

Second, you are quickly going to find that this board is not like HF or any other board.

You need to take a good read at the "guidelines" for etiquette for posting here.

Since you've been here you've done nothing but try to FORCE your opinions down other people's throat (which has been observed by others as well). While, I respect your right to have a different opinion on issues, you have no right to be disrespectful to others in supporting your points.

You defend yourself by attacking people. Calling them unintelligent, ignorant, duechebag, and whatever else..... then following it up by a quick "nothing personal". Not gonna cut it.

Got news for you buddy, spellcheck is not a measurement of intelligence. You think people are ganging up on you? Take a look at the tone of your posts and see why people are offended.

I'm not the board "police", that's the mods job, but I would hate to see this place sink to the level of other boards.

Now, I'm not going to lose a wink of sleep with whatever formulated rant, attack, or retort you throw back to this post.

I see your side of it, but disagree ....enough said.

My point is this. Yet again..... Respect. You say you respect differing opinions and posts, but the name-calling doesn't reflect that.

Respect - This board needs more of it, and its conduct like this that is dragging site traffic here down.

Edited by DevilinLA

You are correct, they have more partial plans buyers, half season buyers and bunch of mini plan buyers than STH. Them along with all the ticketmaster buyers, tix exchange buyers and group sales buyers will all be getting free tix to another game. That easily covers over 90% of the people that attended the game. those who bought by secondary means ( which is legal since you keep pointing that out) are the ones that lose out. There was absolutely NO way for them to make sure every exact person that attended the game got free tix and did it in a way to take care as many as they could. Those who bought secondary ways will have to use secondary ways to get those free tix. Stop bitching on here and use your secondary ways to get your free tix.

You are a typing headache!

2nd the DEVILS advertise at EVERY single game and on EVERY single TV broadcast to buy and sell devils tix the SAFE way on tickmaster tix-exchange. At this point the Devils have warned everyone to buy tix through them or ticketmaster to assure all tix are valid and fall under devils ticket policy.

They advertise TicketExchange because they make money off it. Just like the Mets do with StubHub by the way. I've dealt with StubHub as a buyer and seller multiple times and never had one issue with them. Not to mention me selling my tickets to a friend gets treated the same way as someone buying tickets off StubHub in this instance.

To play devils' advocate for a minute, what if this game was against Pittsburgh or the Rangers and people on the secondary markets paid top dollar instead of saving money?

Edited by NJDevs26

They advertise TicketExchange because they make money off it. Just like the Mets do with StubHub by the way. I've dealt with StubHub as a buyer and seller a ton and never had one issue with them. Not to mention me selling my tickets to a friend gets treated the same way as someone buying tickets off StubHub in this instance.

To play devils' advocate for a minute, what if this game was against Pittsburgh or the Rangers and people on the secondary markets paid top dollar instead of saving money?

And of course your missing my point. They say tickmaster and tix exchange are the safe way to buy and sell devils tix. I guess that applies here and since their tix policy doesn't support stubhub and other secondary ways, if you bought on stubhub then they are your contact with this matter.

Any idiot knows they make money on all ticketmaster means of getting tix and in return you are entitled to any benefits that come with buying them through there including free tix to make up for this incident.

You are correct, they have more partial plans buyers, half season buyers and bunch of mini plan buyers than STH. Them along with all the ticketmaster buyers, tix exchange buyers and group sales buyers will all be getting free tix to another game. That easily covers over 90% of the people that attended the game. those who bought by secondary means ( which is legal since you keep pointing that out) are the ones that lose out. There was absolutely NO way for them to make sure every exact person that attended the game got free tix and did it in a way to take care as many as they could. Those who bought secondary ways will have to use secondary ways to get those free tix. Stop bitching on here and use your secondary ways to get your free tix.

You are a typing headache!

I agree with your math more or less, it's prob about 10% of buyers who got tix off stubhub or some other secondary source. That's still between 1-2k people though. I don't agree that this was the best way, this was 'a' way to handle the situation that does cover a lot of people. A more comprehensive way would be to just honor the ticket stubs, this would cover 99%. Under that plan only those who bought from secondary sources and threw out their stubs would be left out (as STH and people who bought off the exchange could prove they bought tickets). And the technology to do this is there, they let people in sunday if you had fridays stub so we know they have a way to check to see if a stub is good from a previous game.

And keep in mind, in their first paragraph they explicitly state the intent is to offer this to people who had tickets to that game; the policy they created just fails to do that for a sizable minority.

Edited by squishyx

I agree with your math more or less, it's prob about 10% of buyers who got tix off stubhub or some other secondary source. That's still between 1-2k people though. I don't agree that this was the best way, this was 'a' way to handle the situation that does cover a lot of people. A more comprehensive way would be to just honor the ticket stubs, this would cover 99%. Under that plan only those who bought from secondary sources and threw out their stubs would be left out (as STH and people who bought off the exchange could prove they bought tickets). And the technology to do this is there, they let people in sunday if you had fridays stub so we know they have a way to check to see if a stub is good.

This has been my stance from the very beginning yet people still want to argue and tell me that I am not worthy because I should have bought them directly from the Devils more or less...

As I said earlier, I got my tickets as a gift from someone who bought them off Stubhub. I e-mailed Stubhub and was very impressed with how they handled it. It is actually a better deal then if I got the free game from the Devils here is the e-mail I got.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for contacting StubHub.

We understand that the game was stopped in the second period and the remainder of the game was completed on a later date. The venue is offering a free ticket to a future game to all original ticket holders. Since you purchased your tickets at StubHub, we are not able to provide that free ticket to a future event, because we are not the original ticket holder. However, we do want to make our fans happy, so we are offering a $100.00 coupon for you to use on any future purchase on the StubHub website, for each ticket you return back to us. Please use the information below to ship your tickets back to StubHub. Please include your name and email address or a copy of your confirmation email with your tickets.

So basically, no matter what the value of your ticket was, you are getting $100 per ticket. Not a bad deal in my book. Stubhub handled this very well. I also agree that the Devils did too. They did the best they could in an unusual situation. It is not possible to please %100 of the people %100 of the time.

As I said earlier, I got my tickets as a gift from someone who bought them off Stubhub. I e-mailed Stubhub and was very impressed with how they handled it. It is actually a better deal then if I got the free game from the Devils here is the e-mail I got.

Dear Sir/Madam,

We understand that the game was stopped in the second period and the remainder of the game was completed on a later date. The venue is offering a free ticket to a future game to all original ticket holders. Since you purchased your tickets at StubHub, we are not able to provide that free ticket to a future event, because we are not the original ticket holder. However, we do want to make our fans happy, so we are offering a $100.00 coupon for you to use on any future purchase on the StubHub website, for each ticket you return back to us. Please use the information below to ship your tickets back to StubHub. Please include your name and email address or a copy of your confirmation email with your tickets.

So basically, no matter what the value of your ticket was, you are getting $100 per ticket. Not a bad deal in my book. Stubhub handled this very well. I also agree that the Devils did too. They did the best they could in an unusual situation. It is not possible to please %100 of the people %100 of the time.

Extremely generous of StubHub. They didn't have to do this.

Everyone should be happy now.

This has been my stance from the very beginning yet people still want to argue and tell me that I am not worthy because I should have bought them directly from the Devils more or less...

I agree with your plight and totally think you are entitled to the free ticket but you aren't helping your case when you insult members and feed the trolls.

Dear Sir/Madam,

That's really great of stubhub to step up to the plate like that. Shouldn't have been necessary but a nice gesture on their part.

I agree with your plight and totally think you are entitled to the free ticket but you aren't helping your case when you insult members and feed the trolls.

That's really great of stubhub to step up to the plate like that. Shouldn't have been necessary but a nice gesture on their part.

I am not trying to help my case here. It started with me typing a sensible solution, and then others cutting me down with stupid remarks and their condescending tones. If people take this approach I do not particularly care if they are insulted.

You are worthy for a free tix, but you are missing all of our points. You need to get with who/where ever you bought your tix to get your free tix. If you got tix from tickmaster or any means of the devils then contact them. If stubhub, then do what that other guy did and get your $100 credit. If from a friend, then call him. If a board member on here, then contact him. Calling the devils when you didn't get tix from the devils is just dumb.

It's not that you should have bought them from the devils, it's you took chances by not buying from the devils and now you have to live with that. Is it sinking in yet?????

You are worthy for a free tix, but you are missing all of our points. You need to get with who/where ever you bought your tix to get your free tix. If you got tix from tickmaster or any means of the devils then contact them. If stubhub, then do what that other guy did and get your $100 credit. If from a friend, then call him. If a board member on here, then contact him. Calling the devils when you didn't get tix from the devils is just dumb.

It's not that you should have bought them from the devils, it's you took chances by not buying from the devils and now you have to live with that. Is it sinking in yet?????

In my case, it would be impossible to get back to the original STH. Obviously if it were possible, I would not be mad. "took chances by not buying from the devils and now you have to live with that." What chances did I take? The chance that the lights may go out half way through the game and I will not be able to get the free tickets given out as compensation?

Wow that's above and beyond the call. I guess they figured they had to do something that would encompass club seat purchasers and upper level ones alike. I suppose you can use the $100 credit for multiple purchases? Rarely if ever do you spend that much in one shot.

Extremely generous of StubHub. They didn't have to do this.

Everyone should be happy now.

+1

Edited by NJDevs26

Wow that's above and beyond the call. I take it you can use the $100 credit for multiple purchases? Rarely if ever do you spend that much in one shot.

It is a $100 credit so I would imagine you can use it for multiple purchases. I think I am going to splurge though and throw down an extra hundred bucks and treat my girlfriend and I to some club seats. I don't think I'll ever have an opportunity to purchase 2 club seats for $100 bucks cash.

Not a bad seat upgrade from section 230 to potentially club seats. Very satisfied with Stubhub and how they handled it. They are being far beyond generous.

In my case, it would be impossible to get back to the original STH. Obviously if it were possible, I would not be mad. "took chances by not buying from the devils and now you have to live with that." What chances did I take? The chance that the lights may go out half way through the game and I will not be able to get the free tickets given out as compensation?

Yes, you took that chance as well as if you didn't know the STH and if they were shaddy they could reprint tix and go themselves while your hard tix would be turned down at the door since the hard tix barcode would no longer be valid once they print new tix. You take chances every time you buy tix by secondary means! I'm not saying you shouldn't as you can get very good deals that way, i'm just saying you are indeed taking more chances then you even realize.

Ever hear the expression " let the buyer beware "? It still applies!

I am not trying to help my case here. It started with me typing a sensible solution, and then others cutting me down with stupid remarks and their condescending tones. If people take this approach I do not particularly care if they are insulted.

I really don't think thats the point.

You've done this consistently in threads where someone disagrees with you.

No one here has a personal beef with you, especially me. At heart, you seem like a passionate Devils fan.

You, yourself stated in a prior thread that things can be taken differently in the print of a post.

No one is cutting you down, you've been taking shots at the Devils organization in numerous threads now.

In some cases you have some solid points, others I disagree with, but thats OK.

Some folks are not going to take kindly to the shots taken at the organization, they're going to defend them. Thats OK too.

The name-calling and insults are entirely uncalled for and in direct conflict with DM's guidelines for the board.

So I guess 3cups didn't get his tix from stub hub either. You'd think you could get in touch with the person you bought them off if you found the tix on craigslist or something and 3cups didn't buy the tix from ticketexchange, box office, ticketmaster, etc. So what's left? Are you one of the 20 people that buy tickets from the sleazebags standing outside the box office? Anyway don't ST's have the sth account number on it? Maybe you can scheme your way into getting the contact info off the devils for the sth.

I think the main reason why the STH gets the free ticket and not the second buyer holding the actual ticket is for this reason. The STH decided to give his buddy the ticket. And says hey go bring this and say you were at the game so you can get free tickets. And then I'll also get free tickets by saying i was at the game but didn't keep my stub.

I think the main reason why the STH gets the free ticket and not the second buyer holding the actual ticket is for this reason. The STH decided to give his buddy the ticket. And says hey go bring this and say you were at the game so you can get free tickets. And then I'll also get free tickets by saying i was at the game but didn't keep my stub.

This is easily prevented by scanning the tickets as they are exchanged. It would allow them to only give 1 ticket per ticket from the TB game.

So I guess 3cups didn't get his tix from stub hub either. You'd think you could get in touch with the person you bought them off if you found the tix on craigslist or something and 3cups didn't buy the tix from ticketexchange, box office, ticketmaster, etc. So what's left? Are you one of the 20 people that buy tickets from the sleazebags standing outside the box office? Anyway don't ST's have the sth account number on it? Maybe you can scheme your way into getting the contact info off the devils for the sth.

Bought from craigslist. The guy I got it from was not the original STH and he said there is nothing he could do. And hey! I am one of the "sleazebags standing outside the box office." I provide a valuable service! I am j/k. :lol: I did not think about the people who bought tickets from those guys. But I think they should be entitled to the free game as well.