Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MadDog2020

Update on Burnsie

22 posts in this topic

This is really sad news indeed. Just the fact that he has been able to fight so long despite rejecting treatment tells you everything you need to know about his character. Best wishes to Burns and his family.

Wow...all the best wishes for Burns. He did a lot for this team and this organization and I'm not surprised he turned away treatment after all he's been through.

This is terrible news. Burns and his family will most certainly be in my prayers.

Truly sad. That disease is terrible beyond words but Burns is a fighter. I wish him and his family the best.

the man truly lived a great life, all my love & respect to you Pat!

So sad. :( Don't really know what to say. It's just terrible when a guy beats cancer TWICE and it strikes again and again. Lots of respect for Burnsie!

Burnsie is still my favorite coach of the Devils. Even though I did not follow his career prior to his run with NJ, I have read about him and how he was such an amazing guy, a class act, and beloved on and off the ice.

He will be missed.

Cancer sucks.

its a nasty disease. shame. this sucks. Thoughts and prayers go out to coach Burns and his family. :(

He's made a decision, while very sad, only he know what he has been through. My best wishes to his family and of course to Pat.

I don't even know what to say...I knew it would eventually come to this but it's just so sad.

Edited by devils26

Wishing Coach Burns peace and happiness in his final days -- however long that might be. He will always be remembered as a respected member of the New Jersey Devils family.

Wishing Coach Burns peace and happiness in his final days -- however long that might be. He will always be remembered as a respected member of the New Jersey Devils family.

Well put. Thoughts go out to him and his family.