Rumor- Kovalchuk to Devils

adavid

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically the anchor (i'm forgetting her name)opened it saying that JL keeps scorers from scoring, then Melrose basically gushes over Lou and the Devils for a minute saying he thinks they have a decent chance to sign him, and then at the end he says "by the way, Lemaire has coached talent before, he had Gaborik in Minny," she replies "but he didn't score a lot of goal there," to which Melrose replies "yeah, he only had a few 40+ goal seasons." Whoops :lol:

lol yeah gaborik only averaged 45 goals per 82 games in minnesota post-lockout. lemaire really held him back. best part was melrose calling her out.

Relating the two together, it's crazy having a guy who shoots 15% for his career, both of these guys do that.

I feel like this is the first positive thing Melrose has ever said about the Devils.

Great video. Still in disbelief.

Melrose started liking the Devils this year. Watch some videos earlier in the season, he said they were the best team in the East and actually couldn't do anything to improve.

I vote this thread moves to the Hall Of Fame section in a few days. :)

Seconded. It must be preserved for posterity. It's basically the entire arc from the time the rumor broke with Potvin making that offhand comment he never expounded on, to when the deal went down and the entire range of emotions in between, in print. Imagine we had these threads for Gilmour or Mogs?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.