Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
adavid

Rumor- Kovalchuk to Devils

1,088 posts in this topic

Phil Esposito and Matt Laughlin just offered their two cents on XM's POWER PLAY:

PHIL:

"There is no way, zero chance of Kovy going to NJ. It would be extremely out of character for Louie Lams and go against his belief of giving up a boatload for a rental. He won't sign there because it would violate the unwritten law that no makes more than either Elias or Brodeur unless they EARN it in a Devils uniform."

MATT:

"Agreed. I can't see that as a possibility"

While technically true, Rolston, makes virtually the same as Marty. Also, the going assumption if you make this deal is that Kovalchuk takes you to at least the conference finals, at which point he would earn to be the highest paid player on the team. Again though, the big issue will become that Parise will have to get close to the same contract since their offensive numbers are very similar, and Zach is the captain in waiting.

Really it comes down to what the asking price is now.

Thank god for Twitter.

i never thought i'd agree with this, but, yeah.

haha i was being facetious but the rangers seemingly get every star player once, why not kovalchuk

i don't think njdevs can take another DAY of this, let alone a month. for the sake of these poor posters, something needs to happen either way.

i fear the server will implode if we DO get kovalchuk.

i also fear the server will implode if we don't get kovalchuk. basically, dm, i apologize for what is about to happen to your board.

DM is loving it.. Traffic doubled the day this thread was started

Hopefully it does end tonight...It's just a gut feeling that has no true basis but I just get this feeling Lou is going for a splash here, and I feel stronger about that hearing that he should be traded tonight. My gut's probably wrong, wouldn't be the first time but still this is pretty fun.

well if this is true, at least this mess will be over soon. i'm going to predict kovalchuk to the rangers for redden, drury, voros, rissmiller, and valiquette

You forgot Rosival.

time keeps on slippin...slippin...slippin into the future....... :whistling:

TSNBobMcKenzie

I concur with Kevin Allen. Kovalchuk is being traded tonight.

Will they hold a press conference?

Edited by Par99

sweet. we'll get an answer tonight. i can't wait to see what happens to this place.

lol, that's old news already.

I've been away from reading NHL news for a while haha.. I had secretly been hoping there would an end to this when I came back on here just so I could stop hoping

I just want an answer! i haven't posted this much in years! :evil:

sweet. we'll get an answer tonight. i can't wait to see what happens to this place.

This is like the Souray saga on steroids.

Edited by nmigliore

It'd almost be worth watching the letdown to see him end up being swapped to TB for for Vinny or something equally weird. :lol:

TSNBobMcKenzie

It is not Boston. It is not the Rangers.

Tension is building....

TSNBobMcKenzie It is not Boston. It is not the Rangers.

DM is loving it.. Traffic doubled the day this thread was started

One thing about this place that you have to credit Rowdy and the admins for, I can't remember ever a major crash on the site, at least not when something's going down.

Granted, there've been times where the site's gone offline, but it seems to have pretty random timing based on other things besides traffic.

From Andy Strickland's twitter: "Will Kovalchuk land is NJ where ATL Exec Rick Dudley apparently recently met with Devils GM Lou Lamiorello?"

i just keep thinking of our 4 forward lines if we do get him..

something like..

Kovalchuck - Zajac - Langenbrunner

Parise - Elias - Clarkson

Zharkov - Zubrus - Rolston

Pandolfo/Peters - McAmmond/Pelly - Niedermayer/PL3

Would be -INSANE-

This is like the Souray saga on steroids.

steroids, crack, and a little lsd too for good measure. this is insane.

I read a blog saying Zajac, Greene, and someone else for Kovy.. I was like "Just spent $300 on Zajac autographs. This can't happen :doh1: "

Edited by Colin226

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0