Devils put McKenna on waivers

Devils731

I wonder if this has anything to do with G Jeff Lerg being activated (but then placed on the 21-day IR) for Trenton, giving the T-Devils too many goalies with Caruso, Coleman, and Lerg.

Probably a trade in the works. IMO Coleman's the odd goalie out, the T-Devils went with Caruso this weekend and had EBUG Tony Felice backing him up.

Well, the good news is I don't have to pony up for Lowell playoff tickets, since Lowell is now guaranteed not to make the post-season. Probably just as well, since the team's likely to be moving to Springfield or Albany or Hartford, anyway.

It's been fun, mostly, but now it's over, just playing out the string.

lowell is virtually guaranteed to make the post-season, and mckenna being put on waivers does not mean that he is leaving the organization. i could see the devils calling up mckenna, and sending danis down, but i don't think mckenna is signed to a two-way deal and i think he has to pass through waivers to sign an NHL contract.

According to TG, the Devils just signed McKenna to an NHL deal, so he has to go through waivers to be assigned to Lowell again.

Now the Devils have Brodeur, Danis, Frazee, and McKenna all eligible to play in the NHL.

Hey, if this is all it is, great. If we lose him... Same sh!t, different season. :soap:

BTW, check Mac's Tweets! The boys rode the bus down the coast in the storm today, they're stopping in Newark and maybe they'll get to the game tonight. Mac doesn't seem to be worried about his waiver status.

Hey, if this is all it is, great. If we lose him... Same sh!t, different season. :soap:

BTW, check Mac's Tweets! The boys rode the bus down the coast in the storm today, they're stopping in Newark and maybe they'll get to the game tonight. Mac doesn't seem to be worried about his waiver status.

i find it extremely unlikely that anyone will pick up mckenna. mckenna will get called up, danis will get sent down, so lowell will have danis for at least 2 weeks and probably until waivers are over with. good deal for mckenna, he gets to do nothing for 2 weeks and get paid probably a quarter of his season salary to do so. with the season mckenna is having, the devils have to be considering him as a possible backup candidate for next year.

lowell is virtually guaranteed to make the post-season, and mckenna being put on waivers does not mean that he is leaving the organization. i could see the devils calling up mckenna, and sending danis down, but i don't think mckenna is signed to a two-way deal and i think he has to pass through waivers to sign an NHL contract.

maybe danis is not being sent down but traded

Probably a trade in the works. IMO Coleman's the odd goalie out, the T-Devils went with Caruso this weekend and had EBUG Tony Felice backing him up.

Well, the good news is I don't have to pony up for Lowell playoff tickets, since Lowell is now guaranteed not to make the post-season. Probably just as well, since the team's likely to be moving to Springfield or Albany or Hartford, anyway.

It's been fun, mostly, but now it's over, just playing out the string.

You're right, Frazee's 2.38 GAA and .927 saves percentage just won't cut it. :blink: Get a grip buddy.