Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Devil Fan

GDT: Devils @ Hurricanes 7:00 PM EST

222 posts in this topic

How the fvck do you get 3 power plays in the period and still wind up trailing after 20 minutes?

God damn is this team frustrating to watch sometimes. They are AWFUL with the extra man. Its pathetic.

Other teams make a monkey out of our PP it's like was said. They just rush the guy with the puck and he loses it simple. Keep everything to the perimeter and deny any good chances. So frustrating. Watching the canes play it reminded me of what it was like to watch a high flying high effort team.

That started off real well and once again the Power Play getting worse and worse = everything starting to suck.

McAmmond's out, yeah I thought something was off.

Salmela needs to be out next. He wasn't real good last game and he's -10 on that giveaway. Murph played well last night, wonder why he didn't get in again.

Salmela is awful. Yeah, it was a nice goal... but he's so confused. I want Murphy.

Everyone please note, this was said BEFORE his clusterfvck that gave carolina a goal.

Yeah there's just no creativity on the power play and the puck movement is slow and telegraphed. It's really sad. More cross-ice passes to guys in open position will help but on entry we always wind up with 3-4 guys overloading one side, so there's no way to take advantage of the extra space. Guys need to think faster. Martin should help.

I'd really like to go see what we were doing when we were 4th in the league on the PP instead of last at 8.9. The first half of this season was like a dream with the high PP and all the scoring and winning.

Edited by Cowutopia

Other teams make a monkey out of our PP it's like was said. They just rush the guy with the puck and he loses it simple. Keep everything to the perimeter and deny any good chances. So frustrating. Watching the canes play it reminded me of what it was like to watch a high flying high effort team.

In the beginning of the season the devils would fight for the puck behind the net and around the boards during the PP. The result is that we would often have a man open around the net or somewhere on point. We used to also actually have a man in front of the net, so when someone shot the puck, the goalie was screened or there was an opportunity for a deflection. The new strategy is to pass it around the parameter and execute a Capitals finesse type goal. The only problem is that the PKs swarm any devil with the puck and the rest is history.

Oh yeah and Marty gives another rookie his first NHL goal.

Complete lack of any physical presence on the ice....

I've often said we need some more physical play from this group, but it hasn't been just this year.

Its been going on for the last 3 or 4 years. The fact is, teams are no longer intimadated by the

Devils. Teams are now just taking it to the Devils, with no response. Clarkson can't do it by him-

self, and we're missing him, but more players need to step and reintroduce NHL teams to the Devils

version of Fear Factor!!!! :horse::fight::ECW::kill::burn:

Oh yeah and Marty gives another rookie his first NHL goal.

Marty is the last person to blame on that goal, complete defensive breakdown is first....

Salmela and Marty must have had a chat earlier in the game and Marty asked Sal to hook him up. Marty is so generous!

I don't blame Marty on that goal, it just seems like this happens a disproportionate number of times.

anyone have a stream?i dont have internet explorer

Save yourself the heartache, watch the Olympics instead. Haha

anyone have a stream?i dont have internet explorer

sop://broker.sopcast.com:3912/85844

Stream is good, game is not.

Out hustled, out worked, out hit, out played. Thank god for the olympics.

Oh dear, that was a dive and a half.

fvck YOU NIEDERMAYER YOU SUCK

I want to say that the Canes did us a favor by holding on to the puck that long after the second call... but it won't matter. Score will be 2-0 shortly.

Lemaire must be thinking, . . ."Look, we're finding another way to lose"!!!!