Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ao814

Devils Throwbacks on NHLSHOP

155 posts in this topic

Everyone knew that was going to be the most expensive place to buy it. If you did not want to wait, it was worth the extra money I guess...

Nice, I just checked nhl shop earlier today to see if they were for sale yet. Thanks for the heads-up.

damn, nice...sucks if you jumped on the ones from prucenter

I got one from Pru. I'd waited too long for one, it was in my hands and there was no way I was not buying it.

Yup, Dan and lastone's reasons are both why I bought it at the Rock. Since they're outsourcing the customization to look like the ones they had in-house, it'll look good when I get it next week.

Edited by RSC

Plus shop.nhl.com SUCKS for personalized jerseys.

would the lettering be different from the ones in the Devils Den?

would the lettering be different from the ones in the Devils Den?

I'm not sure if the lettering would be different, but NHL.com uses heat pressing, and for me the nameplate was cut wrong (I ordered a Langenbrunner jersey, the nameplate is falling off and is off-center). Also, the captain's C is too small.

In all, I wasn't happy with the quality and I wouldn't pay full price on NHL Shop's website again for a customized jersey. It's not awful if you pay half of what I paid, but for $150 whatever bucks, I'd have liked it to be a little less hastily thrown together.

is it the dummy they're using, or does it look like that's not the same sweater. BEWARE if that's a cross between an air-knit and a "premier" jersey

I'm not sure if the lettering would be different, but NHL.com uses heat pressing, and for me the nameplate was cut wrong (I ordered a Langenbrunner jersey, the nameplate is falling off and is off-center). Also, the captain's C is too small.

In all, I wasn't happy with the quality and I wouldn't pay full price on NHL Shop's website again for a customized jersey. It's not awful if you pay half of what I paid, but for $150 whatever bucks, I'd have liked it to be a little less hastily thrown together.

yea i hear ya. i think ill just get one customized already from devils den, ill just pay the 225 and have it look good

is it the dummy they're using, or does it look like that's not the same sweater. BEWARE if that's a cross between an air-knit and a "premier" jersey

It says 100% air-knit. I'm sure it's the same, I doubt they would bother producing two different types of these for retail.

Also nhl.com won't print any player names but players on the current roster, so you can't get any vintage players. Best bet would be to buy a blank and send it to Exclusive Pro.

Also nhl.com won't print any player names but players on the current roster, so you can't get any vintage players. Best bet would be to buy a blank and send it to Exclusive Pro.

Yea that's exactly what I'm doing.

Yea that's exactly what I'm doing.

i think im going to do that too. i want a Marty 29. do you know how long it takes to get it back?

It says 100% air-knit. I'm sure it's the same, I doubt they would bother producing two different types of these for retail.

yeah, I'm guessing it's the way they pin it to the dummy that gives it a tapered look. but they are going to be making throwback RBK edges, for the team...

yeah, I'm guessing it's the way they pin it to the dummy that gives it a tapered look. but they are going to be making throwback RBK edges, for the team...

how much does exclusive pro charge with shipping and will they use the right font and colors?

Just called the websites 800 number. Turns out the jerseys will be embroidered and not ironed on, according to the guy I spoke to about these particular jerseys. The other replica jerseys still are ironed on, but I was told these would be embroidered/sewn on. He also said that the release date that they have for these are March 15. He also said it was possible the date would be moved up but he didnt have that info if they would bump up the date or not. He also said it didnt look likely that you would get it in time for the game on the 17th unless overnight shipping was used and even that is a long shot. I also found a 10% off coupon which is HrC52 (coupon code is CASE sensitive) I hear there are like 15 and 20% coupons out there so if you know of any that are not expired please share. Hope this helps out someone :)

Just called the websites 800 number. Turns out the jerseys will be embroidered and not ironed on, according to the guy I spoke to about these particular jerseys. The other replica jerseys still are ironed on, but I was told these would be embroidered/sewn on. He also said that the release date that they have for these are March 15. He also said it was possible the date would be moved up but he didnt have that info if they would bump up the date or not. He also said it didnt look likely that you would get it in time for the game on the 17th unless overnight shipping was used and even that is a long shot. I also found a 10% off coupon which is HrC52 (coupon code is CASE sensitive) I hear there are like 15 and 20% coupons out there so if you know of any that are not expired please share. Hope this helps out someone :)

by any chance did he mention the color of the numbers and name to be green and white and not black and white?

Very, very nice. This is the kind of thing I've been looking for. I guess this is what they'll wear on St. Patty's Day. Sweet.

i think im going to do that too. i want a Marty 29. do you know how long it takes to get it back?

Right now their turnover is about 4 weeks. Personally, I don't care how long it takes if I know I'm getting it done right.

Yea that's true, but those won't be mass-produced.

how much does exclusive pro charge with shipping and will they use the right font and colors?

It's usually like $55, not sure what shipping ends up being since I normally send a big box with like 7+ jerseys at a time. They will use the font used by the players since they are the ones that will be making the on-ice jerseys. Whether or not it is the correct font for a throwback player I doubt since the ones at the Devils Den had the current font, but I think if you send them pictures showing exactly what you want and explain that it is different from the current font, they should accommodate that.

I think I'll stop by the NHL Store and pick one up. I'll get it blank. What's the point of customizing a jersey all the current players will wear only once?

I think I'll stop by the NHL Store and pick one up. I'll get it blank. What's the point of customizing a jersey all the current players will wear only once?

Everyone has their opinion, I think blank jerseys just feel incomplete.