khabibulin popped for a DUI

Weekes Head

Edmonton Oilers' Goalie Popped for DUI

Posted Feb 17th 2010 2:00PM by TMZ Staff

Edmonton Oilers goalie Nikolai Khabibulin was popped for DUI earlier this month in Scottsdale, Arizona -- after cops allegedly clocked him going way, way over the speed limit in a badass black Ferrari.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/02/17/edmonton-oilers-goalie-nikolai-khabibulin-dui-arrested/

----

went from a cup favorite to a cellar dweller. i'd be drinking too.

Not to gloss over the immorality of all of this - but would this possibly give the Oilers the chance to terminate Khabibulan's contract and get out from under his salary?

Nah. Let 'em rot. Any GM who would commit that many years and dollars to a 36 year-old goalie probably was quite wasted anyway.

My favorite part of this is what Scottie Upshall posted on twitter:

"Anyone hear of Oilers goalie yet charged w/ a dui?? Poor guy. But Nikolai, when you're out drinkin, b smart & take a cabby"boulin"!!! Lol"

hahahaha

haha Yeah, just be sure to refrain from punching him in the face.

:glare: i'm bitter about your website, josh.

ETA: and when i say bitter, i mean that i was too busy/couldn't be bothered to update 2ma and YOU STOLE MY TEAM BECAUSE OF IT HGE(P*WGJWGE :lol:

ETA? Estimated Time of Arrival?

Also I'm sorry! But you know there's no way a fake hockey news site can exist without Steve. He's king of fake hockey journalism.

When and if you return to 2MA, I'm still in if you don't hate me too much :P

dear lord, please let your user name not be a reference to jersey shore.

Hahaha, it's more like the world is obsessed with Snookie, I AM obsessed with Parise, therefore Snookie has become a common easy to understand symbol for Parise. I live out in Suffolk County Long Island so it's the only ways I have of marketing the Devils, with everyday common dumb ass lingo.

PS it's not creative because i'd still be thinking of it right now and not posting :unsure: