Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
devs_girl

Hello

16 posts in this topic

Hi, everybody. I've been lurking around for a few weeks now, and I just love the atmosphere. It seems like a great place to hang out.

Anyway, I'm a huge Devils fan. I didn't follow hockey until the beginning of the playoffs this year, but now I'm hooked. :D The only problem is everyone I know hates hockey. When the Devils won the cup nobody understood why I was so happy. It totally bummed me out. But the posts that I read here made me feel a lot better.

I'm so proud to be a Devils fan. :evil: GO DEVILS

Welcome. Screw those hockey-haters. They don't know what they're missing. Go Devils.

Hi devs_girl. Welcome! This is a nice place to hang out. :)

This is the perfect time for the SBT to embark on a well-deserved sabbatical.

2000 posts.

Assistant Coach status.

Welcome to a new member.

Farewell to an Ageless Member.

Adieu!

WELCOME!!!!!!! :hi:

:D

Welcome! Yesterday I was getting off-hand congratulations from a Ranger fan. He was telling me scoring is down the Devils are ruining hockey etc. I countered it's not the scoring that's exciting about hockey it's the scoring chance. All his comments didn't bother me as much as the uniformed young woman, who was listening, blurted out: "You guys are interested in scoring and passing? I thought people went to hockey games to watch them beat each other up!" ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHH!!! Sigh. <_

welcome, make yourself at home.

I may have misunderstood the post but I might as well just say since it read like you're not only new to the board but to hockey as well I'll add:

• Stay interested in the off season.
  • Don't worry about posting anything stupid when the season does start up
  • Don't worry about asking questions about the game - we all love to expound some are just better at it than others.
  • Just because someone writes like they're informed it doesn't mean they really know any more than you do --
  • Trust your gut feeling about what YOU like in hockey and don't be afraid to argue about it!
    You'll pick up the correct terminology as you watch more :) and again anyone here who mocks you for not knowing the hockey jargon or exact rules is a dork and we'll all defend you if someone attacks!!

Hockey is really the best. Even if you stray from Devildom don't lose track of hockey! :evil:

Welcome and one other thing, don't worry about being a chick on this board cause there are so many great girls on this board that know alot about the team and hockey.

Thanks for the welcomes everyone. And you read my post right, PK. I am very new to hockey. I can't believe it took me so long to discover it. It's the greatest. :D

welcome to the home of the fans of the 2003 Stanley Cup Champions!

Hey, welcome aboard :)

:D The only problem is everyone I know hates hockey. When the Devils won the cup nobody understood why I was so happy. It totally bummed me out. But the posts that I read here made me feel a lot better.

:hi: Welcome devs_girl.

I have exactly the same problem as you :lol: Most people I know here in England don't even know what the NHL is. I also watched the sport news on the TV the day after we'd won and there wasn't one single mention of it, which really anoyed me. It was all: football this (sorry i mean soccer) David Beckham that blah blah blah, so I quickly came to this forum and just like you it made me feel really happy again seeing all those celebration and victory posts.

I really don't know what i'd do without this place, the people here are great to talk to and i'm sure you will add to that number :)