thefiestygoat

2010 Defending Champion New York Yankees Thread

413 posts in this topic

Congratulations to the Yankees, on their 9th trip to the ALCS.. since 1996.

We lost to the better team. Simple as that. But I'm still proud over the season in general. :clap2:

Congratulations to the Yankees, on their 9th trip to the ALCS.. since 1996.

We lost to the better team. Simple as that. But I'm still proud over the season in general. :clap2:

I was thinking the exact opposite. As a Yankee fan you should know the rallying cry.

"Unless we win the world series the season was a failure". That was per the sentiment of the late George Steinbrenner. Thats not a fitting rallying cry for a team like the Marlins, or Rangers, or Indians, but it IS a warranted rallying cry for a team with a 200 mil+ payroll. You win it all or the season was a failure.

I am happy to see the Yankees received three gold gloves this year with teixeira, cano and jeter. I am kind of surprised Jeter won it

Does anyone care about how poorly the Yankees are handling this Jeter negotiation?

Does anyone care about how poorly the Yankees are handling this Jeter negotiation?

Are they handling it poorly? I think they have the leverage and are using it. It's been a public squabble, but the bottom line is that Jeter wants too much. Cashman was right to tell him to find a better deal than what's on the table.

Honestly, Jeter will be a Yankee next year. I think we all know that that is how this will end. Thus, I'm not really giving it much attention.

Honestly, Jeter will be a Yankee next year. I think we all know that that is how this will end. Thus, I'm not really giving it much attention.

It would be the surprise of the year if he wasn't.

Are they handling it poorly? I think they have the leverage and are using it. It's been a public squabble, but the bottom line is that Jeter wants too much. Cashman was right to tell him to find a better deal than what's on the table.

And that's why they're handling it poorly. It's not because of what they offered, it was a fair offer and the Jeter camp has got A-Rod envy trying to ask for what they've supposedly asked for. The problem is the Yankees have just acted too defensive throughout this whole process...I realize they're trying to win a PR war but they're only making it worse in that respect with everyone from Hank to Cashman to Levine pounding him in the media. What are they really going to gain by smearing him publicly?

Edited by NJDevs4978

And that's why they're handling it poorly. It's not because of what they offered, it was a fair offer and the Jeter camp has got A-Rod envy trying to ask for what they've supposedly asked for. The problem is the Yankees have just acted too defensive throughout this whole process...I realize they're trying to win a PR war but they're only making it worse in that respect with everyone from Hank to Cashman to Levine pounding him in the media. What are they really going to gain by smearing him publicly?

Maybe they really don't want him.

I don't really expect the Yankees to go after Greinke unless they miss out on Lee. Even so I don't know if they would be willing to give up what the Royals would want.

I don't know, I like Grienke and all, but I'm not sure if I'd part with him at that tag. I'd take him over AJ Burnett, but I doubt the Royals want him back for 3 years at his tag, and I doubt the Yankees would trade Burnett. I mean, the ideal scenario is that Lee signs for 6 years, and you trade AJ and prospects for Grienke, and your rotation is Lee/Sabathia/Grienke/Hughes and either Pettite or Nova. That's a damn good rotation, but I doubt it'll happen.