thefiestygoat

2010 Defending Champion New York Yankees Thread

413 posts in this topic

CC looked great striking out Ten A's tonight. Tex made somenice plays snagging those pop fouls. You can run for ten miles and not run out of foul room in Oakland, lol.

Mike

CC looked great striking out Ten A's tonight. Tex made somenice plays snagging those pop fouls. You can run for ten miles and not run out of foul room in Oakland, lol.

Mike

well that's why they've never had a batting champ since they got into that stadium. I guess it has something to do with the football field because I don't know why you'd ever build it like that. Chicks dig the foul balls, I guess

Post #666 :P

Edited by DH26

VOTE SWISHER VOTE SWISHER VOTE SWISHER....no player in the league would appreciate winning this vote as much as swish would (WILL)..get to mlb.com to vote and vote often

I had to unfollow Swish from Twitter because how annoying that sh!t was getting.

I already voted about 20 times. Hope he gets in.

Mike

Looks like you guys are getting Lee. Bleh.

Wanna flip us Vazquez?

Is Lee really enough of an upgrade for half a season to give up Montero when you could get him in December for nothing? Am I crazy, but everyone's pitching well lately. Though Lee may make the team unbeatable.

The Mariners certainly did well here; getting Jesus Montero alone is a major accomplishment for them.

Now it would be pretty funny if the Yankees managed to steal Jayson Werth for Javier Vazquez. Ruben Amaro has quietly been 1 of the worst GM's in baseball since taking over in Philly, so I wouldn't put it past him.....

Edited by nmigliore

The window on Posada, Jeter, Rivera and Pettitte is closing fast. Gambling on signing Lee in the off season is just that, a gamble. I don't like giving up Montero but he is really is a man without a position. It's not Cervelli that makes him expendable it is Austin Romine.

Sabathia, Lee, Pettitte, Hughes, Burnett.

Yeah that'll work.

And it just gets worse for Cleveland as Sabathiia and Lee reunite in NYC....if this actually goes down.

I wasnt really too high on giving up Montero either, but he's not going to be the defensive catcher that Romaine already is and he cant really play anyother position. He may actually wind up as a DH. Plus the Yankees have two other top catching prospects in the lower minors. That rotation is going to be downright nasty.

Not sure how Werth fits into all this though. Where does he play?

Mike

The Mariners certainly did well here; getting Jesus Montero alone is a major accomplishment for them.

Now it would be pretty funny if the Yankees managed to steal Jayson Werth for Javier Vazquez. Ruben Amaro has quietly been 1 of the worst GM's in baseball since taking over in Philly, so I wouldn't put it past him.....

wait a minute. Trading Cliff Lee and 3 of your 4 best prospects for a slight upgrade is bad? Huh?

Montero really is a man without a position in NY, with Romine an obviously better catcher. He could play 1st if we didn't have this guy named Mark Teixiera already. Trading our future DH for a first-class ticket to fall-ball isn't something that's going to find many complaints out of me.

I understand that this will make the Yankees rotation absolutely insane, but I don't like the trade. It's no that I think highly of Montero, I simply don't think that this trade fills a need. They should have been focusing on solidifying the bullpen with a good set-up man and another lefty, or adding another bat to be the DH to replace the injure Johnson. The Yanks just don't need a starting pitcher. They would have been better using their prospects to fill other needs, IMO.

I understand that this will make the Yankees rotation absolutely insane, but I don't like the trade. It's no that I think highly of Montero, I simply don't think that this trade fills a need. They should have been focusing on solidifying the bullpen with a good set-up man and another lefty, or adding another bat to be the DH to replace the injure Johnson. The Yanks just don't need a starting pitcher. They would have been better using their prospects to fill other needs, IMO.

This trade allows them to trade a pitcher (Vasquez most likely) to fill other needs. I've heard Werth for Vasquez being tossed around.

This trade gives us 6 very solid starters. You have to figure Vazquez is on his way somewhere for a serviceable lefty in the pen. As far as a setup man goes, I could totally see Hughes going back to the pen and using a CC-Lee-Burnett-Pettite rotation with Joba being the if necessary 7th inning, Hughes being the 8th inning, and Mo the 9th for the playoffs.

And the fact is, we can afford to let Montero go. But what other "need" do we have that warrants a Cliff-Lee like return out of Montero? Yeah, we could use a bat, but we're not going to try to grab a Holliday because there simply isn't room for that type of hitter. With Lee, we can push Vazquez out of the rotation and into the NL, and now we're turning Montero into Lee and a lefty.

Third player going to Seattle is likely pitcher Zack McCalliser as per MLBTR.com via Ken Rosenthal.

Third player going to Seattle is likely pitcher Zack McCalliser as per MLBTR.com via Ken Rosenthal.

not exactly a big loss there. He's been bad in AAA. Good thing is wasn't Betances or Brackman (never thought I'd say that)

Joelsherman1

#Mariners backing off #Yankees offer, Post has learned. Does not look like #Yankees are in it.

Joelsherman1

#Mariners have turned in a different direction and #Yankees do not believe they are in it now (more to come)

God, I hope we score 24 on the M's tonight, 20 tomorrow, 15 the next day, and leave with a middle finger up.

So far We've just scored one.

Mike

The Yankees are getting really good at making no-name pitchers look like superstars.

And I'm getting really fvcking sick of it.

The Yankees are good enough to win the WS without Lee...you don't give up your best prospect (and others) and can just sign him in the offseason anyway

Yankee fans have no reason to be upset