GDT Olympic Quarterfinals

eaglejelly

Exactly. I wish McGuire would shut up already. Unless that line finds a goal, they're more culpable bc Wilson's overusing them. He hasn't played guys like Ryan or Kessel, who's actually awake, enough. Change the lines. Get some grit out there. All it's going to take is one Swiss goal. Team USA also needs to simplify their game. Stop going one-on-one. Straight line hockey. Dump pucks in. Go to the net. Get a greasy goal. Play the grinders more.

I can't watch 'cause I'm still at work, but from descriptions like this it sounds like the U.S. looks a lot today like Canada did on Sunday. Too fancy, not enough work, no finish.

Is that accurate?

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ron Wilson needs to get his head out of his ASS. Parise and Lags need to START the PP, not get on for the last 30 seconds of it...they have consistently been the best line all game long! Wakeup RON! :argh:

The Parise line has been drawing all the penalties so they're gassed when the PP starts.

I can't watch 'cause I'm still at work, but from descriptions like this it sounds like the U.S. looks a lot today like Canada did on Sunday. Too fancy, not enough work, no finish.

Is that accurate?

Not really

the Swiss are a one man team right now

just happens to be the goalie :P

Yeah Daneyko. Pretty much. The shots are a wide margin but the USA is not getting dirty enough. I knew that didn't count cause of buzzer. ThreeCups, they couldn't start power play bc they were just out for a long shift.

Maybe Kevin Weekes should coach:

KevinWeekes

If I'm a team USA coaching staff member.I'd tell the guys to put down the paintbrushes,cause we won't need a Picasso,it'll be an ugly goal

Better come out with fire.

Is that accurate?

Most of the game is either the Swiss clearing the puck from their own zone, or standing up the US at the blue line when they try to enter the zone. Very frustrating to watch. See if you can stream the game an NBCOlympics.com

Aww man, off the post...I thought that was in for sure. Definitely gonna get looked at next whistle.

fvck, US just scored, so now the swiss goal will take that away. Wait, no goal. Penalty on Kesler? Holy sh!t what a wacky sequence.

Edit: Wow, the Swiss goal didn't go in.

Edited by RSC