GDT Olympic Quarterfinals

eaglejelly

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

US is guaranteed to be playing for a medal now. AWESOME.

I guess I should probably buy myself a Langs or Parise player tee before there's a run on 'em at Dicks. If there hasn't already been one.

I went to the Modell's and Sports Authority on Rt. 22 in Union/Springfield (can never remember which of em they're in) and they don't even STOCK em. I can't go to the Woodbridge Dick's until tomorrow, so I'm praying there isn't a major run.

Total BS call on Kesler, we shoulda had the 2-0 lead! Parise is a monster and showed the world today....USA! USA!

I went to the Modell's and Sports Authority on Rt. 22 in Union/Springfield (can never remember which of em they're in) and they don't even STOCK em. I can't go to the Woodbridge Dick's until tomorrow, so I'm praying there isn't a major run.

Go buy em quick fellas, all the "hockey fans" are gonna be comin outta the woodwork to buy em!

Edited by ThreeCups

I go in there just about every day lately, and there's only one USA player tee left in my size, a Langenbrunner. And I keep wanting to buy it, then talking myself out of it. If it's still there tomorrow I think I'm gonna get it.

Total BS call on Kesler, we shoulda had the 2-0 lead!

It really wasn't a BS call, in retorspect. Kesler knocked the guys helmet off. In the Olympics that means the Swiss guy would have to lead the ice. If it isn't a penalty for knocking opponents helmets off then players would do it constantly to get quick odd-man situations.

Thank God. It got a little edgy those final moments. Great redirect by Parise. Not even sure how he got the stick on it. Hiller probably should've had it. Just lost his balance. They gave the Swiss opportunities but the grinders did an outstanding job blocking shots. Burke really deserves a lot of credit. He made some gutsy picks and so far, so good. Dru, Cally, Backes, Kesler, Gleason and E. Johnson all with stellar defensive work. As great as Parise was (smart play for the coup de grat), also felt Ryan was awesome with 2 sick moves that nearly resulted in goals. That guy is going to be special. Kane and Kessel also played better. Brown also was very physical and Langs had another standout performance. Not many names you can leave out. Raf and Suter have been a great top pair. Miller showed great focus.

They'll need to finish more against Cze/Fin. Onto the medal round. USA USA USA!!!!!!!!

Full marks to the Swiss. Hiller outstanding and a few of those forwards (Wick, Sprunger, Lemm) were dangerous. Streit played excellent. They got a nice program.

What a 3rd period by Team USA to get the win. That Parise-Stastny-Langenbrunner line is the best line Team USA has and it showed today. Suter, Kesler, E. Johnson and Rafalsi with a good game today as well for Team USA. Onto the Final Four! way to go Parise with the two goals. Sooner or later he was going to break out with his hard play game in and game out.

Team USA next game vs. either Finland or the Czech Republic on Friday, 2/26 @ 3PM.

GO USA!!!