GDT Olympic Quarterfinals

eaglejelly

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

See how much better Luongo is on those low deflected shots since he plays butterfly? Go fvck yourself Babcock. I don't have an issue with the goalie change, he had no choice, but there was no reason to piss all over Marty's style of play in the process.

This game is a joke.

Edited by SickMan

See how much better Luongo is on those low deflected shots since he plays butterfly? Go fvck yourself Babcock.

3-0 record, with a 1.65 GAA. vs 1-1 record, with a 3.00 GAA. The Canadians are one victory away from playing in the Gold Medal game... Babcock aint lamenting benching Marty, trust me.

3-0 record, with a 1.65 GAA. vs 1-1 record, with a 3.00 GAA. The Canadians are one victory away from playing in the Gold Medal game... Babcock aint lamenting benching Marty, trust me.

Trust me? Did you read the post? I didn't say he should regret the change. I even agreed with it. I'm talking about when he mentioned that a butterfly style goalie may have been better suited in the game against USA or something of that nature. What was the need to say something like that?

Nice job with the stats though. Luongo played against some real stiff competition those first couple of games. I can only imagine how difficult a time Canada would have had finding another goalie who could prevent less then 8 goals going into the net each game.

Edited by SickMan

...the stats are based on the game ending without Russia scoring another goal.

I meant that those stats are very deceptive. They include two games by Luongo against absolutely joke teams (Norway and Germany) while Brodeur had to face two much more talented teams (USA and Swiss, who gave the USA plenty of fits today).

Trust me? Did you read the post? I didn't say he should regret the change. I even agreed with it. I'm talking about when he mentioned that a butterfly style goalie may have been better suited in the game against USA or something of that nature. What was the need to say something like that?

Nice job with the stats though. Luongo played against some real stiff competition those first couple of games. I can only imagine how difficult a time Canada would have had finding another goalie who could prevent less then 8 goals going into the net.

...if we're going to discredit statistics based on futility.. do we subtract Brodeur's 23 shutouts where he faced 11 shots or less? ;)

...if we're going to discredit statistics based on futility.. do we subtract Brodeur's 23 shutouts where he faced 11 shots or less? ;)

That's silly, all goalies over hundreds of games get some easier ones.

Here, it is very easy to compare the different talent level of the teams faced because the games are so few.

Luongo played against a terrible Norway team and Germany. Gimme a break! You could have put a 12 year old girl who never played hockey before in the net for either of those games and Canada would have won. Marty went against the Swiss (he bailed Canada out BIG TIME with 4/4 saves in the shootout) and USA. You cannot compare the competition that Lu played to the competition Marty went up against...(until tonight) It is also OBVIOUS that Marty would have won the game tonight as well...

Oh boy.. What the hell does that have to do with anything? Just forget it. I'd like to find out where you got that 23 number from though. I've watched every single one of those shutouts and do not remember that many games where he faced less then 11 shots, but its been a long time and a lot of shutouts. That is almost a quarter of the entire total.

Edited by SickMan

stop fighting about luongo and marty and bab-y. We are all devil fans, so we will support marty in whatever way.

He is getting rest, and thats what i like. Unless the whole benching thing is really heavy on his mind, then physical rest does nothing. Someone said it yesterday, i hope jaq is looking at marty in a different way after the olympics.

That's silly, all goalies over hundreds of games get some easier ones.

SOME easier one's? 23 shutouts are more than most goalies earn over an entire career. :lol:

Gimme a break! You could have put a 12 year old girl who never played hockey before in the net for either of those games and Canada would have won.

...my oh my how fans play both sides of the coin. Isn't this sentence the exact same creed Ranger fans would scream regarding Brodeur's success from 97-06. (substitute; "Canada" with "Devils")

SOME easier one's? 23 shutouts are more than most goalies earn over an entire career. :lol:

...my oh my how fans play both sides of the coin. Isn't this sentence the exact same creed Ranger fans would scream regarding Brodeur's success from 97-06. (substitute; "Canada" with "Devils")

Who cares what Rangers fans try to say?!?!? That is totally irrelevant. The FACT is Canada scored 8 goals in Luongo's first game, 8 in his second game, and at least 7 in this third. He can let up 7 goals and Canada would win! Canada scored 2 for Marty in his first game (AGAIN I WILL REITERATE THAT HE SAVED THEM IN THE SHOOTOUT), and 3 against USA. So Canada averaged 2.5 goals for/game with Marty in net, and 7.33 goals for/game when Lu was in. Pretty close huh?

that has to be one of the stupidest things i've read on this forum and thats taking teacups posts into consideration.

Easy bud

that has to be one of the stupidest things i've read on this forum and thats taking teacups posts into consideration.

...how many of your 31 posts have been actually noteworthy? (ie; where you're not putting someone down)

I also notice you target ThreeCups alot to boot. Me thinks this is someone else using a different handle, and I'm pretty sure I know who.

:blink: Do you even read the stuff you write before you post?

...............yes......I do......... because I'm the one typing it as I write it......................... then I post it.

Do you actually look at the computer after you turn it on?

Edited by Beezer34