Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NJDevs4978

Nhl Draft Weekend Thread

403 posts in this topic

Roger Nileson was a good hockey man....he will be missed.

I know where I live in Ottawa this city will take it really badly. They wanted to win the Cup for him so badly. When the Sens were down 3-1 to the Devils, Roger spoke to the players which was a huge boost for them since he was very sick. He told them you don't get many second chances in life and I was lucky to get one. This is awful.

He was a great guy.

I remember when he was coaching the Flyers and during a game at the CAA they put a message on the center ice scoreboard about how he is going into the cancer treatment and the Devs and Flyers fans gave him a Standing O. It was really nice to see.

God bless him and his family.

8 more picks until the Devils are on the clock.

Blackhawks take Seabrook.

Good pick for them, a could be a great all around guy, good leader, and can play both ends of the ice. With a cannon for a shot at 18.

The blues had signed Stevens to a contract before July first of the year. Which means that his contract with the Devils had not expired and he was not allowed to talk to anyone other then the Devils without permission. This contract was not valid because it was early, and the Devils matched keeping Steven's services. The league found out this and the swap of picks, taking a first round pick (2001), and 1.5 million dollars was the penalty.

Thanks Sarge. I'm surprised Scott signed prematurely though.

7 more now!! :evil:

I'm getting excited. Then we will only have to wait 20 more after our pick to hear another one of ours.

Yeah but at this pace i dont even think the end of the first would will be televised.

Who knows. Im suprised there have not been more trades though.

I will only post the picks for the first round guys... :evil: except the devils and I gotta try and beat sarge to the punch... ;)

Why would have Stevens wanted to go to the Blues anyway?

Unless he did that just so the Devs would find out about it and get some picks and money for the tampering, knowing full well the Devs will be matching the Blues offer. :burn:

yeah, I thought for sure there be a trade or 2. Next round may be more active with the trading. This 1st round field may be too deep.

Why would have Stevens wanted to go to the Blues anyway?

Unless he did that just so the Devs would find out about it and get some picks and money for the tampering, knowing full well the Devs will be matching the Blues offer. :burn:

Conspiracy theory. I like it. ;):lol:

I will only post the picks for the first round guys... :evil: except the devils and I gotta try and beat sarge to the punch... ;)

You know i have been trying to beat you this entire time as well ;)

uh oh, a posting war. I'll stay neutral. :D

TRADE

Boston's pick to Sharks

For the #21, #66, #107

Wow i was way behind on that one.

that's alot of picks to move up 5 spots