Miller for Brodeur Straight Up - Do It?

jsonnabend

Wellllllll

The devils have a giant mural of Broduer in their arena and have built a substantial legacy around him, so trading him would be stupid and destructive. In the long run after he retires it would be better to have him on good terms with the team obviously for PR purposes.

HOWEVER.

I think for the next 5 years I would unquestionably rather have Miller. Purely as a hockey trade, I'd do it, but the costs to the Devils legacy and mystique is too great to ignore.

As stated though, The Sabres would never do this. Trading Broduer will never make sense since he's worth more to the Devils than any other team.

Ok, so Buffalo's management contacts Lou and says, "we don't like the way Miller's beard is growing in. We'd like to trade straight-up for Brodeur." Do you do it?

- Jeff

If the Devils and Marty win another cup, please do not celebrate with us........ lol

Miller's only issues have been a bad team and injuries, this year is a break out season I've been waiting for for a couple of years. He's gonna sustain it. That said, Marty's the greatest of all time, and he's still damn good. A couple bad games when he was over tired don't change that. Yeah, Miller's gonna play for longer, but Marty's earned the right to play here forever. Period.