MadDog2020

2010 NFL thread

657 posts in this topic

Pish-posh!

Derrick Mason has been one of the best receivers in Football the past decade, he would be a HOF candidate if we didn't have Kyle Boller, Derrick Anderson, Anthony Wright, and a ancient Steve McNair at QB. Unfortunately he is also the only WR that Flacco throws to and teams know it.

Mason's a possession receiver, mister get the ball on 3rd and 5... then again... really so is Bouldin when he's not getting his brains beat in.... hence the still pop-gun offense crack :lol:

It's a step... a GOOD step, but they ain't done WR shopping yet if you ask me (esp if Mason does retire)

Go get Antonio Bryant perhaps

Mason's a possession receiver, mister get the ball on 3rd and 5... then again... really so is Bouldin when he's not getting his brains beat in.... hence the still pop-gun offense crack :lol:

It's a step... a GOOD step, but they ain't done WR shopping yet if you ask me (esp if Mason does retire)

Go get Antonio Bryant perhaps

Mason is clearly much more than a possession receiver (averaged 14 yards per catch with 4+ catches of greater than 40+ yards).

I agree, we need more speed to stretch the field and catch those beautiful deep Flacco throws.

Tebow to work out with the Bills...

The thought of this is making me cringe...

91 year old owner...ex QB Jim Kelly campaigning for Tebow...bad thoughts man...bad thoughts.

Edited by LOTCB

91 year old owner...ex QB Jim Kelly campaigning for Tebow...bad thoughts man...bad thoughts.

Just another Buffaloon failure in the making.

Just another Buffaloon failure in the making.

I admittedly have a man crush on Tebow but even he'll fail in Buffalo. It's Oakland-East

I admittedly have a man crush on Tebow but even he'll fail in Buffalo. It's Oakland-East

He'll fail in any offense in the NFL. The kid can't even take snaps under center, and his throwing arm is worse than most practice squad quarterbacks. As are his fundamentals.

Admittedly, I don't know much about Tebow, but he seems like a dork.

Pish-posh!

Derrick Mason has been one of the best receivers in Football the past decade, he would be a HOF candidate if we didn't have Kyle Boller, Derrick Anderson, Anthony Wright, and a ancient Steve McNair at QB. Unfortunately he is also the only WR that Flacco throws to and teams know it.

Mason is a fantastic WR, but I was talking in terms of big plays and explosiveness- Mason is not really a big play guy, but a reliable and solid possession guy.

:giggle:

He'll fail in any offense in the NFL. The kid can't even take snaps under center, and his throwing arm is worse than most practice squad quarterbacks. As are his fundamentals.

Tebow is Pat White 2.0, but with more meat on his bones.

eh worst case scenario he becomes a tight end so there's not a tremendous amount of risk. He's built to play more than one position, it's just a matter of how he looks in his pro day but it's not good so far for QB

Panthers are cutting players left and right. Latest casualty is one of the best fullbacks in the game...Brad Hoover. Pretty much all the cuts have been over-30 players leaving Steve Smith as the player left on the team (excluding punters and kickers) that is not in his 20s.

Edited by devilsrule33

Wouldn't mind seeing the 'Boys take a stab at Hoover...Cricket Anderson got himself cut with those weapon's and resisting arrest charges...it's only a matter of time....we can draft another full back in the 6th...

God, am I excited about the upcoming season. All of that bad-mouthing the Cowboys got last year is finally in the past. We're on the verge of a special year in our near future. I mean, think about what we accomplished last year...

We were going to top off at 7 wins.

We had an overhyped, interceptions-heavy gunslinger.

We had no "top" reciever, and our defense simply wasn't as dangerous.

We were boys in a division of men. 4th out of 4 was the safe pick, but we'd finish 5th out of 4 if it were possible.

But, alas, that's why they play the game. 11 wins, good enough for the division title.

We played the dreaded Eagles in a "big-time" game on the last week of the season, and we spanked them for the division.

We faced them in a rematch, getting ready for our "asses to be stung". And we spanked them. We didn't just beat the eagles once this year. We didn't beat them twice. We beat them 3 times. Three. 44-6 is officially in the past.

Going into next year, the question won't be "Can Romo win a playoff game", it will be "Can Romo win THE big game?". And guess what, we'll get a chance to find out soon enough.

Miles is a top-10 reciever in the game of football, and that's being safe.

We have a 3-headed rushing attack that will scare any defense.

Our defense will be top-5 next year, with a few missing pieces fixed.

And, most importantly, Tony Romo has taken control of this team. This is Tony's team, in Tony's town, doing it the way Tony wants to.

Is it August yet?

I am more excited about the draft, everything will change before July so I am not even thinking that far in advance.

Ravens receivers are downright scary if Stallworth stays healthy. Now all they have to do is get a pass-catching tight end that will stay on the field.

Ravens receivers are downright scary if Stallworth stays healthy. Now all they have to do is get a pass-catching tight end that will stay on the field.

Heap is a very good TE but we need a better back-up as he will get hurt.

Stallworth is probably #4 on our depth chart.

Where is Crasher??? He is usually raining on my parades.

I was being driven home by Stallworth.....obviously a hospital visit ensued :P

He's shown no reason to believe that he will stay healthy and/or productive... it's a BIG upgrade, yes.... they still need a game breaker though

PS, you've only had ONE parade to rain on :evil:

Edited by CRASHER

I was being driven home by Stallworth.....obviously a hospital visit ensued :P

He's shown no reason to believe that he will stay healthy and/or productive... it's a BIG upgrade, yes.... they still need a game breaker though

Ray Rice is a game breaker, our entire D is made up of game breakers. We need that one deep threat at WR and we are set.

(I was referring to your wr corps...or lack there of :P)

Though Westbrook if he could stand upright would be a fascinating addition

small updates:

Tomlinson leaves Jets no contract signed (I still have an odd feeling he might be a Patrtiot)

Delhomme to the Browns :saddevil:

Larry Johsnon a three year deal to the Redskins :rofl:

Kerry Rhodes traded to the Cardinals

Darren Sharper to visit Jets too

You forgot Thomas Jones signs with KC. I think the Chiefs will be a playoff team this year.

Jake Delhomme has the best agent in sports. He found Jake a starting job, and his client is making $20 million this year. Insane!