swamptrash

Favorite Baseball Teams

30 posts in this topic

Yankees. I also follow the Phillies a little.

How many of you guys like the Yankees ann how many of you like the Mets??? Just curious and bored today :D

I am a Yankee fan....I also hate the Angels and Red Sox. :evil:

Everyone I know is a Red Sox fan. I just walk behind them chanting 1918. I refer to the new Zakim bridge as the Buckner Bridge, cuz you have to pass through his "legs". I routinely remind them of the curse of the Babe, and then pretend to polish all my World Series Yankees rings.

Needless to say, I'm not very popular at work..........................

the god awful New York Mets

from what I hear, NY was always an NL town. Yankees fans are just bandwagon fans, but Met fans is where the passion and loyalty is. When I first started watching sports, you couldn't find a Yankee fan with a microscope! as Chriss Russo would say :D

how many people admitted to being Yankee fans when there manager was a guy named "Stump" and the best hitter was Matt Nokes. 4,000 at the stadium every day :D remember the Yankees before they had a 300 trillion dollar payroll were a terrible team!

Hey, I was a Yankee fan then ^7^, and proud of it. Mel Hall, Wade Taylor, Andy Stankiewicz.. etc.

No longer.

When Steinbrenner made the team a fantasy baseball outfit, I decided to stop caring mostly. Only reason to care is to get on Red Sox and Mets fans.

perhaps, over time the yankees will come back to the pack a little with the deal that was reached last summer. I'm not too familier with it, but doesn't steinbrenner have to pay some huge luxury tax now. Maybe it will discourage hm from spending too much.

I remember Stump. He actually still works for the Yankees. He's the coach of the Trenton Thunder

we used to get WPIX in boston back in the 80's/early 90's which is when i used to watch the Yanks, but I became a yankee fan when I was 5, living in NYC and saw them on TV

I follow the Minnesota Twins. It's good to see them to do well after some lousy years of baseball in the 90s. Twins have received lot of bang for the least buck.

GO SHORE BLUE DEVILS WOO!!!

I've got spirit

Yes I do

I've got spirit

how bout you?

:clap::unsure:^_^:D:clap:

The powerhouse New York Yankees. :D

First professional sports game I ever went to was a Yanks game at the Stadium, I was too young to remember it but not a bad place to start off my career of attending sporting events. lol. Can that even be considered a career? I'm thinking not. And now I'm answering my own questions so it's time to stop.

For the few years that I was actually into baseball, I was a Yankee fan, and a huge Tino Martinez fan, but when he signed with the Cardinals, I stopped watching.

I try to watch the games every once and a while, but it's just too damn boring for me...blaaaaaah.....weird how something I used to be so into a few years back is now something I could care less about!

Yankees all the way! Loved some of those nostalgic names Tri mentioned. Don't forget Jeff Johnson and Scott Kaminieki! Mel Hall was my favorite Yankee in '91. I've been to some good regular season games including Strawberry's 3 HR game against the White Sox and got to see a free no-hitter from Dwight Gooden because they gave us a free game for attending Snow Opening Day in '96.

But my favorite game was Memorial Day in '91 vs Boston. The Yankees cameback to beat them in the 9th on a 3-run HR by Mel Hall. Awesome stuff! Even remember a Red Sox fan getting tossed, probably because they knew their team would blow it :lol: .

Other classic Yanks: Well for me, it started in '85. That's when I really started following them.

I can name most of the lineup and order of it.

CF-Rickey Henderson

2B-Willie Randolph

1B-Don Mattingly

RF-Dave Winfield

DH-Don Baylor/Mike Easler (Easler might have come later)

LF-Ken Griffey, Sr.

3B-Mike Pagliarulo (But he also might have been '86 or '87)

SS-Bobby Meacham

C-Butch Wynegar/Joel Skinner

And some others: Claudell Washington, Ron Guidry, Phil Niekro, Dave Righetti, Tim Leary

I usually can name more but I am blank now. Maybe I will remember more later.

Mets :ph34r: I used to go to a lot of games, too.

I never watch baseball anymore though--it's too boring and I am enamored with hockey instead. love-smiley-035.gif

I'm a Met fan. I like the Yankees enough because they're NY. I HATE the red socks! I like the Tigers - I hate the Braves this decade too.

Everyone knows my Bob Ojeda problem right? I think after all these years I'd be able to get his autograph calmly now... :evil:

Hmmm...maybe not...I still get goose bumps looking at his back even!

hojobobby.jpg

Not much of a fan anymore but around 96 I was addicted to the Rangers. How sad... i know. I didn't miss a single game all season. I can still almost name all the players on that team. One reason I got big on baseball was cause this guy i liked I thought like it (hey I was in 4th grade!) well I find out now that you know what? He only liked baseball cause I did. After 1996 I joined the family's eat, live, breathe hockey.

The evil ones, lol. None other than the Yankees. Not a fair-weather fan but they just happened to get good as I was getting into sports, lol. (What a coincidence) But I actually follow the team and try to get out to about 5 games a year.