Rolston will play with Kovy and Zajac tonight

PattyElias26

Fer fvck's sake, Frenchy. GET ROLSTON OUT OF THE TOP SIX.

This line is going to be terrific. Two wings who can't/don't/won't work the boards. At least Rolston's brilliant passing can feed our superstar sniper.

This line is going to be terrific. Two wings who can't/don't/won't work the boards. At least Rolston's brilliant passing can feed our superstar sniper.

Kovalchuk's been winning pucks along the boards since he's gotten here. He's been doing it more on the forecheck than in a cycling sense, but either way he's been keeping pucks in the zone, even after the other team has gotten control.

Not on the cycle. Which is our biggest problem. Kovalchuk gets pucks on the frantic rush because he has a great hockey sense and knows how and when to "get there." The battles down low for this line on the forecheck and ensuing cycle are going to be painful to watch.

Zajac-Kovalchuk looks awesome. So awesome that the fact that Brian Rolston logged yet another game in the "invisible" column will go largely unnoticed.

Elias and Parise look great together, too. I'd have Zubrus center them and put Langenbrunner down with Kovalchuk and Zajac and banish Rolston back to the 3rd line where he can wink and skate in million dollar circles in relative peace.

Zajac-Kovalchuk looks awesome. So awesome that the fact that Brian Rolston logged yet another game in the "invisible" column will go largely unnoticed.

Elias and Parise look great together, too. I'd have Zubrus center them and put Langenbrunner down with Kovalchuk and Zajac and banish Rolston back to the 3rd line where he can wink and skate in million dollar circles in relative peace.

Ditto.

I still can't get over that Kovalchuk goal. There was barely a puck-sized hole and he found it. The only thing more impressive might be his interview skills. Speaking of the Crash Davis School of Cliches, this guy obviously graduated as valedictorian. :lol:

Also, P3L is the MAN!

Before we start gushing over how awesome this or that line looked tonight, keep in mind that we weren't exactly playing the Caps.

Whether I'm right or wrong though, Jacques, for the love of god, pick lines and stick with them.