the official NHL 11 Thread.

skullsmasher

I just got traded to the capitals in NHL 10.

WHAT

THE

%#@&

I didn't know that could happen lmao

edit: Lots of cool info here, see the post from martyisthebest. Thats why i changed the name of the thread

us NHL 10 players can come here and discuss nhl 10 war stories, what you like/dislike about the game and what you would want to see changed for nhl 11.

or not whatever

Edited by skullsmasher

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That happened to my boyfriend in his Ba A Pro. He was doing fantastic on the Sens, they signed him in the off season and traded him mid-way though........to the Sabres. He chose to tank his season to weaken the Sabres and ended up in the minors. Then had to work his way back up to get an NHL contract again.

This may not be the right thread to post this, but I just got NHL 10 for PS3 and the Be A GM mode is reaaaally complex. Now, I've always said that I would love a Franchise mode that let you do all the little minutia that a GM has to do but now I have it, I feel like I'm going to suck at it! Kind of like COD only shows me I would be a terrible solider in real life, NHL 10 is going to dash my dreams of being a GM.

Sorry, just needed to vent as I felt overwhelmed by it when I started it last night!

This may not be the right thread to post this, but I just got NHL 10 for PS3 and the Be A GM mode is reaaaally complex. Now, I've always said that I would love a Franchise mode that let you do all the little minutia that a GM has to do but now I have it, I feel like I'm going to suck at it! Kind of like COD only shows me I would be a terrible solider in real life, NHL 10 is going to dash my dreams of being a GM.

Sorry, just needed to vent as I felt overwhelmed by it when I started it last night!

I've held off on doing that kind of stuff because of school and everything, just been playing a season through (and I'm only in November in the season, shows how much I get to play anymore). Will probably start up a GM mode once I'm finished with class forever in a month (and by forever, I mean, until I decide I'm bored with not going to school).

I also love that you used the word minutia in this post. I've felt the need to use that word quite a bit lately, for no good reason whatsoever.

Be a GM mode is so much fun. I love all the little details, and the cap is such a challenge, yet so much fun. I won the Cup in my first season after making two trades: Pandolfo and Davison for JM Liles and a 2nd round pick at the start of the year, and Vasyunov (or however you spell it) and Colorado's 2nd round pick to the Sharks for Patrick Marleau (who they had on the trading block for some reason). I played the Sharks in the finals and Marleau was on FIRE. He had like 8 goals in 5 games and like 6 assists. Conn Smythe, too.

Be a GM mode is so much fun. I love all the little details, and the cap is such a challenge, yet so much fun. I won the Cup in my first season after making two trades: Pandolfo and Davison for JM Liles and a 2nd round pick at the start of the year, and Vasyunov (or however you spell it) and Colorado's 2nd round pick to the Sharks for Patrick Marleau (who they had on the trading block for some reason). I played the Sharks in the finals and Marleau was on FIRE. He had like 8 goals in 5 games and like 6 assists. Conn Smythe, too.

They're not kidding when they talk about the ridiculous trades you can pull off in NHL 10...

Damn, dude. I'm the type that plays every game in a season, I just find it more enjoyable that way...I like having control over every part of my team, including the actual games (though I don't play AHL games until the playoffs). Its so addicting though, you're right. I doubt I'll ever get as far as you using my method.

Also, why aren't they the Jets? All the Winnipegians think they'll have a team by next year :P

Edited by RSC

You people are bad influences for your teammates, that's why you get traded. My Pro is in his 3rd season. Played the whole first year in Lowell. Something I dislike here is that, if you simulate about 6 games, even if you score 6 goals the "your coahch wants to speak with you" thing comes up, and it's always he's disappointed....what the fvck!

I'm now going with the GM thing. Just started the 5th season. Penguins won the Cup the first two, but I (the Devils) have won the last two, both New Jersey and Lowell.

My first trade was Brian Rolston for S. Pahlsson :lol: just to clear space.

Fvcking Clarkson got a 1.7 Mil. contract for 3 years and sucked so I just dumped him this offseason. Brodeur didn't want to re-sign, neither did Elias (a$$holes :D). Still got Parise, Zajac, and Kovalchuk, picked up Janssen as F.A 2 years ago....just what the team needed to win the Cup haha.

There are awful flaws though. First, too many big time trades happen all over the place. Second, Patrick Kane, Mikko Koivu, Claude Giroux, and people like that have been free agents all the time after the first or second season...like really?? Are all GMs cab drivers?

It's still entertaining

There are awful flaws though. First, too many big time trades happen all over the place. Second, Patrick Kane, Mikko Koivu, Claude Giroux, and people like that have been free agents all the time after the first or second season...like really?? Are all GMs cab drivers?

I believe someone said the CPU GMs handle cap space horribly so guys who will only play for big bucks often sit out there because no team's can afford to add their contract, within their AI.

I believe someone said the CPU GMs handle cap space horribly so guys who will only play for big bucks often sit out there because no team's can afford to add their contract, within their AI.

Yeah it's all big trades but no big F.A signings, that's a huge flaw they hopefully fix for '11

I am pretty bad at the game but I am online once in awhile on XBox 360 to play some NHL 10...you should all like to play against me because I use the Sabres: A small team, cant play physical, and cannot score :argh:

One other thing that bothers me is the damn goalie equipment. Three years into Be a GM you'll see the wrong equipment in the wrong teams due to trades and stuff.

Hold on, so are you saying that when you make trades and what not, the goalies come out wearing the wrong color equipment? I've noticed that NHL 10 doesn't have the accurate masks, but the equipment is generally correct, at least when colors are concerned.

Hold on, so are you saying that when you make trades and what not, the goalies come out wearing the wrong color equipment? I've noticed that NHL 10 doesn't have the accurate masks, but the equipment is generally correct, at least when colors are concerned.

I don't know if there's a setting for it although I don't think so.

If, for example, Luongo was traded to, say, Colorado, he'll still come up with all his Vancouver equipment...pads, mask, glove, blocker, everything

I just won the cup in be a gm mode

Clarkson 3 goals in game 7 to win it

Marty with MVP award.

Can't wait to build up my devils haha too bad I get the number 30 draft pick

I'm in the playoffs now (6th season)....Kovie leading the charge. Came back from a 3-0 series deficit against.......Carolina (ugh), swept Florida, ECF against Boston

I got you beat there, buddy :) I put Kovalchuk on lines 1 and 4, every PP unit, and every 4 on 4 unit... he finished th eyear with this statline:

82 GP 113 G 104 AST 217 PTS.

This was, of course, around the year 2017 or so. One of the cool things about the game is that it takes into account the probability that scoring will increase year by year ever so slightly... I'm in 2029 right now, and I see alot more 8-6 games than I do 1-0.

Sounds pretty much like what we can expect to see from him next season in NJ!!!

I'm now playing a fantasy draft Be a GM mode... pretty fun I ended up drafting almost all devils. The penguins have Ovechkin and the Blue jackets have Crosby hahah.

FOR NHL 11:

They should have Winter Classics

It would be cool in be a gm or be a pro or maybe in an online tourny to have the outdoor rink.

They should have the Devils green jerseys as third jerseys.

They should make you feel like your at the arena by showing real life pics of the outside of it in the intro to the game or something.

They should have more realistic arenas, like maybe have the recognizable walkway behind the boards at the garden, or even the zamboni doors where they really are. Maybe pan around the inside of the arena and have it LOOK like the rock, like the big devils sign next to 233 etc.

Idk I can't think of anything else right now but I would especially love to see the green devils jerseys

Anyone try be a pro with a goalie? I started one on the hardest difficulty setting, got drafted by Ottawa and played a number of games as the backup. I lost about 3 games 1-0 while making 20+ saves and they told me I had to keep the puck out of the net and start winning more games. I like playing as the goalie even if the controls still need a lot of work but god damn is it annoying to watch your team try to score, all they do is pass the puck back and forth. I got sent down to the b-sens after playing in 5 games and going 2-3 with a goals against average under 1 and a save percentage of like .950. Every game I win is 1-0 or 2-0 with an empty net. Completely fvcking stupid.

Edited by Satans Hockey