the official NHL 11 Thread.

skullsmasher

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The hitting is fantastic. So realistic.

And stick breaking, thus far, hasn't been a problem. And the puck reacts to broken/dropped sticks as well. Really well done.

Just hope the final version is a little more polished. The players look a little...fat, for lack of better word.

I just scored a goal on a deflection. The ref came over waving the goal off and they said they were going upstairs to review it. The replay looked like it was a good goal and the ref changed his ruling and the goal stood.

The hitting is a great improvement over last years. It's nice that guys aren't just going to bounce off you when you go to hit them. They seem to have made it relative to size. Like a Duncan Keith is going to cream a Danny Briere but Briere can't cream a Keith. Last year no matter who it was it was almost impossible to make hits all the time without the guy bouncing off you and heading straight toward the net with the puck.

Another positive is that the players don't seem to fvck up one time slap shots anymore. Trying to pass the puck back to the point and actually having the guy in position to take a slap shot last year was almost impossible. He would fan on the shot or miss the puck almost all of the time.

The puck also seems to come loose more often too from the goalies which has been making for some crazy scrambles.

Some negatives... the faceoff system is great but they should have the overhead view every time. The stick breaking isn't the bad part, it's the fact that the stick seems to stay on the ice the whole entire time until the next stoppage. Yes sticks get in the way some time and that's fine but the refs usually try to pick them up when they can and thats how the game should be as well.

Edited by Satans Hockey

So far I like it, the only thing I am unsure of is I have not scored a goal 5 hole yet though I keep every shot low but it creates awesome deflections, and I am still curious how when a slap shot is taken far side low how little the puck comes back off the pad. Last years game you could barely get a rebound and it seemed like when you took a wrist shot it made a bigger rebound than a slap shot. I will keep trying. :P

The new hitting, look, and arena announcer are great. I hope GM mode is still good but doesn't sound like they did much with that this year. Maybe all this Kovy stuff will prompt them to make some changes next year.

Edited by NJDevils1214

The new hitting, look, and arena announcer are great. I hope GM mode is still good but doesn't sound like they did much with that this year. Maybe all this Kovy stuff will prompt them to make some changes next year.

yeah but then they'd just have to change it again a year later when the CBA changes again :evilcry:

So far I like it, the only thing I am unsure of is I have not scored a goal 5 hole yet though I keep every shot low but it creates awesome deflections, and I am still curious how when a slap shot is taken far side low how little the puck comes back off the pad. Last years game you could barely get a rebound and it seemed like when you took a wrist shot it made a bigger rebound than a slap shot. I will keep trying. :P

the biggest upgrade to be a GM mode that i am aware of is the addition of restricted free agency and all the rules associated with it.

i hope they fixed the error where if a player received 3 fighting majors in a single game, he was not ejected.

i also would like the return of suspensions for major penalties, like when in my be a GM 2 nights ago, zarkov took a slash to the wrist, a senators player received a game misconduct and a 5 minute major and i lost zarkov for 5 weeks due to a broken wrist.

I downloaded it and played it on ps3 and I wasn't all that impressed. It was NHL 10 basically with new face-off and hits. It is a demo though so I will wait until the full game comes out to give my final judgement.

AND FOR GODS SAKE CAN WE IMPLEMENT STANLEY CUP PATCHES ON THE JERSEY FOR THE FINALS ALREADY PLEASE!?

I've been playing the Demo for a while now. The Ultimate Hockey League should be fun, because it's simply another way to play versus mode. If you're playing the Demo, play the Ultimate Hockey League because Battle for the Cup Mode SUCKS in the demo.

I'm so excited for this game. Finally you can actually play a Scott Stevens styled character in Be A Pro Online and actually have some eye candy for the damage you do. Everything about it is awesome. If you think that it's the same as NHL 10 with improved faceoffs and better hitting, you're not looking into the game enough or you're not that into hockey. The realism of it is great now.

If you played through the Ultimate Hockey League game mode and played Team Canada, MARTY BRODEUR'S REAL PADS(Sherwoods) ARE ACTUALLY IN-GAME FINALLY!! :lol:

The goalies actually make diving saves instead of just desperation splits. The dekes are a lot easier too. I can't say enough about this game and I'm going to be logging SOOOO many hours of NHL this year. lol.

Edited by RizzMB30

I've been playing the Demo for a while now. The Ultimate Hockey League should be fun, because it's simply another way to play versus mode. If you're playing the Demo, play the Ultimate Hockey League because Battle for the Cup Mode SUCKS in the demo.

I'm so excited for this game. Finally you can actually play a Scott Stevens styled character in Be A Pro Online and actually have some eye candy for the damage you do. Everything about it is awesome. If you think that it's the same as NHL 10 with improved faceoffs and better hitting, you're not looking into the game enough or you're not that into hockey. The realism of it is great now.

If you played through the Ultimate Hockey League game mode and played Team Canada, MARTY BRODEUR'S REAL PADS(Sherwoods) ARE ACTUALLY IN-GAME FINALLY!! :lol:

The goalies actually make diving saves instead of just desperation splits. The dekes are a lot easier too. I can't say enough about this game and I'm going to be logging SOOOO many hours of NHL this year. lol.

I appreciate your in depth review of the demo. I'll admit I only played it once... realistically though where this game will pass/fail is the GM mode and the demo does not have that. The more detailed as far as overall control of your team it has the more positive reviews I will have for it. I'd like to see added to GM mode the ability to do things like manage ticket prices, merchandise, and food vendor prices, set how much is spent on advertising, add or take away arena seats, and the option to move, or rename teams. The more control I have over everything in my franchise the better the game will be to me.

Oh and like I said before... FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY WILL THEY PUT SOME GOD DAMN STANLEY CUP FINALS PATCHES ON THE UNIFORMS FOR THE FINALS?!

Oh and like I said before... FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY WILL THEY PUT SOME GOD DAMN STANLEY CUP FINALS PATCHES ON THE UNIFORMS FOR THE FINALS?!

Complain to the developers on their forums. They listen pretty well if their is a good majority of people who want to see something like that and chances are that there will be some support of something like that. I personally don't mind no Finals patches, even though it would be a neat little feature, it's a ridiculously small feature. There are many other things that could be added to the game.

Edited by RizzMB30

Well.....In the demo, you can press the help button (select(PS3) or back(360)) and cycle through the help and it shows you what features NHL 11 will have all there for you. It's how I just found out that there is going to be Restricted Free Agency. OOOO AHHH :cheers:

i said that 3 days ago, lol, in this thread too!!

If I could can I take this topic back to NHL 10 for a moment? Exactly what benefit does one get once they are at legendary GM status? By my calculations in the task point system I will have over 8000 points accumulated based on the current stats I have with my players as well as if I win the cup which takes me well over the requirement for legendary GM status.

Oh. I thought it would like make other GM's more apt to do trades and what not with you, as well as increase the desire for players to sign and re-sign with you.

I never noticed that. I give players bags of money to get them to sign with me :evil: Hopefully I'll be able to do it for 17 yrs in the new one just to stick it to Bettman