skullsmasher

the official NHL 11 Thread.

219 posts in this topic

If I had to pick one thing to change about nhl 10...it'd probably be a lot of how Be a GM was programmed to run. Honestly, the gameplay was good enough to keep me playing for like 8 seasons (granted, the 100% goal shots are annoying, but I don't play online so it doesn't really affect me).

-Add the ability to extend players contracts before UFA season

-Fix the trade system. I liked the 'minigame' craziness during the draft and deadline, but stars don't need to move every single time.

-Fix the draft. Honestly, I feel like there's just wayyy too much talent put into each season during the draft. It makes signing established players pointess. Why sign some 88+ with no potential for like 7m when I could sign an 83 with great potential for 5 years for half that.

-Have the EA staff do just a wee bit more research about NHL prospects. Devils specifically, I've wanted to see Josefson and Tedenby for a while now. I don't care what career AHL'ers are in the system

that's pretty much all that's bugged me about the game in all honesty.

Toews on the cover...I guess the made the decision after the SCF.

Uck...2 Hawks in a row.

Gamespot Hands-On

Parise's year is coming. I thought, for sure, he'd get it after this year's olympic showing. At least the US edition

Parise's year is coming. I thought, for sure, he'd get it after this year's olympic showing. At least the US edition

Yea, would have been nice...it seems to me that EA decided to wait until after the SCF to choose the cover guy. My guess is that if the Devils had won the cup or made a deep playoff run, Parise would have been a top choice. My guess is that EA had a list of like 7 or 8 guys to use and Parise was one of them. But when the Devs failed to go deep he was taken off the list.

Not like the old NHL games where they just put the biggest star on the cover.

BTW: Why does your group say "validating"? - You might want to ask DM about fixing that.

Edited by ben00rs

I read and didn't see it so I thought I'd ask, Did anyone hear anything about some changes to GM mode? Its my favorite mode but I'm tired of having players sit in the FA list in their prime for years because they want too much money. I hope they go a little more in depth with contracts and other off ice stuff. Maybe give the players some personality or something.

from that video, it looks like rather than focus on the actual rules, they jumped the gun and added a new feature for the sake of adding a feature.

they better have fixed the stick lift near guaranteed penalty. almost every time its a slash, high stick or hook. makes using the element useless.

or how about fixing the immortal CPU puck carriers who apparently even after getting hit, never lose: control of the puck or lose stride unless its a big hit

they better have fixed the stick lift near guaranteed penalty. almost every time its a slash, high stick or hook. makes using the element useless.

I haven't had this problem at all. Maybe you have penalties turned on too high or are using it when you're not in a good position to do so. :noclue:

has anyone preordered NHL 11 for PS3? I'm wondering how much better it will actually be than NHL 10, but the improvements seem pretty significant.

I haven't had this problem at all. Maybe you have penalties turned on too high or are using it when you're not in a good position to do so. :noclue:

Agreed. A lot of people just think "oh, I'm near the guy, let's lift his stick"... you have to see your stick around/under the AI's to attempt a stick-lift, otherwise there's a good bet you'll be penalized.

has anyone preordered NHL 11 for PS3? I'm wondering how much better it will actually be than NHL 10, but the improvements seem pretty significant.

I pre-ordered it at Best Buy. I'll be picking it up the day it comes out.

I pre-ordered it at Best Buy. I'll be picking it up the day it comes out.

I never pre-order NHL games, I've never any problems getting it the day it comes out so far. Knock on wood I guess.

Any special bonuses for pre-ordering?

I never pre-order NHL games, I've never any problems getting it the day it comes out so far. Knock on wood I guess.

You don't get drunk with your friends two nights before and spend 130 bucks on a life-sized replica football helmet of a college you don't pay attention to, leaving your pockets empty until a week later when you get your paycheck, which is already a week after all of your other friends got the game and played it and told you how awesome it was?

That was all hypothetical. Promise.

(Who the hell cares about Boise State football, for christ's sake?)

It used to be that Game stores were understocked and you had to predorder to get a game when it came out. Pre-ordering is for the hardcore gamers nowadays. Often with a pre-order you get extra game content.

Hopefully I'm getting NHL 11 one week before it comes out like I did NCAA. That would be awesome... :w00t:

Hopefully I'm getting NHL 11 one week before it comes out like I did NCAA. That would be awesome... :w00t:

i start a part-time, 2nd job at a game store next week, so if i somehow by a slim freaking miracle get an advanced copy, i'll let everyone know.

You don't get drunk with your friends two nights before and spend 130 bucks on a life-sized replica football helmet of a college you don't pay attention to, leaving your pockets empty until a week later when you get your paycheck, which is already a week after all of your other friends got the game and played it and told you how awesome it was?

That was all hypothetical. Promise.

(Who the hell cares about Boise State football, for christ's sake?)

Well in that case, I will definitely NOT be pre-ordering.

Who doesn't love a drunken adventure? :lol:

Link

Link 2

This seems like a pretty neat idea. I'm thinking it might get old after a little while...but I'm definitely looking forward to trying this mode out. Especially if the 'rare' cards are some of the all-time greats. That'd be pretty sick

Link

Link 2

This seems like a pretty neat idea. I'm thinking it might get old after a little while...but I'm definitely looking forward to trying this mode out. Especially if the 'rare' cards are some of the all-time greats. That'd be pretty sick

if it's anything like Madden, you'll have to buy cards with real money to get one of the best teams so it may not be any fun unless you want to shell out more money for an extra mode

Also here's what's in the demo:

http://www.operationsports.com/newspost.php?id=435468

Edited by DH26

if it's anything like Madden, you'll have to buy cards with real money to get one of the best teams so it may not be any fun unless you want to shell out more money for an extra mode

Also here's what's in the demo:

http://www.operationsports.com/newspost.php?id=435468

Can't wait for the demo. Should be sick.

And, if you're right...forget it. I don't buy add-ons or pour more money into a game than the $60 price tag (which is already steep if you ask me, and my $0 college income)

And, if you're right...forget it. I don't buy add-ons or pour more money into a game than the $60 price tag (which is already steep if you ask me, and my $0 college income)

no kidding, especially with my just-out-of-college-still-broke-as-hell income

If you are going to pre-order it, do it on amazon. It's 56.99 on there plus you get this...

Pre-order Bonus

Pre-order NHL 11 and receive three free digital issues of The Hockey News. Access code will be e-mailed within five business days after your order ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com, while supplies last. Limit one per customer. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

Edited by Satans Hockey

Don't worry, its not real money. You get EA Pucks for doing stuff in the game and the packs that have better players in them cost more pucks. Pucks are also how you bid on players that are up for auction by other teams.

That sounds better. I re-read what I posted (I misread it the first time because I'm just..awesome like that), and saw that there's that in-game currency. You'll probably be able to pay real $$$ for more cards (just like you could buy better gear for your Be A Pro player), but you'd have to be stupid to do that imo

fvcking micro transactions will be the downfall of video gaming. I fvcking hate them.