skullsmasher

the official NHL 11 Thread.

219 posts in this topic

The game is ok. I think that ultimate league thing with the hockey cards is stupid and a waste of time. I do like some of the gameplay better as everything has basically improved in that end.

Just got it today. It feels a lot different to me.

Everything is going to take a lot getting used to. I was consistently winning games in NHL 10. Just got beat 4-1 by the Sabres and 3-0 by the Islanders.

I may play around with the sliders a little bit, as that is what I usually have to do to make so I can score 2-3 goals a game. I feel like the big thing is getting set up on offense...but the other team usually pokes the puck away the second I get in the zone.

My only complaint so far is that it takes too long to do a line change on the fly because instead of the line change menu coming up right away, they added some animation to it so you have to wait for it to appear.

Why are the Red and Green jerseys still not included for the Devils? I figured after St. Pattys Day last year and the unofficial announcement that they are back for another year, would mean the old style Red and Green jerseys would be available in the game.

I mean does anyone really want to play as the Scouts or Rockies?

Why are the Red and Green jerseys still not included for the Devils? I figured after St. Pattys Day last year and the unofficial announcement that they are back for another year, would mean the old style Red and Green jerseys would be available in the game.

I mean does anyone really want to play as the Scouts or Rockies?

They were in last years game. I haven't looked in this years yet.

They were in last years game. I haven't looked in this years yet.

the red and green unis were not in last year's game.

maybe in 2k-sports' version, but def not EA

Anyone tried Be A Pro yet? How is the Memorial Cup thing? I still gotta wait a week to get the freaking game :angry:

Man my friend and I got up to the top 325 earlier today, but now we are below 6000 haha oh well.

EA finally sent me a review copy...except they forgot the advanced part. :urg: So now I've got the one I bought and that one :P

btw first NHL 11 goal: Dean McAmmond with assists by White and Greene. I LOL'd when I saw Mottau on the first pairing b4 I scratched his immobile ass

A few observations from seeing the youtube video:

If there are any major gameplay changes, I can't see them.

They have the exact same commentary as NHL 07, 08, 09, and 10. It's beyond obnoxious. Change it up, you dumbasses.

The graphics look slightly better. 60 bucks better? No.

Faceoff engine looks pretty cool.

The PA guy is new, he sounds queer. I don't like it.

We don't use a light on the player when he scores, so don't put it in our fvcking arena.

Once again it appears the AI never messes up a deke attempt.

Also once again, the defenseman skate backwards with too much speed. Kovalchuk with a head of steam should be able to skate past a defenseman skating backwards.

I'll buy it, because hopefully Be a GM is better, but that youtube video kinda made me sick.

What the fvck? On nhl 10 because white and volchenkov have racked up so much +/- it put them in the negative. The are both sitting in the -240's. When are ea going to update their fvcking game to make the +/- go above 250. They just robbed my top 2 dmen a chance at the Norris.

Be a GM is much better .... RFA's ,all your team prospect, more sensible trades(still not perfect), preseason , You get draft picks until 6 years after the current season so if you in 2011 you have all ur picks to trade up to 2017, and much better gameplay

Lol i got a 20 PSN card laying round so used it for HUT

Nothin Special But

Brouwer Voracek Okposo

Vrbata Sheppard Setoguchi

Rest are People IDK

M.Green Bieksa

E Johnson IDK the Rest

D Ellis Some Guy ive never heard of

Be a GM is much better .... RFA's ,all your team prospect, more sensible trades(still not perfect), preseason , You get draft picks until 6 years after the current season so if you in 2011 you have all ur picks to trade up to 2017, and much better gameplay

can you negotiate new contracts during the season with impending free-agents?

if they added RFAs but failed to fix this, i'm going to be a little disappointed

I think be a GM is better but not by much. Its a little more in depth but I still see amazing prospects not being signed as well as good players sitting as free agents all season. They now allow for up to 5 slots for trades instead of 3 now and allow you to trade draft picks as far as I think 4 years in the future. Something I wish EA would put in would be some kind of trade interest meter so you know how interested the team is in the trade. With not being able to turn off auto save there is no way to test out how to get the best deals in trades without possibly messing something up. I also think they could have done a better job with the staff upgrades section. I think it was NHL 2004 that had the ability to change ticket prices and upgrade everything from team giveaways to medical staff, the team practice/gym facilities, travel, etc.

can you negotiate new contracts during the season with impending free-agents?

if they added RFAs but failed to fix this, i'm going to be a little disappointed

nope still not fixed

edit: Any1 wanna start an EASHL Team??????? PS3