It's a start...

thelastonealive

you remove him from the game and the Devils still lose. the second goal came on a 5 on 3 when the game was over. anyone could have scored that and would have.

and Gagne... it was a great save, but that was Madden on Weekes, in OT-level bad shot placement

I think you're not giving enough credit to carter. The kid was really starting to come alive in game 3 and he had improved greatly since the first game. Gagne I agree isn't crushing for Philly.

At the very least it may just give the Devils some belief that Philly is cracking just a little bit. I mean everything that ccould have gone wrong so far this series has gone wrong. At this point I'll take whatever the hell we can get to be honest. No mater which way you slice it they're a little bit more worse then they were yesterday.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you're not giving enough credit to carter. The kid was really starting to come alive in game 3 and he had improved greatly since the first game. Gagne I agree isn't crushing for Philly.

At the very least it may just give the Devils some belief that Philly is cracking just a little bit. I mean everything that ccould have gone wrong so far this series has gone wrong. At this point I'll take whatever the hell we can get to be honest. No mater which way you slice it they're a little bit more worse then they were yesterday.

everybody came alive in game 3. we were motionless for the better part of the last 43 minutes of the game.

it's nice, it thins them out, but still, Pronger is going to bitch our forwards, some scrub like Asham will find a way to storm up the ice and beat Marty, and Boucher will stand there and do nothing except cover deflected pucks and stop 95% of what comes at him from 60 feet.... still looking shaky and looking behind himself after every one.

everybody came alive in game 3. we were motionless for the better part of the last 43 minutes of the game.

it's nice, it thins them out, but still, Pronger is going to bitch our forwards, some scrub like Asham will find a way to storm up the ice and beat Marty, and Boucher will stand there and do nothing except cover deflected pucks and stop 95% of what comes at him from 60 feet.... still looking shaky and looking behind himself after every one.

Good point about everyone coming alive. I don't know, I was just waiting for Carter to bury one. You could just feel that it was coming.

Ugh and please don't get me started about Boucher. I guess he has done a decent enough job but you could't be more accurate about him.

All I know is that we are due for a big game against them. Law of averages says so damn it! You would have to think that in 11 games there would be at least one that goes your damn way from start to finish and maybe Philly doesn't bring their best game.

Everyone keeps talking about Pronger and the Flyers forecheck. I remember a few years back when we had a series against Tampa Bay and Lecavalier and St Louis, and these two guys were killing us in the first few games. However, as the series went on they became more and more of a non-factor because the team adapted to deal with them and minimize their impact.

The point is that, yes, Pronger and their forecheck has been choking us in this series. However, it's been 4 games already. I'm sure they are watching videos of what's happening and trying to adapt to it. Just because these two aspects of the Flyers game have been so successful the first 4 games doesn't mean they will be for the last 3 (if it goes that far). Lets show SOME faith in the coaching, and hope that they can work around these two issues. If we can beat Pronger and their forecheck, paired with the loss of Carter and Gagne, and the Flyers don't have much left to them.

Everyone keeps talking about Pronger and the Flyers forecheck. I remember a few years back when we had a series against Tampa Bay and Lecavalier and St Louis, and these two guys were killing us in the first few games. However, as the series went on they became more and more of a non-factor because the team adapted to deal with them and minimize their impact.

The point is that, yes, Pronger and their forecheck has been choking us in this series. However, it's been 4 games already. I'm sure they are watching videos of what's happening and trying to adapt to it. Just because these two aspects of the Flyers game have been so successful the first 4 games doesn't mean they will be for the last 3 (if it goes that far). Lets show SOME faith in the coaching, and hope that they can work around these two issues. If we can beat Pronger and their forecheck, paired with the loss of Carter and Gagne, and the Flyers don't have much left to them.

this team isn't about checking the other team into submission like back in 2003 and 2006. besides, that's not why the devils are losing this series. the bulk of the flyers offense is coming from their PP but their 5 on 5 pressure has been pretty solid too.

as for giving the coaching staff an ounce of faith - sorry. they've used it up over the last 4 months. the lack of adjustments is exactly why this team is in this predicament.

Can the refs be out for Game 5 too?

oh how i wish.

I was just speaking with some Philthy phans. We agreed that this would be an excellent Philthadelphians excuse as to why we come back in this series.

Hopefully the players they replace them with cough up the puck a bunch of times and lead to Devils goals!!!!!1

LETS GO DEVvvvILS!!!!!!

this team isn't about checking the other team into submission like back in 2003 and 2006. besides, that's not why the devils are losing this series. the bulk of the flyers offense is coming from their PP but their 5 on 5 pressure has been pretty solid too.

Learning to deal with Pronger and the Flyers forecheck has nothing to do with checking. And I think that those two factors are a very big reason we are losing this series. Pronger and Timonen are minimizing the effects of Kovy and Parise (who are two of only four players who have showed up for this series), and the Flyers forecheck prevents our less skilled (read: 3rd and 4th lines) from getting out of our zone. Because of their forecheck, we can't break out and create offensive pressure, and this leads to defensive zone breakdowns on our end. It's all connected.

Again, they've had 4 games of watching the same Flyers routine. A good coaching staff would be able to find a cracks in their game plan and exploit them. I honestly believe we are a more talented team than Philly, but they have a much stronger strategy. Beat the strategy, and we can beat the Flyers.

Again, they've had 4 games of watching the same Flyers routine. A good coaching staff would be able to find a cracks in their game plan and exploit them. I honestly believe we are a more talented team than Philly, but they have a much stronger strategy. Beat the strategy, and we can beat the Flyers.

Their strategy is to take a ton of penalties and wear out our top two lines because we're always on our sh!tty power play.

It's really strange how Lemaire and the rest of the team think that Carter and Gagne being out is bullsh!t (Lemaire's own words). I've never heard of a team making such major injury reports only to show up with those players on the ice. There's a difference between "day-to-day" and "these players are having surgery on Friday and are out 3-6 weeks". I wonder what made the whole team really question these injuries.

I don't know if this is a good or a bad thing!! The devils might get into the mindset that they could beat the flyers so easily with two our their big name players out.

One thing that sucks is, when we do come back to win this series in 7 people will say its because these two guys got hurt

sh!t happens.. there's always that one event or set of events that happens in the playoffs that is either beneficial or hurtful to a team. we can't do anything about it. it wouldn't bother me, as long as we win it!

One thing that sucks is, when we do come back to win this series in 7 people will say its because these two guys got hurt

Sabres were missing 7 guys - 4 of them Defensemen in game 7 against the Canes in 2006. No one remembers that :P

Dude, right now I'd take a W ANY WAY POSSIBLE!! koolaid.gifkoolaid.gif I don't even care if their bus gets rammed into at exactly 3:42pm going down Broad as they pass Green St! whistling.gif or something like that.

It's really strange how Lemaire and the rest of the team think that Carter and Gagne being out is bullsh!t (Lemaire's own words). I've never heard of a team making such major injury reports only to show up with those players on the ice. There's a difference between "day-to-day" and "these players are having surgery on Friday and are out 3-6 weeks". I wonder what made the whole team really question these injuries.

the coach is an idiot. what can I tell you. Carter has surgery booked and if you notice after that 4-1 goal, the Flyers went dead flat

The Devils didn't adapt as much as they benefitted. Those players had less and less of an impact because Torts gassed them by the end of that series. Had Torts learned what bench management was, the Devils might not win that series.

Edited by SJP20