thelastonealive

It's a start...

79 posts in this topic

Everyone keeps talking about Pronger and the Flyers forecheck. I remember a few years back when we had a series against Tampa Bay and Lecavalier and St Louis, and these two guys were killing us in the first few games. However, as the series went on they became more and more of a non-factor because the team adapted to deal with them and minimize their impact.

The Devils didn't adapt as much as they benefitted. Those players had less and less of an impact because Torts gassed them by the end of that series. Had Torts learned what bench management was, the Devils might not win that series.

Edited by SJP20

The Devils didn't adapt as much as they benefitted. Those players had less and less of an impact because Torts gassed them by the end of that series. Had Torts learned what bench management was, the Devils might not win that series.

yep, in the sixth game, they were basically dry heaving on the bench. one of the worst coaching jobs ever.

Sabres were missing 7 guys - 4 of them Defensemen in game 7 against the Canes in 2006. No one remembers that :P

I don't remember that series period

Sabres were missing 7 guys - 4 of them Defensemen in game 7 against the Canes in 2006. No one remembers that :P

I only remember the puck over the glass call (Brian Campbell?) and the Carolina PP goal that ended the Sabres run. Moreso because said the whole year that rule is going to cost someone a playoff game or series.