157 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins in how many games?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

devils in 7.

these games are not for the faint of heart. anyone with any doubts should stay away from this game. i hear nbc has some nice thursday programming for you.

Those who do not believe in this Devils team should not watch Game 5 and instead watch the NFL Draft on ESPN and give us the updates. LOL!

For some odd reason, this poll reminds me too much of Tinkerbell in Peter Pan.

"Come on, everybody...if you believe reaaaally hard, the Devils will stay alive! Just keep saying, "I DO believe in the Devis, I DO believe in the Devils..."

Me? I did some research and Tink dies anyway. Flyers in 6. Praying all your good vibes overcome my negativity.

I know I'm likely setting myself up for a hard fall but oh well, fvck it. I just can't bring myself to accept that this is over. All the numbers say they're done but for whatever crazy and screwed up reason I still think our boys will find a way. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise that they are faced with it all being taken away from them. You never know.

I'm on the believe train. If it crashes so be it. Let's make sure we at least go out kicking and fvcking screaming.

One game at a time.

Devils in 7 :koolaid:

i want to have faith....but i don't.

doesn't mean i won't be there tomorrow cheering just like i do every other game.

I do beleive that this team has the ability to win this series still. But... I will say this, I also kept thinking since January, next game, next game they will snap out of it, wait til Zubrus comes back, wait til Clarkie comes back, wait til Martin comes back and we have a full roster to work with etc. it never seemed to happen. Honestly I think at this point the fingers have to be pointed at the Coaching. Can they motivate these guys to be up for an elimination game??

Edited by PaDevsFan

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough... the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!

[runs out, alone; then returns]

What the fvck happened to the Devils fans I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you MB, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Carcillo, he's a dead man! Doucher, dead! Hartnell -- (this is where someone else steps up)

... Dead! MB's right. Psychotic, but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards. Now we could do it with conventional weapons that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part. (reaches for a jar of jelly...)

Anything can happen, but its possible, I mean all you have to do is just take it one game at a time and don't look forward or back. If you base it on their play in Game 1, 3 and 4, then they have no shot. If they can improve on what they did in Game 2 and minimize some of those mistakes, they can certainly give it a fight. The objective remains to win tonight and then go from there.

... Dead! MB's right. Psychotic, but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards. Now we could do it with conventional weapons that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part. (reaches for a jar of jelly...)

And we're JUST the TEAM to do it!!

Philly, I think takes a big hit with these injuries. 1st line winger, and 2 line center. Thats a big hit. Devils need to be patient. No stupid penaties. Dont give the refs a chance to change the flow of the game. ZZ Pops, then the Kovy Line, with Patrick and maybe Zubs.

Philly, I think takes a big hit with these injuries. 1st line winger, and 2 line center. Thats a big hit. Devils need to be patient. No stupid penaties. Dont give the refs a chance to change the flow of the game. ZZ Pops, then the Kovy Line, with Patrick and maybe Zubs.

I don't think the injuries effect Philly at all. If anything if it may effect the Devils.

I agree that we need the ZZPops line and then Elias, Zubie and Rolston, I would put Kovy with Clarkson and Mcammond. We need to break up Philly's D with three lines with scoring potential rather than just having Pronger and Carle stop Elias/Kovy/Parise all on one shift.

Edited by MantaRay

I don't think the injuries effect Philly at all. If anything if it may effect the Devils.

I agree that we need the ZZPops line and then Elias, Zubie and Rolston, I would put Kovy with Clarkson and Mcammond. We need to break up Philly's D with three lines with scoring potential rather than just having Pronger and Carle stop Elias/Kovy/Parise all on one shift.

Spreading it could work. And get our Damn Power play working. And hope we dont forget our Ballz ! PLay like you got a set. Hahahaha

You doing think losing 2 out of your top 6 makes a difference? Lets equate that to... the Devils, playing without Parise and Elias. It makes an enormous difference on the talent level that the Flyers are going to skate out there.

In this instance, No. Carter and Gagne have been invisible in this series aside from one game. If this were Pronger, Timmonen, or Giroux, then yes, that would make a difference.

But its not. Carcillo has had more impact.

Philly has done a great job of rolling 4 lines at us, and they have the depth to compensate for Carter & Gagne.