Guess who's 5-15 in his past 20 playoff games

'7'

-2008-oct-8-003.jpg

yea, the clown who wears this mask. The fat overrated unclutch record accumulating piece of sh!t whop was carried to 3 cups by a timely underrated offense and a shot blocking trap defense. The second we went from a great to a good/average defensive team, Brodeur was exposed as a fraud. Need a big save...he won't make it. backbreaking goal after backbreaking goal after backbreaking goal. Tonight that soft trickler to Briere. WTF. STOP THAT. Try to be more like Damien Rhodes or Brian Boucher or Ray Emery or Robert Esche for once (all luminaries that outplayed you in the playoffs)

was he the sole reason we lost this series? Hell no. Fathead Lou should've learned that you win in the playoffs with guys like Corvo, Seidenberg, Carle, Gleason, Pitkanen, and Timonen. The Devils have 4 useless slugs on D. Mottau, White, Salvador, and Skoula/Fraser. Guys who can't skate, shoot, pass, block a shot, or the clear. They are pieces of sh!t who should be off the team next year.

3 years ago the Rags eliminated us in 5, and they laughed and danced in our building, last year it was the hurricane humiliating us, this year it's the Flyers doing what the Rangers did.

time for wholesale changes. Combover Lemaire has been an utter disaster since 1995 and should never have been brought back. He's strange, distant, cannot motivate and the players do not respond to him

I think it's time for a new goalie, a new coach, a new philosophy. And if this happens again next year...a new GM

Marty is not the sole reason for the debacle, for sure. In fact, if the team in front of him was performing better, Brodeur's performance would be one of the main reasons they were doing (relatively) well. However, he has given up his fair share of disappointing goals at the worst possible times. A goalie, particularly a losing goalie, is judged by the goals he gives up. Marty has given up a few odiferous ones this series.

I can't say I disagree entirely.

It's clear that to win the new NHL you NEED

1. Great Transition game / great puck moving dmen

2. Great Forecheck / shut down the other teams' transition

3. Great Power Play / You need to take advantage of the 5-10 PPs that will be called in teh postseason

The ingredient that gives all that

4. GREAT SKATING

The Devils as an organization from top to bottom DO NOT HAVE ANY OF THESE THINGS

In fact, the players who exemplified these qualities, Gomez, Rafalski, Niedermayer, Oduya, Gionta, are all GONE.

Lou is managing like its 2003. It's not any more. The league has rigged the deck against that style of play.

Now to the man in question, Marty

When has he really had a great postseason? I can't remember. Even in 2003 he was outshone by Giguere. He has not singlehandedly won a game in quite some time.

With that said...

The problem is NOT Broduer. The problem is a organization wide philosophy and coaching. This sh!t just doesn't work. You cannot trap any more, you cannot have dmen who can't skate and play the puck. The league is too talented now. Players are too fast and too skilled. YOU MUST ADAPT LOU. The problem is NOT goaltending. The problem is DEFENSE, namely quality puck possession.

I got flamed the other day for saying we should try to move Marty while he still had value. I know it's blasphemous, but I'm afraid it's true. He's a major road block in salary right now. The league is different than it was in 2003 and before, transition game / forecheck / and Power-play is what wins. While it's true goaltending can LOSE a game, I'm not sure it can win an entire series like it once did... Marty is worth maybe 10 or 12 wins during the regular season, I don't think anyone can deny that. I just don't think he's worth more than 1 or 2 in the play-offs.

With that said, Marty MIGHT accept a trade to a contender, but he has a NTC. So if he doesn't want to go - we are stuck, but he's earned that right and it doesn't make him selfish. I don't think we should dog him, judge him, or hate on him - he is the face of our franchise, one of the top 5 goalies of all time, and I feel lucky to have watched (and appreciated) him in my lifetime.

The league has changed, no doubt. We should consider changing with it - or accept first and second round exits for the foreseeable future.

We have to move Marty? Has anyone who says that watched the Devils for the past year? I don't think so. Marty is the greatest ever because he is the greatest ever. Yes he has played with good teams in front of him, this year's was not one of them and the Jennings Trophy is his, along with the wins and shutouts lead. Marty is still one of the best between the pipes and is the best at handling the puck which is much more important than the rest of the league likes to admit. This thread is disrespectful.

I have to agree on the fact that we need to end the whole trapping way of life. I know Philly was doing it vs us but a lot of teams do it vs us... why? The answer is simple. We do not have the talent on our team to counter-punch it. We have 0... thats right 0 players on this team with the odd exception of Kovy (who won't even be back next year) that can take advantage of the way the new NHL is. What is the god damn point of having a player like Kovalchuk when the defense can't even move the puck up ice in a timely and consistent fashion? What point is it having the best goalie in the league when we turn the puck over so much? Whats the point of even going to the playoffs when we can't score on the PP and we can't win ANY battles along the boards for loose pucks?

This team has returned to its "Mickey Mouse" roots and is the laughing stock of the NHL because it refuses to adapt. 15 other teams in the playoffs are built for it. This team is built for the regular season only and even THAT is falling apart. 20-23 regular season record in 2010. I can't remember the last team that was this consistently great in the regular season but completely lackluster in the playoffs.

3. Great Power Play / You need to take advantage of the 5-10 PPs that will be called in teh postseason

4. GREAT SKATING

The Devils as an organization from top to bottom DO NOT HAVE ANY OF THESE THINGS

In fact, the players who exemplified these qualities, Gomez, Rafalski, Niedermayer, Oduya, Gionta, are all GONE.

Lou is managing like its 2003. It's not any more. The league has rigged the deck against that style of play.

When has he really had a great postseason? I can't remember. Even in 2003 he was outshone by Giguere. He has not singlehandedly won a game in quite some time.

With that said...

The problem is NOT Broduer. The problem is a organization wide philosophy and coaching. This sh!t just doesn't work. You cannot trap any more, you cannot have dmen who can't skate and play the puck. The league is too talented now. Players are too fast and too skilled. YOU MUST ADAPT LOU. The problem is NOT goaltending. The problem is DEFENSE, namely quality puck possession.

And to win in the playoffs, you need a team that is going to give you everything they have!!

I am just curious how many here think ANY DEVIL would have slid in front of that puck like Lappiere did in the third tonight? I just dont see any doing that.

Edited by PaDevsFan

4. GREAT SKATING

With that said...

And to win in the playoffs, you need a team that is going to give you everything they have!!

I am just curious how many here think ANY DEVIL would have slid in front of that puck like Lappiere did in the third tonight? I just dont see any doing that.

Double Post sorry...

Edited by PaDevsFan

This team has returned to its "Mickey Mouse" roots and is the laughing stock of the NHL because it refuses to adapt. 15 other teams in the playoffs are built for it. This team is built for the regular season only and even THAT is falling apart. 20-23 regular season record in 2010. I can't remember the last team that was this consistently great in the regular season but completely lackluster in the playoffs.

I think this is just Hyperbole... The LEAFS are the laughing stock. We are still one of the elite franchises in the league. Our team does a lot of things right, we just don't have any heart.

Double Post sorry...

No one would have done it... Maybe Pando, but he can't touch his toes anymore in his advanced age.

I think this is just Hyperbole... The LEAFS are the laughing stock. We are still one of the elite franchises in the league. Our team does a lot of things right, we just don't have any heart.

No one would have done it... Maybe Pando, but he can't touch his toes anymore in his advanced age.

NO ONE TALKS ABOUT THE LEAFS DUDE. THE fvckING DEVILS ARE THERE IN THE HUNT EVERY SINGLE GOD DAMN SEASON AND FALL ON THIER FACE EVERY SINGLE GOD DAMN SEASON BECAUSE THIS TEAM'S PHILOSOPHY REFUSES TO CHANGE. The leafs don't make the playoffs top seeded and then get embarrassed at home. The leafs are expected to fail. The Devils are not. Good, is not good where better is expected.

NO ONE TALKS ABOUT THE LEAFS DUDE. THE fvckING DEVILS ARE THERE IN THE HUNT EVERY SINGLE GOD DAMN SEASON AND FALL ON THIER FACE EVERY SINGLE GOD DAMN SEASON BECAUSE THIS TEAM'S PHILOSOPHY REFUSES TO CHANGE. The leafs don't make the playoffs top seeded and then get embarrassed at home. The leafs are expected to fail. The Devils are not. Good, is not good where better is expected.

Okay, no need to yell...

I'm just saying that our team (by definition of a Jennings Trophy, and division championship) is not a laughing stock. Colossal failure in the post-season? Definitely. Chronic under-achievers? Most certainly. Heartless? Sad but true.

Hope you feel better tomorrow.