Jacques Lemaire Retires

njdevil26

Said in another thread that Lemaire was going to step down and retire as Devils coach. The players won this battle with Lemaire as they didn't like him and didn't want to play for him. Now there is a possiblity that Paul Martin will resign with the Devils now that Lemaire is gone.

What!??? Where the hell did all these assertions come from?

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a surprise....

"toast" as I predicted after Lou's Jelly rant.

"Lemaire, who will turn 65 on Sept. 7, said the team’s first-round playoff exit had “nothing at all” to do with his decision to retire and that it was based soley on not having the “energy” to make it through the long NHL season."

sure it had nothing to do with it

Lemaire, who will turn 65 on Sept. 7, said the team’s first-round playoff exit had “nothing at all” to do with his decision to retire and that it was based soley on not having the “energy” to make it through the long NHL season.

Oh suuure.

You got canned Jacques, but Lou had the decency to let you "announce" your "retirement"

From what I remember when they announced Jacques to coach last year, most of us on here weren't too happy (yeah yeah, I know I don't post a lot but I do read a lot). There was a reason we didn't want him back as coach and he proved us right.

If there's any reason to blame Lou it is in re-hiring Jacques in the first place. Seriously, was anyone happy when they heard Jacques had re-signed as coach?

There's no reason now to get in a panic about the amount of coaches we go through. The problem can only get better as far as I see it. Look at what Sutter was able to do in one year.

Edited by Jerzey Devil

you mean like... brent sutter?

As opposed to Ftorek, Robinson, Lemaire, Stevens, MacLean or whatever.... I'll take that chance again ANY time

This WHOLE organization needs a MAJOR change in philosophy on what it takes to win in a post-lockout NHL, and

a modern-day coach is a big big start!

We'll never know what exactly transpired.... This could be an inside agreement between Lou and Lemaire, so Lou didnt have to fire him for the 1st round exit. Or maybe there is an health issue Lemaire needs to leave....... Could be a number of possiblitys that will never be made public.

Well hopefully Lou realizes that the defensive style of play is not working anymore. Maybe a coach will be hired that implements more of a forecheck. We have such a talented group of forwards that should have produced much more.

Knowing Lou, he is doing the opposite of what we think.

Agreed!

Well hopefully Lou realizes that the defensive style of play is not working anymore. Maybe a coach will be hired that implements more of a forecheck. We have such a talented group of forwards that should have produced much more.

Knowing Lou, he is doing the opposite of what we think.

I agree. Time to turn the page.

So we need a coach that wants to coach and wants to coach for a long time, someone with the desire to win and win their first cup. Someone with fire and exceptional motivation!

Someone who has been an assistant for a while after a stellar career as the emotional leader of a team and happens to have the alliterative intials of SS?

Lemaire actually retired about two weeks ago.

As for Johnny Mac, didn't he just coach our AHL affiliate into the playoffs for the first time in like a decade or something?

Yes first time in TEN years Lowell made the playoffs. Too bad Lou can't lure away Dave Tippett from Phoenix. this guy Lou should have got instead of Lemaire last season. Maybe one of his assistants or some other assistant from the WC teams. Don't see or like any of the coaches in the EC. Have a feeling lou is going to pass on MacLean again.