HellOnICE

New COACH THREAD!

130 posts in this topic

Possible coaches I would like to see coach the Devils next season OUTSIDE the organization...

1.Mike Haviland, Chicago assistant coach: Haviland, who will be 43 this summer, is a Middletown native and a former Devils’ supplemental draft pick. He’s been an assistant for the last two seasons with the Blackhawks. Before that, he spent three seasons as the head coach of the Blackhawks’ AHL affliate and four seasons as a head coach in the ECHL with Trenton (one) and Atlantic City (three), winning two ECHL championships. Although I think bringing in a young, up-and-coming coach like Haviland would be a great idea, Lamoriello might be looking for a more experienced NHL head coach for this group of underachievers.

2.Guy Carbonneau, former Montreal head coach: Carobonneau was considered a candidate last summer, but nothing ever came of it as Lemaire was the early frontrunner. The Devils have always like the Canadiens’ connection and Carbonneau did have success with the Habs in 2007-08, but before getting fired in 2008-09. He still has one year left on his contract with the Canadiens. Spent this season as an analyst for Hockey Night in Canada before coaching Team Canada to a seventh-place finish at the Under-18 World Championships in Belarus earlier this month. Carbonneau was teammates with Langenbrunner in Dallas, so that might be a plus if Lamoriello is looking to get his captain on board with the hiring.

3.Guy Boucher, Hamilton head coach: Voted the AHL’s coach of year for his work with the Canadiens’ affiliate. Also considered a candidate for the Blue Jackets’ job. The Canadiens’ pedigree is always a lure for Lamoriello, but the 38-year-old Boucher is very green. He has only one year of AHL head coaching experience under his belt and doesn’t appear to be the fit for a team looking to win now.

TG has more listed in an article from today...these are the three coaches I would like to see. No to Hitchcock, Dineen, hartley and Stevens. Renney maybe.

http://blogs.northje...ext_head_coach/

I've officially changed my Avatar to Deckard, the man who retires human re-treads called "replicants" in protest of the idea of signing a coaching re-tread.

REPLICANTS!

?

I agree with mmajeski06

CHERRY! CHERRY! CHERRY!

This dude would rock the Rock! And talk about taking NO sh!t!!!

cherrygreen.jpg

lol, he looks like a fat leprechaun

smilydev.gif

Other good candidates could be Paul MacLean or Brad McCrimmon from Detroit, but I think Lou will wait until the conference finals until at least getting into serious mode in hiring a coach. I would also look at Bob Boughner of Windsor Spitfires, Don Lever(former Devil and Hamilton Bulldogs Coach), Dave Lewis, (Trent Yawney, Matt Shaw or Jay Woodcroft {one of the San Jose Assistants}). I'd throw Andy Murray in the mix as well, he seems to emphasize a similar type of style that the Devils play. A dark horse could be John Anderson (former Thrasher coach and might attract Kovy back to NJ).

Other good candidates could be Paul MacLean or Brad McCrimmon from Detroit, but I think Lou will wait until the conference finals until at least getting into serious mode in hiring a coach. I would also look at Bob Boughner of Windsor Spitfires, Don Lever(former Devil and Hamilton Bulldogs Coach), Dave Lewis, (Trent Yawney, Matt Shaw or Jay Woodcroft {one of the San Jose Assistants}). I'd throw Andy Murray in the mix as well, he seems to emphasize a similar type of style that the Devils play. A dark horse could be John Anderson (former Thrasher coach and might attract Kovy back to NJ).

Bob Hartley is a bigger candidate than John Anderson. Andy Murray isn't a bad idea, as he did improve the blues PP by his third year. I don't ssee any others you mentioned being candidates.

I agree with mmajeski06

CHERRY! CHERRY! CHERRY!

This dude would rock the Rock! And talk about taking NO sh!t!!!

cherrygreen.jpg

There goes the dress code.... Edited by CAdevsfan

How many new coach threads do we need? LOL

Stan Fischler, definitely.

YES! Thank you

:troll1:

:cheers:

Does anyone think Melrose looks like Col. Sanders on the evil opposite planet now?

I can't find new pictures -- but he's fat as a roll of butter and has this stupid long goatee - he looks way more stupid than he ever did.

per lou:

Lamoriello on the coach search: "When the final decision comes, it will be, certainly, someone who knows the personnel of this team."

maclean

hitchcock

NHL veteran coach

i think this says bye bye to haviland, boucher and any other random AHL coach that may have been mentioned.

per lou:

Lamoriello on the coach search: "When the final decision comes, it will be, certainly, someone who knows the personnel of this team."

maclean

hitchcock

NHL veteran coach

i think this says bye bye to haviland, boucher and any other random AHL coach that may have been mentioned.

You hit this one on the nose. No AHL coach will get the job over MacLean. The only other kind of coach that getss the job is an experienced NHL coach like Hitchcock, Murray, etc...

If its not Gordon Bombay then I'm not interested...

Well we had gone a whole week without a Mighty Ducks reference, but now's a good as time as any I suppose.

If its not Gordon Bombay then I'm not interested...

TAKE THE FALL! ACT HURT! GET INDIGNANT!

(Makes me wonder if Crosby ever had a coach who got stuck coaching as community service for a DUI ... )

Well we had gone a whole week without a Mighty Ducks reference, but now's a good as time as any I suppose.

If you can't respond to a thread without a valid Mighty Ducks reference then it isn't a topic worth starting a thread over I always say... :)

per lou:

maclean

hitchcock

NHL veteran coach

Lamoriello on the coaching situation: "There's no question Lemaire will be back as coach"

Do we ever learn? Come on.

Edited by David Puddy