Letsgoavalanche.com

sammyk

my gripes with the Avs are more of ESPN treating them (Detroit, Phily, the Rangers and queen Maria of Lemieux-land) as some kind of Gods and the rest of the NHL as crap which is bad for the game

they were fun to watch alot on Center Ice this year, but man Peter McNabb was SUCH a different play by play guy as a Devils guy then when he went to Colorado.. that thank you thank you crap for Avs goals is painful to listen to... and as someone who does his own commentary on line.. I dislike it :D

the team itself I have no big beef with, go figure !!

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SBT always seemed to prefer style over substance. Sometimes he didn't say much but said it in a "fancy" way.

That's exactly why I have never thought SBT was a DEVIL fan. If you ignored the heinous Crapalanche avatars and signatures, that is. :lol: I don't remember any posts he made where he offered commentary about the Devils players/team beyond rather vague remarks. He would never get very passionate about the state of the team, and didn't go into specifics.

that friggin 3rd person thing drove me crazy....

I thought I was the only one!!!

Eh, I didn't really care for it all that much either, but avoided saying much since the board appeared to have a "love fest" with him :lol:

my gripes with the Avs are more of ESPN treating them (Detroit, Phily, the Rangers and queen Maria of Lemieux-land) as some kind of Gods and the rest of the NHL as crap which is bad for the game

I agree, they overblow Forsberg, although he's one of if not thee best in the game, they just overdo anything he does....but other than that, the uselESPN announcers are usually extatic when someone scored on the Av's, especially Roy....Thorne needs to go back to baseball, where the game is slow enough that he gets all the names right....Clement needs to go back to the clinic that gave him the vasectomy, and get it reversed....it's a shame that Saunders, Olczyk, and Strader are the only announcers worth a damn....you have Unibrow Morganti, Steve "should" Leavy (the announcers booth), Daren Pang who is pathetic with his commentary, and of course, the Flame Menon' Bitchygrass....does this tool have anything to do with hockey?

i was going to write that RD I didn't think anyone would get it!

Peanutbutterjelly peanutbutterjelly peanutbutterjelly with a baseball bat...

:rolleyes: why me? why me???

the link below -- they dont' have the TEN MINUTE song attached do they?

http://www.pbjdance.com/cupcake.cfm <-- It's not 10 minutes long, but there's a cupcake with a big butt in it!

I was so-so with the Avs--neither here nor there. I wanted to keep tabs on Claude when he was there but it was enough to keep track of my own (Devs). Then, as was stated, the Bourque puke fest started and the near cannonization of Waah, it turned sour quickly.

I love the dancing banana! banana.gif

I agree, they overblow Forsberg, although he's one of if not thee best in the game, they just overdo anything he does....but other than that, the uselESPN announcers are usually extatic when someone scored on the Av's, especially Roy....Thorne needs to go back to baseball, where the game is slow enough that he gets all the names right....Clement needs to go back to the clinic that gave him the vasectomy, and get it reversed....it's a shame that Saunders, Olczyk, and Strader are the only announcers worth a damn....you have Unibrow Morganti, Steve "should" Leavy (the announcers booth), Daren Pang who is pathetic with his commentary, and of course, the Flame Menon' Bitchygrass....does this tool have anything to do with hockey?

A topic we can all agree on...the ESPN Experts ...SUCK!!!!

I do agree about Strader he does a very nice job, And Morganti is one of the best analysts around...but Levy, Pang, Clement Thorne Melrose...the biggest bunch of pillowbiters on one network...its a friggin disgrace!!!

Crasher has it right, I actually like alot of the Avs players, and their GM does a great job...the the drool from ESPn is such a turn off!!!

EXACTLY why I can't stand the Avs anymore. It really doesn't have much to do with us losing to them in 2001. The whole ESPN Love Fest from Hell perpetually turned me off :puke:

I do agree about Strader he does a very nice job, And Morganti is one of the best analysts around...but Levy, Pang, Clement Thorne Melrose...the biggest bunch of pillowbiters on one network...its a friggin disgrace!!!

Morganti is alright, just has to make sure he clears a path on his eyebrow so he looks normal....

But yes, they're all garbage....nothing compares to HNIC, and I still think of Mike Emmerick as one of the best in the business....although Chico can be a bit retarded from time to time, I guess that comes from too many pucks to the head....

Roy and Bourque are 2 of the best ever....I didn't see anything wrong with them, please give me some examples....

There is no doubt that they are 2 of the best ever, but as a devil fan who has to live w/ the fact the Broduer will never get the respect he deserves, the drooling over Roy is a joke. Even when he threw the puck into his own net 2 years ago the ESPN annoucers made it a positive situation, saying Now Roy would play even better becuase he made a mistake...Bite me... and the lovefest for Borque was sickening...who cares if he would have never won a CUP...the fact that he had to change teams to win it is just sad!!!! Bruins fans are left to suffer w/out a cup...

But yes, they're all garbage....nothing compares to HNIC, and I still think of Mike Emmerick as one of the best in the business....although Chico can be a bit retarded from time to time, I guess that comes from too many pucks to the head....

Chico is terrible, no arguments here...he was actually much better in the playoffs as a booth analyst between period, as the actual game analyst he drives me batty....

My bitterness towards the Avs extends from 2001 as well. I have never see more people want one guy to win something in my life. Everybody wanted to Bourque to win so bad, it's as if the Devils were willed into choking. He had a chance in 88 against the Oilers, but the Bruins got smoked.

Bruins fans can stay bitter for all I care, they should be mad at thier GM at the time, not Ray....when it came time for him to resign with Boston, he signed a contract past his free agency eligibility, and for ALOT less than he could have received for becoming a FA, JUST to stay in Boston because management told him they'd build a winning team around him with the money they saved from signing him....so when he realized they weren't keeping up their end of the bargain, he decided to realize his dream....

Brodeur will follow in Roy's footsteps as the next best thing, but Roy did play better after most mistakes....thats why he is one of the best of all-time....

But in both cases, I hated uselESPN's coverage of the Finals, and anything doing with the Avalanche that they broadcast....I watched the games on CenterIce til they were only exclusively on uselESPN, I wish they'd show the Canadien broadcasts of the Finals, they do such a better job....

Chico is terrible, no arguments here...he was actually much better in the playoffs as a booth analyst between period, as the actual game analyst he drives me batty....

Wow we agree again.. Chico is the worst goalie excuse maker I've ever seen

call a game.. he could JUST ONCE say a guy gave up a BAD freaking goal for

either team :P .. and not to mention he does sound like he's taken one too

many to the noodle form his playing days, but he is a nice guy :D

ESB should tell her story about Chico and the bus sometime !!!