I Wish We Could Acquire . . . .

Daniel

Let's face it, we haven't had a decent radio play-by-play guy since Mike Miller.

La Greca does a great job when he fills in for Ranger radio broadcasts, plus, as many of us know, he's a bona fide Devils fan. He'd be great doing Devils broadcasts. (Although, there is something to be said for the fact that in post-game wrap ups, Ranger fans have to call-in and complain about their latest loss to a Devils fan).

Let's face it, we haven't had a decent radio play-by-play guy since Mike Miller.

La Greca does a great job when he fills in for Ranger radio broadcasts, plus, as many of us know, he's a bona fide Devils fan. He'd be great doing Devils broadcasts. (Although, there is something to be said for the fact that in post-game wrap ups, Ranger fans have to call-in and complain about their latest loss to a Devils fan).

I support this only because I support a radio team of anyone else other than Matt and Sherry.

Right on, great post Daniel. I'd love to have Donny Pucks calling our games. He's a 10X better play-by-play man than Matt Loughlin could ever hope to be, plus he's a true Devils fan. In my perfect world, LaGreca does radio PBP, Loughlin goes back to being the pre and post-game TV host, and Cangialosi is out of the picture.

I met Don LaGreca at Jimmy Dowd's fundraiser in Hoboken a year ago. Hell of a nice guy. He also showed me the tattoo on his leg of the Devils logo over the Stanley Cup with the years '95 and '00. (He said he's getting the years put on in twos, so as soon as they win the next one, '03 will go on with it.)

So, yeah, I'm 100% behind this. LaGreca's the man!

Heck, they could just take the TV feed and use that on the radio. Doc is so good he actually describes the game well enough for a radio broadcast. Too bad that's kind of hard to do.

The Sabres do it, and I think one other team as well. (Dallas?)

I support this because of the possibility it could mean Matt coming back to tv and knocking Cangialosi back to doing high school lacrosse games where he belongs.

Yeah Steve should really stick to Red Bulls...

But La Greca is great on NHL Live and I'd love to hear him on our radio broadcasts.

I met Don LaGreca at Jimmy Dowd's fundraiser in Hoboken a year ago. Hell of a nice guy. He also showed me the tattoo on his leg of the Devils logo over the Stanley Cup with the years '95 and '00. (He said he's getting the years put on in twos, so as soon as they win the next one, '03 will go on with it.)

So, yeah, I'm 100% behind this. LaGreca's the man!

Great Odins Beard!!! DIG, you were at Hockey Night in Hoboken????? What a fun night that was. I love LaGreca too, but have nothing bad to say about Matt & Sherry.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1931488&id=91808247522#!/photo.php?pid=1931488&id=91808247522&fbid=91815757522

I feel the same way D731.

Me too. If we're honest, Sherry has her struggles but I like her anyway. I came to appreciate Matt after being forced to listen to a Carolina feed (Devils game of course) with that mealy-mouthed announcer they have--don't know his name. I'd eat a bullet if we were subjected to that every game. He kept insisting that the pronunciation of Zubrus was zoooobrush trying to roll the R in the middle. Just awful.

Great Odins Beard!!! DIG, you were at Hockey Night in Hoboken????? What a fun night that was. I love LaGreca too, but have nothing bad to say about Matt & Sherry.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1931488&id=91808247522#!/photo.php?pid=1931488&id=91808247522&fbid=91815757522

It really was a good time. I posted my pics with Paul Martin and Don LaGreca over in the Pictures thread in OT last year ... too lazy to dig them up.

I still wear that free t-shirt.

You can have him. As good a pregame guy as he is is as awful he is as a broadcaster. Some just can't make the adjustment. He also is a spinmaster. So he'll fit right in with Sherry Ross. Matt Loughlin has done well. He's improved leaps and bounds. LaGreca would be a huge downgrade.

It really was a good time. I posted my pics with Paul Martin and Don LaGreca over in the Pictures thread in OT last year ... too lazy to dig them up.

I still wear that free t-shirt.

Me too.

I forgot who the host was, I guess he is from the Howard Stern show.