Concerts

Devils Dose

I just purchased tickets for River City Extension at the Stone Pony the night before Thanksgiving. Really fun live band from Jersey, worth checking out if you haven't yet - think a folk-rock Arcade Fire.

After that it's second row for The National at the Beacon Theatre in December, which will be awesome beyond words.

just got back from Foo Fighters @ The Rock...

and EPIC EPIC show! played all the hits, tons of songs off the new Album, rocked out.. jammed out, some funny banter, awesome stage and light show.

Bob Mould played guitar on "Dear Rosemary" and "Breakdown" (Tom Petty Cover)

DEFINITELY recommend seeing Foo Fighters to ANYONE

glad i got to see one of my favorite bands of all time...

• 4 weeks later...

Going to "Wreck The Halls" (Street Dogs, Off With Their Heads, Murder The Stout) at the Theater Of Living Arts in Philly on Sunday.

Only Philly club I'm familiar with is the Electric Factory and I have to believe the sound at TLA is better than the EF (which was among the worst I've ever heard).

I also ordered my tickets to see the Dropkick Murphys at the House Of Blues (Atlantic City) in March.

[dances about]

Saw Black Star this past weekend at the Best Buy Theater (old Nokia Theater) in NYC and while they were great, the sound at the venue was completely jacked up. In case you don't know, Black Star is a hip hop group consisting of Talib Kweli and Mos Def. In 1997, they released one of the greatest hip hop albums ever made and never did another one. If you dig hop hop, this is one of the must get albums:

The other problem with the show was it started about of half hour late, while we all listening to the DJ, so they weren't able to do the entire album. Still, it was great watchign two maters at work and nice to see live music, something I haven't done in quite some time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tool

February 1st at the CAA (giggle.gif) ... got free tix. since my friend bought a bunch for the hell of it... im not complaining haha

excellentness!

also Red Hot Chili Peppers @ the Rock in may... can't wait to go to that either

Edited by Microwavepizza

ive seen Symphony X live before, excellent all around, enjoy!

Cool I'm not really all that familiar with them, I'm mainly going to see Iced Earth though I'm not a big fan of their new CD and I'm not so sure about the new singer, but I figure this show is cheap enough that it's worth it anyway, especially since I can easily drive there without having to worry about paying for a train ticket to New York. I did listen to a few songs by Symphony X years ago and thought they were alright. I might be more into their style now though.

Did anyone try to get Bruce Springsteen tickets today? I've never seen him before and would like to see him at least once. Five shows went on sale today, two at the Izod Center, two at MSG, and one at the Rock -- it will be his first time playing there. I tried to buy tix for either Izod or the Rock but by the time I got through on TM, nothing was left. I couldn't even get through on TM for over an hour.

Yeah, a lot of people reported the same thing. It happens anytime NJ/NY Bruce tickets go on sale - Ticketmaster just can't handle the demand between the actual fans and the scalper bots.

I didn't even bother - as bad as I want to see him (I, too, have yet to see him live), I just don't have the money right now.

Yeah, a lot of people reported the same thing. It happens anytime NJ/NY Bruce tickets go on sale - Ticketmaster just can't handle the demand between the actual fans and the scalper bots.

I didn't even bother - as bad as I want to see him (I, too, have yet to see him live), I just don't have the money right now.

Scalper bots? I don't know anything about them, but they sound nefarious!

Seriously though, getting concert tickets at a reasonable price for decent seats at popular arena shows has become near impossible. One really has to be crafty and diligent.

saw Tool last night @ the CAA...

the opener (YOB) were seriously awful. Psychedelic Sludge Metal... name says it all. Just noise with bass..

Tool came on around 9 and they are one damn good live band, seriously. Love them live. Played tons of awesome songs (Most off of AEnima and Lateralus, and a few off Opiate/Undertow)

(Being a Drummer) i am always Mesmerized by Danny Careys drumming, just... INSANE

My only gripe is too much jamming/ambient noises... but that was a total of 15 minutes throughout the hour and 45 minute set

Would definitely see them again

going back to CAA (yeah yeah whatever) for the 2nd time since the Devils moved... im glad we are NO longer there.

The Concourse is just horrible. Too many people, the lines are insane. wow im happy we're at The Rock

The ONLY redeeming quality are the upper seats at the CAA are better than the rocks (Leg room people, leg room)

• 2 weeks later...

Man Primus was awesome last night. They played at Gramercy Theatre, which was probably the smallest concert venue I've ever been to. It was cool to see a prominent band like Primus at such an intimate venue. Doors didn't open until 9 and I got there a little after 7, so I was able to get a spot right up on the barricade in front of the stage. The vocals sounded like they weren't loud enough, at least where I was, but it was still a great show. In case there are other Primus fans on this site, here is the setlist they played...

Set 1:

To Defy the Laws of Tradition

Fisticuffs

Moron TV

Frizzle Fry

Eternal Consumption Engine

The Toys Go Winding Down

Tommy the Cat

Set 2:

Prelude to a Crawl

Hennepin Crawler

Golden Boy

Mr. Knowitall

Seas of Cheese

Jilly's on Smack

The Pressman

Wynona's Big Brown Beaver

Bob

My Name Is Mud

Encore:

Lee Van Cleef

John the Fisherman

Edited by devilsfan26

It sounds like that Primus show was pretty cool. Some of my friends used to be big into them. I only know a few of their songs, but I bet I would've enjoyed the show, had I went.

I know there are some Metallica fans on here. In case anyone didn't hear about it, they will be headlining a weekend outdoor festival in Atlantic City in June. On one night, they'll play the "Black Album" in its entirety; the other night, they'll play "Ride the Lightning" in its entirety.

http://orionmusicandmore.com/

I'll be going to Ghost / Opeth / Mastodon in Philly (Boo!!) April 9th, and Clutch on April 17th at Sherman Theater in Stroudsburg PA. It's a very small venue, just perfect for a Clutch show!!

@Microwavepizza, that Tool show was my 6th.. They get infinitely better each time I've seen them... (With the exception of the interlude during 'Sober.. Did not like that...)'

I'll be going to Ghost / Opeth / Mastodon in Philly (Boo!!) April 9th, and Clutch on April 17th at Sherman Theater in Stroudsburg PA. It's a very small venue, just perfect for a Clutch show!!

@Microwavepizza, that Tool show was my 6th.. They get infinitely better each time I've seen them... (With the exception of the interlude during 'Sober.. Did not like that...)'

I would see Tool again any time...

and ill be at the Roseland Opeth/Mastodon show (cannot wait) ive seen Opeth twice before (One was a chronology of all of Opeths music in 2 hours) and again last september where they did acoustic stuff

im looking forward to seeing Mastodon