World Cup 2010

redruM

No one is believing in the Netherlands. They are ranked very high but all of the predictions don't have them getting out of the first round. I think they can do some damage.

I believe in the Netherlands, but then again, I'm Dutch and probably biased.

But seriously... not even surviving the first round??? We might just have the most talented forwards in the world playing together and should make it to the quarter finals at least. Then we will probably play Brazil or Spain and that match up can go either way.

In my opinion, Spain is the clear favorite to win the World Cup, followed by a small group consisting of England, Brazil, Germany and The Netherlands. Italy (too weak), France and Argentina (bad coaching), and Portugal (difficult schedule) will have early exits.

Edited by Atterr

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion, Spain is the clear favorite to win the World Cup, followed by a small group consisting of England, Brazil, Germany and The Netherlands. Italy (too weak), France and Argentina (bad coaching), and Portugal (difficult schedule) will have early exits.

I don’t have too much faith in the German team this time around. They are lacking leadership and experience. It wouldn't surprise me if they get kicked out of the first round.

I think Argentina can be very dangerous if Maradonna lets someone help him with tactical decisions. That team has too much talent to suck.

really .. france? they have not showed up for anything going back to the qualifiers, and they have serious internal issues.

I don’t have too much faith in the German team this time around. They are lacking leadership and experience. It wouldn't surprise me if they get kicked out of the first round.

I think Argentina can be very dangerous if Maradonna lets someone help him with tactical decisions. That team has too much talent to suck.

I've underestimated Germany a few too many times in the past and I won't do that again ;)

Maradona will never accept somebody's help, so Argentina is screwed. If he did, class players like Zanetti and Cambiasso would be at the World Cup and not some guy who plays in the second division in England.

really .. france? they have not showed up for anything going back to the qualifiers, and they have serious internal issues.

I know, that's why I predicted an early exit for France ;)

I've underestimated Germany a few too many times in the past and I won't do that again ;)

Maradona will never accept somebody's help, so Argentina is screwed. If he did, class players like Zanetti and Cambiasso would be at the World Cup and not some guy who plays in the second division in England.

I know, that's why I predicted an early exit for France ;)

True, Germany (my favorite team along with the US) have been underestimated in 2002 and in 2006, and they reached the finals and semis in those respectively. Losing Ballack hurts, but not the end of the world. I expect them to go at least to the quaters.

On the other side is Spain. I know they are the favorites, but too many times they have gone into the world cup and disappointed. I know they have never been favored quite this much, but I expect Spain to go as far as the semis.

Honestly, this is for me the first World Cup in a while that is truely open to anyone, and therefore I cannot make a prediction on who the winner will be or even the finalists.

Italy doesn't like American-born soccer players, so you shouldn't like Italy the national soccer team ;)

I'm not a huge follower of soccer (I like the RedBulls and have occasionally followed AC Milan, but that's about it), but, how did that kid (G. Rossi) not make the Italian squad? Wasn't he one of their top players?

I'm not a huge follower of soccer (I like the RedBulls and have occasionally followed AC Milan, but that's about it), but, how did that kid (G. Rossi) not make the Italian squad? Wasn't he one of their top players?

He was having some ankle problems. He wasn't doing that well either.

Italy needed his speed and skill though.

Rossi didn't have a good season with Villareal. IMO he should have been taken. But whatever.

Italy doesn't like American-born soccer players, so you shouldn't like Italy the national soccer team ;)

Oh give it a rest. He chose Italy over the U.S. GET OVER IT! You can call him a traitor or whatever, but get over it. Now he didn't even get selected to the world cup so laugh at him.

Four years ago for the '06 draw, I was at my local pizza shop after the draw was announced. The son of the owner and I were chatting about the US playing Italy. I'm like, "Hey, I know it's tough for you, but you are rooting for the US in that one, right?" He looks at me like I have 3 heads and is like, "NO........I'm Italian, I root for Italy". I laughed in his face and told him, "Dude, you're 4th generation, get over

it", and left.

Can't understand that mentality.

Looking for Denmark to advance. Thank God they aren't drawn with the US.

Oh give it a rest. He chose Italy over the U.S. GET OVER IT! You can call him a traitor or whatever, but get over it. Now he didn't even get selected to the world cup so laugh at him.

Wtf is with that attitude towards me? I actually know njdevil26 and was telling him to root for the US (which he isnt) because the team he IS rooting for (Italy) decided not to take the American-born (which njdevil26 is) Rossi. Called a joke, so don't take it serious.

I'm happy as fvck he didn't make the Italian squad.

Edited by njdevsfn95

Wtf is with that attitude towards me? I actually know njdevil26 and was telling him to root for the US (which he isnt) because the team he IS rooting for (Italy) decided not to take the American-born (which njdevil26 is) Rossi. Called a joke, so don't take it serious.

I'm happy as fvck he didn't make the Italian squad.

No, it's not just directed towards you. There are a lot of American fans that can't let it go, and dwell on it. Shut up already, he didn't pick the u.s. he picked his fathers country, Italy. I'm not rooting for Italy, so I'm not covering him, but I understand his descision.

No, it's not just directed towards you. There are a lot of American fans that can't let it go, and dwell on it. Shut up already, he didn't pick the u.s. he picked his fathers country, Italy. I'm not rooting for Italy, so I'm not covering him, but I understand his descision.

Mike's a really nice guy. You should give him a hug and take him out to dinner.

Well in my world cup sweepstakes at work i had the missfortune of drawing the USA and greece so no winnings for me then.

Cant even support the first team i drew.

I think spain should probably have this one, they are the most ballanced and well structured team. Brazil will step it up , but head to head i think spain has it.

England just dont play that well as a team. One of the most tallented squads in the world , but they just dont come together that well. Gerrard and lampard in midfield is not a good combo.

My outside tip is Holland.

Group A :

France

Uruguay

Mexique

Afrique du Sud

Group B :

Argentine

Nigeria

Grèce

Corée du Sud

Group C