redruM

World Cup 2010

291 posts in this topic

Eagle : ))

Atter : Seems like, the dutch player have forgot about hating each others this time.. maybe they will play football... and when they do that, they do that in a fashion way !

The Dutch may be playing for each other but the Robben injury really hurts, pun intended. A couple of the African teams got unlucky breaks too between Drogba for Ivory Coast and Essien for Ghana.

I can get a feel for most of these groups except D (Germany's group), literally you can probably rate any team 1-4, especially with Germany's own injury problems.

I might as well try though:

Group A - France, South Africa (have to win that first game)

Group B - Nigeria, Argentina

Group C - England, USA (will scrape through barely)

Group D - Germany, Ghana

Group E - Holland, Cameroon

Group F - Italy, Slovakia

Group G - Brazil, Portugal

Group H - Spain, Chile

First Round - Argentina over France, England over Ghana, Germany over USA (again), Nigeria over South Africa, Holland over Slovakia, Brazil over Chile, Cameroon over Italy, Spain over Portugal

Quarterfinals - Brazil over Holland, England over Argentina, Nigeria over Germany, Spain over Cameroon

Semifinals - England over Brazil, Spain over Nigeria

Final - Spain over England

My predictions:

A France

Mexico

B Argentina

Nigeria

C USA

England

D Serbia

Germany

E Netherlands

Cameroon

F Italy

Paraguay

G Brazil

Ivory Coast

H Spain

Chile

4th Place

Germany

3rd Place

Argentina

2nd Place

Brazil

Champion

Spain

Mexico & S.Africa are sooo weak in defense.. that insane...

Mexico should have gotten 3 points out of this game but are probably happy t have gotten 1 at least

Finally the World Cup has started. Not too great of a first game, but Mexico should really have won it. Nice first goal of the World Cup.

Really looking forward to the rest of the tournament, but I could really do without the sound of those afwul vuvuzelas.

can't wait for tomorrow. USA! USA! USA!

and please get rid of those horns

My boys should have gotten 3 points, but I'll take the 1 point. It's tough to play the host in the first game, EVERYONE is against you including FIFA and the refs.

My boys should have gotten 3 points, but I'll take the 1 point. It's tough to play the host in the first game, EVERYONE is against you including FIFA and the refs.

Mexico can blame the whole conspiracy... but they were really weak ... No referee decision were thaaat for the South Africa (the only stressful decision was the no-call on the potential penalty for South Africa!)

Mexico can be happy to have a point after this game...

LETS GO USA. This game comes down to Tim Howard, who happens to be our biggest strength. England is going to own the ball and get more chances, that's a given. However Howard is much better than James. US needs to make the most of the few chances we get and Howard needs to be perfect.

they were lucky to not get beaten.. the ref didnt call that clear penalty and SA had terrible aim....

Wow, talk about botching a save.... :lol:

AHAHAHAHAHA

Another UK-Goalie-Classic

so funny... so usual ; )

Impressive game by this US team....

This team doesn"t stop improve year after year ! Onyewu is a beast... Man of this game !

When did Michael Leighton make the English futbol team? :rofl:

I really hope that USA Soccer keeps this uniform template forever. I really like the diagonal stripe across the jersey. In international soccer there are so many "iconic uniforms" (Brazil's yellow, Argentina's powder blue vertical stripes, etc.) The navy/white/blue with the stripe really has the makings of a classic look.

Good job by USA to pull out a point. Gotta love their chances to make it out of the group now.

USA! USA! USA!

God Save the Queen.... so far not impressed by France - England - Argentina -lets see how Brazil - Spain - Germany - Italy -Portugal make out.

Previous cups prove that it's useless to be impressive for game 1.... just win or grab one point... that's about it !

The good thing about being a Eurotrash mutt is I have many, many teams to cheer for in the World Cup, even with Ireland out of it.

USA, England, Germany, Portugal...France I'd normally cheer for too but they're dead to me right now. Stupid Therrian Henry. I may never let that go. :rant: