overtime98

Devils' Kovalchuk will test market

471 posts in this topic

(and i'm sorry.. my quote come from TG)

and again : Lamoriello promised, "There is a lot more to be done." And he's "not through" makng changes.

Lou is serious about cleaning the house...

that first round exist was the "too much" one !

I was really hopeful that was true at the end of the season, but I was having serious doubts...until the last few hours. Slowly it does start to seem like there's a real sea change going on here at long last.

McKenzie:

Word I'm getting, and this can change in a heartbeat, is that if Ilya Kovalchuk is going to sign in Los Angeles, it will NOT happen tonight.

Dater: "High level NHL person - Kovalchuk has 'overplayed his hand'"

KIngs aren't that interested and haven't offered anywhere near what Jay Grossman wants the latest from the LA KINGS rumor monger himself:

Dean Lombardi on Kovalchuk via LeBrun

Pierre LeBrun (Real_ESPNLeBrun) on Twitter

Just hung up phone with Dean Lombardi. Asked him if he was closing in on Kovalchuk, ``No." Asked if he's still in the mix, ``Not sure.''

Dater: "High level NHL person - Kovalchuk has 'overplayed his hand'"

Hah, it seems like the only two teams linked to him all day have been us and the Kings, and you get conflicting reports on the Kings all the time from being lukewarm to going all in hot and heavy.

It seems like we're the only team that legitimately (publicly) wants him, I'm not sure if that's a good thing lol but it seems like he ain't getting no $100 million now, so if we can get him for a fraction of that by all means!

McKenzie:

Word I'm getting, and this can change in a heartbeat, is that if Ilya Kovalchuk is going to sign in Los Angeles, it will NOT happen tonight.

translation, LA is flying him out there so he can be there to announce in a press conference.

translation, LA is flying him out there so he can be there to announce in a press conference.

Translation: No bidding wars for Kovy. He will wait and see if a market develops for his services right now there isn't.

KHL was a rumor started by Grossman so this day would be a quick cash day for Kovy.

KHL was a rumor started by Grossman so this day would be a quick cash day for Kovy.

... much to your disappointment.

He could still be considering the KHL

Not happenning unless he's being offered sh!t in the NHL.

I guess Kovy is still testing the market! LOL

SportLYmedia

Update: Kings make offer to Kovalchuk. LA hasn't hear back since.

27 minutes ago via web

... much to your disappointment.

My # 1 concern for this team: 2nd line Center (Arnott-Check).

My # 2 concern for this team: 2 quality D-men if Martin Leaves (Talinder/Volchenkov- check).

My # 3 concern don't overpay for Kovy.

The smokescreen on the KHL and the alleged LA interest is starting to wane. If we can get Kovy for $6 million, I would be fine with that.

The smokescreen on the KHL and the alleged LA interest is starting to wane. If we can get Kovy for $6 million, I would be fine with that.

no chance - maybe he takes one year @ $7.5MM and does this dance again next year? i doubt it but it's possible.

Not happenning unless he's being offered sh!t in the NHL.

Yeah that's what I meant B )

lol. man, when kovalchuk signs with LA, all your posts are going to look funny. this is a satansdevils level of commitment to something which you really don't have any idea about.

Ouch. I re-reading these posts it turns out he was right, LA really had no interest and it was Kovalchuk's agent putting these false rumors out until his agent almost had to beg for the Kings to sign Kovy only to be rejected again.

Ouch. I re-reading these posts it turns out he was right, LA really had no interest and it was Kovalchuk's agent putting these false rumors out until his agent almost had to beg for the Kings to sign Kovy only to be rejected again.

lolwut?

Tongue twister?