RUMOR: Michel Therrien is New Coach!

brickwall30

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

can't say im surprised either (again assuming these rumors hold up), but as I was sitting here trying to convince myself this is a good thing I realized there are some positives to get taken from therrien as coach.

1) he has gotten far into the playoffs POST-LOCKOUT

2) he has experience dealing with big talent and big egos from his time with the pens (and he utilized them well imo)

3) IIRC he was known as a players coach, but one that seemed to have the respect of the locker room. Both things which we clearly need from any new head coach.

so despite all the negative that could, and probably will be said in the next days weeks and months, I will continue to try and convince myself the pro's outweigh the con's.

Lou certainly thinks so...

In Lou We Trust...

:koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid:

Edited by brickwall30

Ok well I don't know what to say or do...we get knocked our of the first round for 3 straight years and among all the coaches available : Carbo,Havilland,Maclean,Boucher and tons of other names we sign Michel Terrien :noclue:

Can somebody please tell me where to go to get some good weed so I maybe see this possible move as a good one.

Edited by SS-SS

The main difference between Therrien is that he lets his star players play. He does have a decent grasp of offense and defense, I'd expect the team to score more goals with Therrien than Lemaire. I mean, in all honesty I thought MacLean was the way to go but Therrien isn't some random guy here.

The main difference between Therrien is that he lets his star players play. He does have a decent grasp of offense and defense, I'd expect the team to score more goals with Therrien than Lemaire. I mean, in all honesty I thought MacLean was the way to go but Therrien isn't some random guy here.

+1

Therrien gets a lot of sh!t from people here, but I seriously don't think the move is THAT bad. He coached a pretty offensive Pens team, so I hope he brings some freshness here.

IF it's true, of course. He could be another Shedlon Souray. :giggle:

+1

Therrien gets a lot of sh!t from people here, but I seriously don't think the move is THAT bad. He coached a pretty offensive Pens team, so I hope he brings some freshness here.

IF it's true, of course. He could be another Shedlon Souray. :giggle:

they weren't that offensive. they played a "system". he blows. bluntly, anyone can coach a team with Crosby/Malkin/Staal as their top 3. Byslma proves this.

Once I see a TSN, Rich Chere or Tom Gulitti article that it is true, I will believe it until then lets focus on Game 5 tonight. If Paul Martin's and Lou's conversation holds true, then something will be done in the next 1-3 weeks. But, yet it would not surprise me if he is the guy.

Some of the guys on this forum last summer:

Oh NO! Lemaire is too much defensive minded!

Oh NO! No more offense!

OH NO! This

OH NO! That

You we're mad because lemaire was commning here last summer because he is a defensive coach and you guys wanted offense.

WELL IF THERRIEN COMES IN HERE YOU'LL HAVE YOUR OFFENCE SO STOP SAYING WE ARE SCREWD IF THIS GUY COMES HERE!

Thank you.

Oh NO! No more offense!

OH NO! This

OH NO! That

You we're mad because lemaire was commning here last summer because he is a defensive coach and you guys wanted offense.

WELL IF THERRIEN COMES IN HERE YOU'LL HAVE YOUR OFFENCE SO STOP SAYING WE ARE SCREWD IF THIS GUY COMES HERE!

Thank you.

what offense? Therrien is the same exact thing as Lemaire. only dumber and angrier. Lemaire actually is a smart guy, he just rests on his laurels now. Therrien has never been smart.

what offense? Therrien is the same exact thing as Lemaire. only dumber and angrier. Lemaire actually is a smart guy, he just rests on his laurels now. Therrien has never been smart.

That's your point, but I truly think that Therrien is WAY more offensive than lemaire. And this guy, in my opinion can bring us far in the playoffs.

Oh NO! No more offense!

OH NO! This

OH NO! That

Thank you.

Therrien employs a 1-2-2 passive forecheck. The Penguins scored because of their roster, the top of it anyway, not because of the system they played.

That's your point, but I truly think that Therrien is WAY more offensive than lemaire. And this guy, in my opinion can bring us far in the playoffs.

they use the same system. and he can't bring anything far in the playoffs. he goes far in the playoffs on the back of his team. I don't think you understand how bad of a coach Bylsma is too. and he's got a ring. the Pens have some limitations, but woe be on everyone if they get a really solid coach while their roster is intact.

they use the same system. and he can't bring anything far in the playoffs. he goes far in the playoffs on the back of his team. I don't think you understand how bad of a coach Bylsma is too. and he's got a ring. the Pens have some limitations, but woe be on everyone if they get a really solid coach while their roster is intact.

I actualy think no coach is good enough for this forum...

The same guys twitter said Therrien was on the verge of being back in the NHL back on the 26th, saying the Devils offered him the job back then as well. Nobody else had that information as such so I'll wait for confirmation still.

well, you're not going to hear much of anything before it happens. TG is a reporter. he'll break it when he gets a press conference text on his phone. he ain't mucking in the offseason, he barely does it during the regular season.

well, you're not going to hear much of anything before it happens. TG is a reporter. he'll break it when he gets a press conference text on his phone. he ain't mucking in the offseason, he barely does it during the regular season.

But TG would know this was a done deal if it was effectively done 10 days ago. He wouldn't be postulating that Maclean or Haivlad are the best options and basically ignoring Therrien talk(from the little I glanced at TGs twitter)

But TG would know this was a done deal if it was effectively done 10 days ago. He wouldn't be postulating that Maclean or Haivlad are the best options and basically ignoring Therrien talk(from the little I glanced at TGs twitter)

What makes you think he's really in contact? :lol: Remember Kovalchuk? That was when he was supposedly on the job. He basically wouldn't crack on that until the afternoon of the trade. He was probably the 10,000th person to figure it out.

This source is too consistant and well thought out to be a fake. If it is, they're nuts, because a Therrien/Devils rumor is like the perfect combination of "who cares". There's only two groups that are interested. Therrien, and Devils fans.