Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Devs4LIFE

Would you sign...

52 members have voted

1. 1. Sign him?

• yes
    • no

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

39 posts in this topic

I'm not sure if it is wise to make fun of the Rangers for that. The next week the Flyers killed us in the playoffs and made us the 1st team sent home in the playoffs.

Who made fun of the Rangers? I made fun of Jokie. And thanks for the history lesson. I was wondering how the Flyers got in. :angry:

I've heard from other teams fans and two former teammates that he is 'cancer in the locker room'. I'd say, "NO".

1 person likes this

I've heard from other teams fans and two former teammates that he is 'cancer in the locker room'. I'd say, "NO".

'

This

Unless its for a "no one will sign me I'll play for 500k a year Nieds/McAmmond" type deal, no thanks. I'de much rather see a prospect like McIntyre/Josefson/Henrique take the spot on second or third line, atleast they will try.

As for not having a good face off center since Holik, I think you forgot Nieuwendyk. Although im not sure what the Devils face-off stats were for the year + change we had him, he was, in my opinion, the second best face-off center off all time, behind Oates.

If it weren't for the whole "cancer in LR" thing, I'd say a 1 year team-favorable cost contract wouldn't be a bad thing. Someone under that kind of contract who wants big cash would be forced to behave and produce or he'd be forced elsewhere.

Plus, on paper he's better than anything we've trotted out as a 3rd line C this year...we've had games where our back two centers have been "Special" Nieds and Pelley, who are not really offensive forces.

I guess I'd say proceed with caution, and make whatever deal you offer him team-friendly.

hell no. This guy is not to be relied upon. I couldn't believe when tortarella put him out in the 3rd spot in the shootout against the flyers in that playoff spot deciding game this year. He is not clutch. He is the exact opposite. If tortarella picks another guy there, Flyers maybe don't even get into the playoffs.