Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ladyshrouds

How Much Longer? ? ? ?

13 posts in this topic

LOL; Im seeing the preseason games in Philadelphia... so this time next week Ill see a game... although Ill see the younger kids playing most likely ;)

Actually I think watching some of the prospects is entertaining, however which brings up another question... Do they charge regular season admission price for pre-season games? I can't seem to remember.

Philadelphia kept the same prices; not sure if CAA did or not....

I am not in any super rush for hockey. I am enjoying football too much.

Football is much too slow for me... not as bad as baseball though...

I still watch football though... but hockey reigns supreme.

We had orientation at the Caps today... it was AWESOME! I got to see every part of the locker room, including both changing rooms, the lounge, the equipment manager's office, the showers, the hallway to the ice, the plaques, the motivational phrases... EVERYTHING!

I'd have to say it was one of my more exciting hockey times, ever. Seeing where these guys get ready was amazing. According to the head of something or other, players show up between 3:30 and 4:30 for games at 7:00. Some hang out in the lounge, watching TV or playing video games (yeah, they got HDTV Plasma whatever it is with every game system imaginable). Some work out on the bike. Some sharpen their own skates, curve their own sticks. It's all personal. But pretty much it's like a really fancy little hockey house, meant specifically for sweaty, hockey-playing guys. The rooms have their own special system of ventilation so it doesn't smell.

The coolest things? Special hooks with heat/blow-dryer type thingies to put your gloves on in between periods. They don't really heat the gloves, per se, they just heat the sweat out of them. Man I wish I had those.

DRP HE FRIGGIN PUCK ALREADY!!!

Damn I love hockey season...only thing better than the Devs raising the banner right now..... watching my son play his first game...could not have been a prouder dad!!!

I fogot how close preseason games are..... I think I will get to go to the game next tuesday when stars play st louis. Too bad I can't go to Friday's game vs NYR! :lol: