Devils Sign Henrik Tallinder

nyrsuck26

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man I was really worried this was it. OK. Im OK with this now.

I'm so embarrassed at how stressed I was thinking how this one thing could make anything happen... but with Volchenkov... blahhhh I cannot believe how relieved I feel. heat.gif I feel like a jerk how kind of upset I was getting trying to think about this. :giggle:

Wikipedia says the guy was charged with rape and released from his Swedish team in 2005.

Ahhh -- he was one of those guys! Remember the three kids in Sweden? He was one of the ones charged? One was let off I know... the other two said they thought it was consensual? I thought the whole thing was dropped :noclue:

YES Lilja -- ... was it Huselius or Tallinder that got let off of the charges?

Edited by Pepperkorn

From LeBrun:

One thing Lamoriello mentioned to me is that he's got young Swedish kids on D and he loves the way Tallinder helped Tyler Myers in Buff

With Urbom almost making the team last year, it sure seems like the Devils think he is almost a lock to do it this year.

TGfireandice

Also, said Tallinder, who is from Stockholm, will be the perfect defenseman to tutor Alexander Urbom -- as he did with Tyler Myers in Buff.

Not to mention having another veteran Swede on the team will be nice for 2 certain young men.

TGfireandice

Also, said Tallinder, who is from Stockholm, will be the perfect defenseman to tutor Alexander Urbom -- as he did with Tyler Myers in Buff.

Not to mention having another veteran Swede on the team will be nice for 2 certain young men.

I know he's experienced, Sedish and probably a good mentor... but he's still awfully overpaid. The man hit 20 pts. TWICE in his career and get 3.375... ugh! :doh1:

3.375 Is a good amount of money. He's not an offensive d-man so I won't judge his point totals but I'll give him a shot to earn that money.

As a longtime Sabres fan I can tell you I was disappointed to lose Tallinder....very underrated defenceman, and when he was out of the lineup for the Sabres over the years, you can see how the Sabres missed his presence in the lineup.

As a longtime Sabres fan I can tell you I was disappointed to lose Tallinder....very underrated defenceman, and when he was out of the lineup for the Sabres over the years, you can see how the Sabres missed his presence in the lineup.

This is so funny. A couple weeks ago when I said we should sign him, someone told me I should ask you about Tallinder if I thought he was good. LOL, guess he didn't know what he was talking about.

I know he's experienced, Sedish and probably a good mentor... but he's still awfully overpaid. The man hit 20 pts. TWICE in his career and get 3.375... ugh! :doh1:

He's not overpaid. Not more than a couple hundred thousand maybe at worst. He's a solid second-pairing two-way defenseman who is said to be very good in the locker room and a good penalty killer. 3.3 mil for that seems pretty fair to me. How much do you think he's worth?

TGfireandice

As long as it wasnt in the Buff.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.