Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MantaRay

Volchenkov to Devils

181 posts in this topic

Lou's secret plan revealed: Tie up Grossman all day on the phone with Volchenkov negotiations so other teams blow their cap money and can't lock up Kovy.

love this.

i'm almost crying over here thinking about what an improvement having volchenkov on the ice in the waning moments of a close game is over mottau.

$25.5 for 6 years is a great deal !

*Pats myself on the back* Halfway there.

impossible - no more $ for him. lou gave it to two stiffs. unless he's got rolston AND salvador out the door, you can forget kovalchuk.

the devils are a 2nd rate destination. sad face.

Lou's secret plan revealed: Tie up Grossman all day on the phone with Volchenkov negotiations so other teams blow their cap money and can't lock up Kovy.

that's funny

Lou learned nothing from the playoffs.

We now have only one puck moving defenseman, Andy Greene, aka only one dman who isn't terrified to play the puck when facing a team's forecheck, which is what killed us against Philly.

@Real_ESPNLeBrun: Just spoke with Lou Lamoriello who confirmed Volchenkov deal. Asked him about Kovalchuk, ``We're still in it."

We are going to have the leagues worst powerplay for the next 4 years.

Since when do defensemen play on our PP?

impossible - no more $ for him. lou gave it to two stiffs. unless he's got rolston AND salvador out the door, you can forget kovalchuk.

Ahhhh, but you forget the fact thaat we're not done unloading.

We now have only one puck moving defenseman, Andy Greene, aka only one dman who isn't terrified to play the puck when facing a team's forecheck, which is what killed us against Philly.

tallinder plays the puck incredibly well

Salvador has to be gone

we have 5 defensive defensemen right now

I will wait the end of the day (and all the smoke going away) before calling him out... i'm sure some trade are coming...

(but i agree with you if nothing happen)

I dont think we have enough money left to sign Kovalchuk

You can go over the cap by 10% in the offseason so the Devils can sign Kovi and figure out the cap stuff later.

This. This. This. This.

WAKE UP LOU, ITS 2010 NOT 1995.

I dont think we have enough money left to sign Kovalchuk

Lou just told LeBrun when asked about Kovy, "we're still in it"

I believe him. :koolaid:

This is okay... depending on the style of hockey they play. If they play like they did 2 seasons ago, they will be sound.

If the defensemen are going to be relied on to do anything other than defend and hold the line, well, that's another story.

Seems like Greene is getting Martin's job as a first pair defenseman. Volchenkov's puck skills are well, interesting. He pretty much has to play with Greene.

This. This. This. This.

WAKE UP LOU, ITS 2010 NOT 1995.

We also have a new big, tank that will play physical (not Colin White physical, mind you) and stand his ground. I'd say it's a definite improvement.

Plus, the two best PMD were gone (Gonchar, Martin). I think Lou did damn well getting this guy.

Imagine how PISSED you'd be if we didn't sign anyone.