Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MantaRay

Volchenkov to Devils

181 posts in this topic

This. This. This. This.

WAKE UP LOU, ITS 2010 NOT 1995.

We also have a new big, tank that will play physical (not Colin White physical, mind you) and stand his ground. I'd say it's a definite improvement.

Plus, the two best PMD were gone (Gonchar, Martin). I think Lou did damn well getting this guy.

Imagine how PISSED you'd be if we didn't sign anyone.

They can go 10% over cap remember.

plus remember, Lou is gonna try and unload a few more guys.

A pure BEAST on defense. Oh where the hell have you been for the last 7 years?

Moves still have to be made. Hopefully Lou is working on moving a regular from the defense and offense to clear some cap room.

0:53....oh you b!tch!!!

That video makes me giddy. I feel like the devils haven't had a soild open-ice hitter since...well...you know.

A pure BEAST on defense. Oh where the hell have you been for the last 7 years?

Moves still have to be made. Hopefully Lou is working on moving a regular from the defense and offense to clear some cap room.

yes, yes, and yes.... how badly this guys needed to be in a NJ uniform

I'd take him over Paul "Whimpy" Martin any-day

We now have 5 defensive defensemen under contract

Hopefully we can flush Rolston or trade Langenbrunner and make the Kovalchuk thing happen.

Another guy I'm ashamedly uneducated on. Can anyone tell me anything that will assure me he's more than Vishnevski v2.0?

Not sure if any1 mentioned it , it has a NTC involved as well

Eh, a NTC is becoming a formality in this league really. We can bury him in the minors if his 4m really hamstrung us in the future.

we FINALLY have a legit physical presance on defense, he's making under 5 million, how are people not amped about this?!

he can change a game with a single lowering of his shoulder!

we've been missing that since stevens retired and white became a cyclops

Alright so I was one to complain about the Devils softness all year long. Volchenkov helps take care of that. I also see him helping Clarkson get even more physical, maybe he won't disappear in the 2011 playoffs like he did this year

Tallinder plays huge in the playoffs, so does Volchenkov. Where have we failed lately? The playoffs. Gonna be hell to play the Devils.

Another guy I'm ashamedly uneducated on. Can anyone tell me anything that will assure me he's more than Vishnevski v2.0?

he's the elite player of his kind. it's up to you to decide what that "kind" of player is worth. but, of that kind, he's likely the best. guys like Chara/Pronger don't count because they're "elite" two-way defensemen, the elite of the elite.

Salvador and a forward move I say....Josefson and Tedenby up

He is a shot blocking monster. Big, strong, extremely physical. A real bitch to play against. Something we have needed and lacked for a really long time.

Haha, how many of those hits in that Volchenkov video are gonna get him suspended from now on?

That video makes me giddy. I feel like the devils haven't had a soild open-ice hitter since...well...you know.

Vitali Vishnevski?

The A-Train is now a Devil

Freaky' Love it !

someone else brought this point up on the ESPN board, so i cannot take credit:

this move was made for the future in mind. when marty hangs them up, what kind of person do you want most on defense while breaking in a new keeper? a shot blocking machine

Always really liked how this guy played. He's got a great motor and is arguably the best shot blocker in the league.

Very happy.

Fingers crossed on the Kovy sitch.

Brookbank?

yes, yes, and yes.... how badly this guys needed to be in a NJ uniform

I'd take him over Paul "Whimpy" Martin any-day

We now have 5 defensive defensemen under contract

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not but if so, this is a strong signing. Yeah there is a lot of "defense" back there but some of the D will get moved.