New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zubrus should be the right wing for Zach and Trav. No doubt. Elias and Arnott need a right winger and Langs should be the third line right winger. Wouldn't it be awesome if Tedenby was ready to be the 2nd line right wing?

Yeah I definitely like Zubs over Langs.

So it would be Clarkson on the right of Elias and Arnott and Lands on the right of Rolston and possibly Jofeson? No bad I guess.

But I still think this team really needs a make over.

Could be that Lou isn't willing to throw out the cash and New Jersey's income and property taxes are enough to keep ANYONE away.

Would you imagine that Newark NJ is the most expensive city in the country to own and operate a business? It's true! This state stinks with those financial issues.

Zubrus should be the right wing for Zach and Trav. No doubt. Elias and Arnott need a right winger and Langs should be the third line right winger. Wouldn't it be awesome if Tedenby was ready to be the 2nd line right wing?

I said this in another thread, but what about Marek Svatos as the winger for Elias and Arnott? Give him a one year deal and hope he can find his game in a new setting. Health is definitely a worry with him, but Langs can be pushed up to the Elias-Arnott line if Svatos gets injured.

Edited by devils26

Could be that Lou isn't willing to throw out the cash and New Jersey's income and property taxes are enough to keep ANYONE away.

Would you imagine that Newark NJ is the most expensive city in the country to own and operate a business? It's true! This state stinks with those financial issues.

As bad as NJ is, California is just as bad if not worse with land value / taxes / etc. Not to mention the state is basically bankrupt.

I wouldn't be surprised if this ended today or tomorrow. Kovy knows what NJ has to offer and he will understand what LA has to offer as of today. Then it's just a matter of weighing the pros and cons which i'm sure he's been doing.

Actually, probably more like tomorrow to set up the press conference and let him sleep on it.

My guess. Also I think he's going to LA.

Yeah I definitely like Zubs over Langs.

So it would be Clarkson on the right of Elias and Arnott and Lands on the right of Rolston and possibly Jofeson? No bad I guess.

But I still think this team really needs a make over.

So I guess we'd be looking at

Parise-Zajac-Zubrus

Elias-Arnott-Clarkson

Rolston-Josefson-Langenbrunner

If Josefson learns quick, that third line could be great. I still question Clarkson being on the second line. I just don't see it.

Maybe, but I don't think California is that much cheaper.

I think the problem is the Devils are a 'system' and that is a turn off for most top players who weren't brought up in the Devils system.

We'll see what happens with Zach, but if he decides to test UFA I'd say there's something very very wrong going on.

The meeting according to LeBrun is "All Day".

LET GO KINGS!!!

yea first breakfast, then a quick tour of the practice facility, then a very nice lunch at the staples center followed by a tour of the arena, locker room, etc., then a quick sit down to discuss contract options and the team with the owners and coaches.... then out to dinner to one of the fanciest restaurants in town with Kovy his agent and the kings brass team.

So I guess we'd be looking at

Parise-Zajac-Zubrus

Elias-Arnott-Clarkson

Rolston-Josefson-Langenbrunner

If Josefson learns quick, that third line could be great. I still question Clarkson being on the second line. I just don't see it.

That's just not a cup contending team, IMO. I mean we'll still be better than the Rags and Isles and will more than likely make the playoffs with this team, but I still think a big change needs to happen. With or without Kovy.

That's just not a cup contending team, IMO. I mean we'll still be better than the Rags and Isles and will more than likely make the playoffs with this team, but I still think a big change needs to happen. With or without Kovy.

I'm not happy with that group of forwards either. Clarkson doesn't belong on the second line. Who the hell knows what kind of year Rolston is going to have... and no one knows if Josefson will be there even though he's been given every opportunity now to get that job.

I wouldn't be surprised if this ended today or tomorrow. Kovy knows what NJ has to offer and he will understand what LA has to offer as of today. Then it's just a matter of weighing the pros and cons which i'm sure he's been doing.

Actually, probably more like tomorrow to set up the press conference and let him sleep on it.

My guess. Also I think he's going to LA.

I think what has been holding up a deal with the Kings (only my speculation) is perhaps some pshychological need to get past the $100 million threshold in a front loaded deal that he was supposedly offered in Atlanta, even if it turns out to be over 15 or 17 years. My guess is that he'll learn to live without it, and get soemthing that allws him one more relatively big UFA deal, whether it's in the NHL or Russia.

I'm not happy with that group of forwards either. Clarkson doesn't belong on the second line. Who the hell knows what kind of year Rolston is going to have... and no one knows if Josefson will be there even though he's been given every opportunity now to get that job.

One other thing to consider is that Rolston becomes a healthy scratch on a somewhat regular basis, with the hope of giving him the message loud and clear so he has an extra incentive to waive his NTC. He's probably given every chance to succeed early on, but after that, who knows...

Clarkson should be on the 3rd line with rolston. lets give rolston a smaller role this year, he can still play but obviously not at a major role. keep the expectations low on rolston and let him play a simple defensive responsible game and he'll be fine.

I think the guys in camp both rookie and training camp later on should realize there is a good chance they could get a shot this year and work extra hard to impress and give them a shot at some open/iffy spots in the lineup.

An all day meeting suggests, to me, that it's the make it or break it meeting. LA wants Kovy, Kovy wants LA, but if Kovy and LA can't meet on terms after today then they're actually through this time.

It suggests to me that Kovy will settle in terms of asking price to meet LA's cap requirements. I think he really wants to play in LA and although the Kings bailed out twice, they know they have Kovy over a barrel. I think they need to come to terms that won't embarress Kovy or Grossman pubicly (e.g. incentives).

I still think it's possible Lou signed Clarkson to trade with Toronto for Kaberle. More like hopeful, I guess, but I'd be more than happy to keep him for the checking line. I just don't see him as a top two line forward.

Those lines are fine to start a season with. When was the last time our regular season roster was the playoff roster.

Parise-Zajac-Langenbrunner

Elias-Arnie-Clarkson

Rolston-Zubrus-Zharkov

Leblond-Pelley-Whoever

I'm more concerened about a puck moving D anyway.