New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

Weird quotes from Lou:

TGfireandice

Lamoriello said Kovalchuk contract is legal under CBA, but "we shouldn't have these."

Lamoriello said "absolutely" rolled his eyes at DiPietro and Ovechkin contracts and also "absolutely" rolled his eyes at Kovy's deal.

Why did he do it? "You'd have to speak to ownership about that...this is a commitment and a decision they wanted to make.."

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weird quotes from Lou:

TGfireandice

Lamoriello said Kovalchuk contract is legal under CBA, but "we shouldn't have these."

Lamoriello said "absolutely" rolled his eyes at DiPietro and Ovechkin contracts and also "absolutely" rolled his eyes at Kovy's deal.

Why did he do it? "You'd have to speak to ownership about that...this is a commitment and a decision they wanted to make.."

Lou's boss is taking the heat... make things work better going forward... Lou 100% orchestrates the whole thing.

need to do the same with Parise before they change the rules

don't believe, "it wasn't up to me" bs from Lou

Think about it. The league now can't go after Lou if he supports rules against these types of contracts in the future. ANd if Kovy doesn't work out, it's not on Lou.

Hey I lost a post I was going to quote here...

(how'd I do for useless space take post, eh? eh???? :uni: )

All guests log in - register and just say hello why dont you all?

but seriously -- I would like to know how many different posters took part in this thread -- not us psycho blabber mouths..

Hey, speaking of which, too bad Derek didn't post here... back in the day he couldnt have left this alone!

With all this stuff going on with Kovy I am interested to hear what Zach has to say. Parise should still become the face of the Devils when Marty is gone, as well as wear the "C". Going on the Devils website and seeing all the Kovy stuff everywhere I'd like Zach to know we haven't forgotten about him.

Think about it. The league now can't go after Lou if he supports rules against these types of contracts in the future. ANd if Kovy doesn't work out, it's not on Lou.

Where is msweet's post quoted in this post? I kind of agree. I mean -- that's part of the liar thing. You can't be sure because you didn't HEAR him say it. Lou has a liar face - actually two both involve much sincerity. His fan liar face is this bewildered smile, like he's part of your group "Hmm, I should say, what in the world IS going on here - I'll go see what I can do" :whistling: HEY I SAW THAT WHISTLE SMILIE LOU!! Then there's the mock anger/stern liar face. Reading the quotes from Amberite I see that one.. he tilts his head a little his eyes bug out with a false intensity.

BUT by the same token I can see him not wanting to sully the game with star treatment and stuff... but you all just know he secretly kind of likes it -- he may feel a little dirty -- but nothing a good hot shower won't take care of :evil:

Edited by Pepperkorn

Where is msweet's post quoted in this post? I kind of agree. I mean -- that's part of the liar thing. You can't be sure because you didn't HEAR him say it. Lou has a liar face - actually two both involve much sincerity. His fan liar face is this bewildered smile, like he's part of your group "Hmm, I should say, what in the world IS going on here - I'll go see what I can do" :whistling: HEY I SAW THAT WHISTLE SMILIE LOU!! Then there's the mock anger/stern liar face. Reading the quotes from Amberite I see that one.. he tilts his head a little his eyes bug out with a false intensity.

BUT by the same token I can see him not wanting to sully the game with star treatment and stuff... but you all just know he secretly kind of likes it -- he may feel a little dirty -- but nothing a good hot shower won't take care of :evil:

I was adding to Msweet's point. I'm not really sure where I stand on this. What goes down in the Devils Lair is really unknown.

I could definitely see Lou not wanting to play the "star-player game" and give a ridiculously long contract to one player. Maybe Lou's comments hinted at Lou's frustration with JVB.

Then again, Lou is always well in control of his emotions and he never really gives a straight story to the media. Instead his words are always filled with symbols, metaphors and foreshadowing. It's not like Lou, to just point the finger at JVB like that, even if it was true.

Think about it. If it really was JVB's call only, would Lou ever let us know that?

Interviewer: Mart is the face of the franchise. Does this signing make you the face of the franchise.

Kovy: NO way. You have to deserve to be the face of the franchise and [brodeur] deserves everything.

I love Kovy. :evil:

He also basically said that they went to LA because his wife wanted to.

Interviewer: Mart is the face of the franchise. Does this signing make you the face of the franchise.

Kovy: NO way. You have to deserve to be the face of the franchise and [brodeur] deserves everything.

I love Kovy. :evil:

He also basically said that they went to LA because his wife wanted to.

Yea that was my favorite part.

mad.gif Can't watch the NHL vids at work 'cause of the adobe version. Couldn't watch the press conf due to the same reason, rant2.gif

I can't stand "yip" dogs like Kovalchuks and the one in pk's siggy horse.gif

Aren't you glad Kovy isn't dead? Funniest joke of the whole thread, so much so I even nominated you for the funniest poster award on the boards

Hahah, I noticed that. Thank you, sir.

And yeah, I'm glad that he's not dead. Let's hope he stays alive for 17 more years.

It was Lou's call.. From Rich Chere start-ledger

So I did speak to Vanderbeek about it.

"No, this is not my signing," Vanderbeek said. "It was a combination of the whole organization. Certainly Lou did a lot of the heavy lifting. My partner, Mike Gilfillan, was very supportive and helpful. This is never just about one person.

"We did what we could to put our best foot forward. You make a decision and you don't look back."

There are people who won't believe Lamoriello pushed for this because of the salary and length of the contract.

"I would just say those people don't really know him well," Vanderbeek said. "Lou is all about giving the organization the best chance to succeed. T

I have to admit they played it out well. I wonder were Hollywood is to talk about AEG and how big the pull of the Kings are!

Anyway for the money I like the deal I have changed my tune after listening to that conference and seeing part of the team I am just dying for some Hockey Go Devils 2011

Hahah, I noticed that. Thank you, sir.

And yeah, I'm glad that he's not dead. Let's hope he stays alive for 17 more years.

How about lets hope he stays alive for the next 40-50 years, gains Scott Stevens type status, retires a Devil, becomes a NJD legend, comes back to coach the team, and wins about 3 or 4 more Stanley Cups?

I like that better