New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is all garbage!

Backlash will be a horror show!

How many tickets were sold since Monday? How many Kovy jerseys bought or ordered?

This would horrible for the Devils organization and horrible for the NHL if Kovy isn't a Devil in the end. PERIOD!

Backlash will be a horror show!

so does this mean we add another week to the days of the kovalchuk fan hostage

NHL declares hypocritical, political war with Kovalchuk rejection

interesting quote....

We can assume that's B.S., but from a legal standpoint there would need to have been something tangible that stated the contract was structured with the intent of Kovalchuk retiring. Frankly, the Devils and Kovalchuk agreeing to have a No-Trade Clause to the end of the deal is more compelling evidence that he "intends" to play out the term than the NHL simply saying "we don't believe you."

Edited by grcenter47

yesterday's fanfare at the Prudential Center might as well have had a "Mission: Accomplished" banner behind the dais.

ok - this was funny :giggle:

Hmm... I think I'm just too worn out by this all to think it was some kind of elaborate charade. I don't understand what the point would be unless there was full disclosure with player and management. It's upsetting to me to think there wasn't. Because clearly this wasn't "just business" to Kovalchuk. Why would Lou sh!t all over the first free agent to really want to come here -- or what were we not privy to?

In other news Bettman said that the contract to the Devs is null and void but if Kovy wants to sign the same deal with the Penguins then that's okay.

He would also raise the cap just for the penguins so they could fit kovalchuk martin crosby and malkin under it

so by wanting to eliminate "retirement contracts", the league wants to outlaw franchise players. So they want to make it illegal to lock up a player for his career and force us to have to give up a Kovalchuk in the future if someone tries to lure him away with more money/accommodations, when his contract is up for renewal? If a team places that much value on someone that they want to lock him up and nullify any chance he may be gone to free agency in the future, why is that such a big deal? I guess now the hypocritical NHL is against dynasties like the Islanders of the early 80s or Canadiens, or teams like that. It's the "everyone plays fair, no one has an advantage" rule. :rolleyes:

In fact forget Hockey!

ehhh, screw the whole thing! haha. gotta love Bender Bending Rodriguez!

I just joined the FVCK GARY BETTMAN!!!!!! group on facebook, only 125 members but i guess it's because it's either a new group or just one of those under the radar ones. doesn't look like it's all devils fans pissed at him either...

Big Lou is just having a bad day.

He got a ham and cheese sandwich in his lunch again and they forgot the fancy mustard. He loves that fancy mustard. You could put that mustard on a shoe and he bets it would taste pretty good. But his day is lloking up cause he got a Hostess cupcake. He likes to peel the chocolate frosting off the top and save it for later. it's like a desert desert. Whoa!Whoa!Whoa!